NEWS

Fun with Centaur Limnal Body

• 8 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« on: <07-21-15/1220:58> »
Had a bit of fun with a character with a Centaur Limnal Body recently:

Had to 'borrow' a vehicle on a 'run, couldn't fit inside. So since Pockets had wheels in her feet... "Guys, could you try to keep the speed below about 35 mph?" as she held on to the back of the car with one cyberarm.

GM: "Wait, so she's cut off at about the waist... how does her digestive system work?"
Me, deadpan: "Open the pod bay doors, HAL." (Pockets has rating 3 biowaste storage installed.)

Why is she called Pockets? 80 capacity, plenty of room for large smuggling compartments.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-22-15/0001:23> »
I'm so very, very happy to hear somebody start talking about thi sone.

Gold star!

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-22-15/0340:58> »
It's something that's been on my gaming bucket list, ever since seeing a picture of a cyber-centaur on Another Game System's post-apocalyptic splatbook.

Distinctive style? No drek. Optimized? Not for the usual talk, shoot, sneak. Fun? Oh, frag, yes.

Another item of note, is the use of two extra foot spikes for recoil compensation.

Overall, the centaur limnal body is very useful for a self-sufficient/survival oriented character: Room for air tanks, food storage, high rating built-in medkit, random gear storage, high carry capacity, high armor capacity.

The idea behind my current character using this is a matter of being able to say, 'I've got just the bit of gear,' 'I have a place to stash that thing,' 'Hey, shoot at *me*, not the mage, decker or face,' and 'Headshot.' With the possibility of getting into small quarters being a problem, may as well be a great shot with longarms and specialize in sniper rifles. Cyber Singularity Seeker works well for this augmentation and build in particular.

I'm planning on posting Pockets in the Character build subforum after adjusting things to be in line with rules clarifications.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #3 on: <07-22-15/2358:15> »
Since the other thread popped up, I've started working on a cyber-centaur type character myself, though with a big cat flair! Not sure if it's rules legal, but I'm going to throw rating 4 improved synthskin to give it a real look and feel as well!

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-23-15/0028:24> »
Since the other thread popped up, I've started working on a cyber-centaur type character myself, though with a big cat flair! Not sure if it's rules legal, but I'm going to throw rating 4 improved synthskin to give it a real look and feel as well!

Make sure you cut the Capacity in half down to 40 if you are going Synthetic instead of obvious. Cats are furry (those hairless cats creep me the fuck out!!!) why are you doing Synthskin? You can have faux fur on your Balance Tail, no reason not to do that for the Centaur Body and call it a Case Mod where the amount of money you spend will determine how "real" the fur feels. That's what the Case Mod is for... these conceptual ideas. So you can create you very own Urmahlullu (Mesopotamian Half man Half Lion Guardian Spirit.)

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-23-15/0255:24> »
Hm, good idea using Casemod for making the body look synthetic. I went with brushed stainless for my current character.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-23-15/0342:05> »
Hm, good idea using Casemod for making the body look synthetic. I went with brushed stainless for my current character.

Case Mod for faux fur... wouldn't qualify it as "Synthetic" since so much of the Capacity is being eaten up to achieve that look for regular limbs.

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <03-11-16/2313:55> »
Get a Heavy concealed retractable turret mount, plus an Ares Archon Heavy MP Laser, 2 power packs connected together, a solar panel to help recharge, and the right software. Then your flank will be defended well.

ordeiberon

• Newb
  • We are but a stepping stone to what we can become
« Reply #8 on: <10-12-18/1525:03> »
Get a Heavy concealed retractable turret mount, plus an Ares Archon Heavy MP Laser, 2 power packs connected together, a solar panel to help recharge, and the right software. Then your flank will be defended well.

I went with the Ares thunderstruck Gauss rifle for mine, though I considered the Panther xxl assault cannon as well. Not as self-sufficient but he will not be messed with.