NEWS

Shadows of the FDC (Updated DC map for Shadowrun) Critique and Suggestions

• 7 Replies

ordeiberon

• Newb
  • We are but a stepping stone to what we can become
« on: <10-19-18/1803:42> »
My current campaign is set in the FDC so I did my best to take the two best custom google DeeCee maps I could find and combine them to try and create a lore friendly master map.

I offer it up for opinions on what might need to be adjusted to match lore, and the lore friendliness of the new items I added. Especially the Corporate Development Zone in the Harbor. Most of my PCs do some work for EVO but I had a hard time finding anything on EVO assets in the FDC, so I created my own.

I could also use suggestions on Shadowrun punny names for the locations based on real locals, like the one I made for Madame Orkans.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1f8bEH2fgGIB3jWVkiyVIMaBggylOXMOv&ll=38.799953803238715%2C-77.20012832769152&z=10

UPDATE: All neighborhoods listed for the FDC in the Neo-Anarachist Guide to North America, have been added. When working with the map I prefer to turn of the neighborhood layer, but the info is there are it was in the book.

UPDATE: Cannon underworld territories from the NAGNA added as new layer, along with some possible locations of Underworld HQs.

UPDATE: Map should reflect info in Conspiracy Theories correctly now (Fort Meade & BWI remain in Maryland), and includes locations mentioned in Just Compensation (though location is a guess as hard map markers are rarely mentioned there.)

I am unsure of the current status of T99 and Manadyne following the breakup of NeoNet, so they still bear the NeoNet (Now Novatech) Logo. Unsure if they just split off as mentioned or were scooped by Spin Global.
« Last Edit: <11-06-18/1923:32> by ordeiberon »

ordeiberon

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-18/2135:30> »
Had to fix public access, so anyone who it did not work for can try again.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-20-18/0835:29> »
This is really nice work...thanks for sharing!

ordeiberon

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-20-18/1926:49> »
This is really nice work...thanks for sharing!

Thanks. It's still growing as I get ideas and suggestions.

ordeiberon

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-21-18/1045:57> »
Update: All neighborhoods listed for the FDC in the Neo-Anarachist Guide to North America, have been added. When working with the map I prefer to turn of the neighborhood layer, but the info is there are it was in the book.

Rick Sanchez

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-30-18/2007:36> »
  Amazing your work, but how can I build one of these for the city in which I live?

the name of the tool or program.

ordeiberon

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-30-18/2016:20> »
  Amazing your work, but how can I build one of these for the city in which I live?

the name of the tool or program.

It's google "my maps" you can create custom maps using the google maps engine. It is separate from the normal maps app.

I should note that if you are looking for Seattle their are several good maps made for there.
« Last Edit: <10-30-18/2019:08> by ordeiberon »

ordeiberon

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <11-06-18/1922:46> »
UPDATE: Map should reflect info in Conspiracy Theories correctly now (Fort Meade & BWI remain in Maryland), and includes locations mentioned in Just Compensation (though location is a guess as hard map markers are rarely mentioned there.)

I am unsure of the current status of T99 and Manadyne following the breakup of NeoNet, so they still bear the NeoNet (Now Novatech) Logo. Unsure if they just split off as mentioned or were scooped by Spin Global.