NEWS

So what archetype is everyone playing, mission-wise?

• 45 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-27-16/0140:43> »
There's always Google Drive to back up those HeroLab files.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #16 on: <03-27-16/0228:19> »
...again, are character files really that huge?
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-27-16/0256:53> »
Ok, something is getting lost in translation here. I do not care about losing the hero lab files. I can rebuild the hero lab files, if I wished; it's really not that hard. I lost half of a TB of data, programs, videos, and pictures. The hero lab files aren't a priority, at all. I can remake those with minimal effort, so backing them up is not a priority.

As of right now, the hero lab files don't exist anymore, and I'm not worried about it. Do. Not. Care. When I do get to do Shadowrun Missions again, I'm just going with a Technomancer. I should have done that quite some time ago, so that I could get some submersions out of the way, such as getting skinlink, being able to emulate a RCC, etc.

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <04-04-16/1342:00> »
When I can play again, my character is Pockets, the cybercentaur with many smuggling compartments, and a large longarms dice pool. She has low initiative though. Her job is to bring the gear for everyone else.

Also comic relief indoors. Lots of agility and etiquette rolls.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #19 on: <04-04-16/1717:50> »
....my character Leela is good for comic relief as well.

Last session she was at the wheel of another character's Roadmaster which she parked a couple blocks from where the job was being done when a Lonestar beat officer came up and knocked on the window (the other character was more well suited to performing infiltration).  Now if seeing a very young girl seated at the controls of an obviously suspicious looking vehicle wasn't enough to confuse him, she played the part of an innocent  teenager, using her fast talk skill and performance, finally getting him to leave (shaking his head as he walked away).

Good thing too as there were the team's three mages in the back,  two in Astral Space doing overwatch and one sustaining several spells.

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <04-08-16/0134:18> »
I play a Triad Made Man Decker (my main, prime runner now).  Professionalism is his watchword on the job, and his defending rankings worldwide in the StarCraft 7 tournaments are his favorite downtime activity.  He also gets stuck facing regularly, so he keeps those skills up

My mage, Maatun, is a Egyptologist Magician.  A tall, thin albino in an Anubis Mask.

My last character is a 'rigger'.  A ogre who drives a Roadmaster loaded with DOT AR signs and several barrels of 'you really don't want to know' n the back.  Move by wire for all his social skills and a 4 charisma has let him con his way passed a lot of cops with all sorts of stuff hidden in his vehicle.  'Oops, forgot to clean that.' he says as he squeegies some sort of noxious green slime off the floor of the cargo compartment.  "You want me to open that?  You sure?'  Tightens up seals on hazmat suit...

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #21 on: <04-11-16/0224:11> »
...I love that last character. Been on a couple runs with him.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <04-11-16/1624:54> »
Hopefully some of you will be at Origins and I would be able to maybe team with some of these characters.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <04-11-16/1934:58> »
Hopefully some of you will be at Origins and I would be able to maybe team with some of these characters.

That's the plan.  They haven't posted game slots yet, have they?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #24 on: <04-15-16/0324:36> »
....sadly it involves travelling almost across the country from where I live which I cannot afford so I won't be able to make it. 

Don't fly anymore for health reasons so it would take nearly 4 days each way by train, and then a bus from Cleveland as Amtrak doesn't serve Columbus.

dlinch

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <04-21-16/1559:47> »
I am currently playing a Hermetic Mage.
Not much time for gaming, so it is simply the one character at this point.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <04-21-16/2054:28> »

That's the plan.  They haven't posted game slots yet, have they?

Here is it is in condensed and in order by date and time from the confusing Origins event grid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v0rjfnzpxfmtur/Shadowrun%20at%20Origins%20Schedule.xlsx?dl=0

Bow down to a true pimp, omae.
« Last Edit: <04-21-16/2058:42> by Hibiki54 »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <04-22-16/0816:08> »
After quite a bit of refreshing, I finally managed to register for games.  See you there, chummers!
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <04-22-16/1742:39> »
The CMPs on Monday were sold out, yet the others throughout the week were not. And I jumped on it late.

Hopefully I can generic into CMP 2016-05 and 06. I'm actually very interested in that series since I never played on the African continent in Shadowrun (period).

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #29 on: <04-27-16/1513:30> »
I am currently playing:

Viktor, mystic hammer adept with a splash of cyberware. Demolitionist. Also, big Ukrainian man. Is to be very sexy. They keep making him be the Face. It is mistake.

Bob the Hobo. Shaman. Chicago Q Zone native. Slightly insane. Possibly human under all that beard. Was only recently introduced to the concept of hygiene.

Not played yet:

Old Man Jones. Legendary Prime Runner. Mage. Old. Cranky. Tends to have a plan for everything. Yes, even if a dragon randomly shows up. What, you don't sneak in the night before the run to plant explosives everywhere? It's only a sensible precaution. Resemblance to an elderly version of a certain bat-themed vigilante neither confirmed or denied.

Jack Cross. Face extraordinaire and rigger god. Also Prime Runner. Has a secret. (P.S. it's that she's a pixie in a human suit, don't tell anyone.) Sometimes looks like an old 2D movie actor with the initials RDJ.

I'll be at Origins. Hopefully I'll see some of ya'll there. Playing the PM missions Saturday, I think.

-k
« Last Edit: <04-27-16/1515:20> by KarmaInferno »