NEWS

Banishing and Summoning (Easy Answer I bet)

• 19 Replies

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-19-10/1135:30> »
Thanks a lot.
I'm not sure the "Dweller on the treshold" would apply to the spirits, and since magicians can dissimulate astral links in the metaplanes, it didn't seemed illogic, but Im pretty sure allowing spirits to sustain a power from their metaplane would be unbalanced, since a power can't be dispelled and isn't affected by astral wards, the only way to break it is destroying the spirit or knocking down a magician.
If I understand well, no need to sustain a mana spell cast on another astral from when going back to physical plane, but it can be done, okay, we'll care about the applications later.
Okay for the two sides of the magician, okay for sustaining a physical spell when going astral. Just a last check : can we still cast Mana spells on the physical body, or is it considered dead until the magician's astral form is back ?

I disagree only with this :

( as you must maintain LOS on the area you are sustaining the spell in).
I'm pretty sure you don't have to stay in LOS to sustain a spell with an area, but you have to stay in LOS to move the area.

Yup, that's it. SR4a core rulebook, in spell casting, step 7. Cant' tell you the page since mine is in french, pages are not the same (unless you have a french version).
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Magus

• Newb
  • Dumpshock Alum
« Reply #16 on: <09-19-10/1145:27> »
Yes that is it exactly Step 7 is where I found the AOE sustaining rules.
Commanding Officer of the Floridian Ninja Surfing Drop Bear Pirates!!!

Shah Dude!!

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-19-10/1150:18> »
Well, mine clearly doesn't say that. It says you have to stay in LOS if you want to move the area, but nothing else, and since you don't have to stay in LOS to sustain a classic spell, I don't think you have to stay in LOS to sustain the AOE if you don't want to move it.
Could you copy yours please, so that I can read if it's a translation mistake ?
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Magus

• Newb
  • Dumpshock Alum
« Reply #18 on: <09-19-10/1156:15> »
Oops, read it to fast. You are correct you must maintain LOS if you are moving an AoE sustained spell.
Commanding Officer of the Floridian Ninja Surfing Drop Bear Pirates!!!

Shah Dude!!

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-19-10/1156:44> »
You frightened me ^^"