settings are in:
<path/to/your/chummer/executable>/settings/default.xml
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #31 on: <02-18-13/1547:13> »
do you mean, will you be issued trained animals...? I'll need some context or background to authorize that, and I'll have to do some reading, do you have page numbers and books you'd recommend I flip through?
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <02-18-13/1550:54> »
Hey thanks for a heads up on the monowhip build. He will have some basic use of firearms, and will be very good with longarms. I figure a sniper out on the tundra will work quite well.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #33 on: <02-18-13/1555:36> »
You may want gunnery 4, firing in a moving vehicle requires gunnery, though you'll be more of a designated marksman than a sniper, that doesn't mean I won't  give you a nifty gun.

Here's the default.xml file for those of you that need it.
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1558:52> by Aryeonos »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <02-18-13/1612:40> »
Magnetbox, I was going to go a sniper angle with my character, too. I might be willing to try a mage, though (was initially building up an ork adept sniper). But like I said, I'm a bumbling newb, so maybe mage isn't a good idea?

I'll fill whatever role is necessary, just keep in mind my options are limited just due to my lack of game knowledge (hacking/rigging/matrix/vehicle stuff still hopelessly confuses me).
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #35 on: <02-18-13/1617:18> »
You can make a sniper adept if you like, and I'm think I will count battle rifles as longarms for the purpose of semi auto fire if everyone is okay with that. But I need to stress you won't be operating as lone wolves, so keep your team mates in mind. Someone mentioned a south african mage, that idea sounded neat to me, if you would like to play a mage I see no reason why you shouldn't, whatever role you take can only aid your team.

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <02-18-13/1621:34> »
Scrubbing up on hazard pay, have come across polar bears and was mildly amused that they have the intimidate skill. Now thinking of a bear demanding to know "WHERE IS SHE!!!"

Cheesed that reindeer do not have the flight skill... but the awaked ones do  ;D
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1633:28> by Ernie55 »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <02-18-13/1627:30> »
Well hmm... if someone else is going sniper adept, maybe I should do something else entirely?

I was really planning to do adept with stealth/sniper. If there is too much overlap maybe one of us should go some slightly other direction. I am up for anything, just been a long time since I have played an adept.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #38 on: <02-18-13/1630:34> »
do you mean, will you be issued trained animals...? I'll need some context or background to authorize that, and I'll have to do some reading, do you have page numbers and books you'd recommend I flip through?

Running Wild, p. 32-40
Standard K9 or something like that, it depends on agreement. And its just an idea :)

As those 25 karma  in sheet, those were given by GM for final touches, and the run was never finished (GM was cut off after Irene) I wont use those.I should be fine with those 750 standard points :)

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <02-18-13/1638:03> »
The only thing is I wasn't the one who said South African mage... that was somebody else. So somebody else might have dibs. Magnetbox, if you really want to go sniper adept, go for it. I'll try and figure out something else.

I would generally like to try a mage character (I'm the guy who always wants to play the wizard in D&D, so it's just a role I like). I will definitely need some help in making him, but so far people have been really supportive.

I'll bang up a mage character and also a standard footsoldier grunt cannon fodder type, and play whichever one will be more useful to the group.
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1639:55> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <02-18-13/1649:55> »
Alright, well if you change your mind just say the word and I will figure it out. Right now I am making a Human Marksman Adept. He will be mainly focused for long range stuff with longarms and gunnery, but also have some stealth/melee skills for utility (due to the overlap of Agility).

Haven't decided on all my powers yet, but he should be able to shoot things well. What else matters?

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <02-18-13/1700:12> »
As the HW Ork I will focus on the heavy weapons skill (with the weapons provided for me I didn't specialize further yet). [6]
But I will ofcourse field a reasonable gunnery skill. [4]
I'll have advanced unnarmed combat skills aswell as the Athletics Group. [4]
I'll be able to infiltrate on a professional level. [4]
I will field a professional first-aid skill. [4]
My outdoors skills including survival will be at a professional level. [4]
I'll be able to intimidate, but not handle any other social interaction.

I'll have basic training with longarms (in fact I'll probably have the firearms group at a basic level) but won't take up a sniper slot. [1-2]

The rest is kinda undecided for now, probably some hardware to get by maglocks, pilot groundcraft.

Also everything is not passed by Aryeonos yet.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #42 on: <02-18-13/1717:37> »
OK ive updated Nina to more military oriented setting, using points for skills, training and ware. General profile stands the same: Scout/Medic. Added  more variety of skills. nina.chum follows in attachement
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/1729:59> by Sichr »

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #43 on: <02-18-13/1732:34> »
Thrass that looks good, Magnetbox and Bewilderbeast, you're free to overlap but it looks like right now the group just needs firepower, I'd recommend that both of you take up longarms and automatics and specialize as you like. As I said earlier, I'll count the battle rifle in single fire as a longarms roll.

Magnetbox I'd be interested in seeing a monowhip in action, and you're free to take close combat and infiltration skills, just understand that your initial engagements could happen at hundreds of meters. That doesn't mean that infiltration and security defeating skills won't come in handy when breaching a facility.

Everyone should have some infiltration, survival and navigation skills. As well as a side arm skill and a main weapon skill.

I'll post up the outfit's standard issue gear and ware, if you're a mage or adept you won't be given more than 1 essence in ware unless you elect to do so.

okay Sichr I'll look it over.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <02-18-13/1814:18> »
Sorry Aryeonos, I'll bow out of this. It sounds like a very interesting game and I wish everyone the best of luck, but there are too many books for me to read and I feel like I'll spend most of my time going back and forth between books just to understand what is being said. Have fun everyone, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix