NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

Aaron

« Reply #540 on: <08-31-13/1018:38> »
Can you add a commlink (capacity 2) to cybereyes?

No. Cybereyes can only take cybereye augmentations.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #541 on: <08-31-13/1023:10> »
Aaron in the initiative response what exactly are you saying yes to?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #542 on: <08-31-13/1029:23> »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

davesignal

• Newb
« Reply #543 on: <08-31-13/1534:16> »
Q: Can a Technomancer target a host with complex forms that targets a device, such as Resonance Veil, Diffusion of [Matrix Attribute], or Puppeteer?
Q: When a Technomancer targets a slaved device with a complex form, does the slaved device have the option of using the master's Willpower/Device Rating and Firewall to defend against it?
« Last Edit: <08-31-13/1548:29> by davesignal »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #544 on: <09-01-13/1708:42> »
Q: Can an Adept, Magician or Mystic Adept without Ritual Spellcasting but with Astral Perception play the roll of Spotter in a ritual (which means they do not roll but still suffer drain), or is Ritual Spellcasting required to participate?
Q: Bound Spirits can function as Spotter for a ritual [thanks to their mental link with a Ritual Spellcaster]. Can Watchers, which are like bound Spirits, function as Spotter? Can a Homonculus?

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #545 on: <09-02-13/0904:49> »
In relation to Chandras question. IF an adept can be used as a spotter, does he roll body+willpower as if it was an adept power with drain, as he doesnt have a tradition?

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #546 on: <09-02-13/1220:16> »
on page 238, DATA SPIKE is a (complex Action) but on page 244 it listed on the table as a Simple, i take it this is a error right?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #547 on: <09-02-13/1255:47> »
on page 238, DATA SPIKE is a (complex Action) but on page 244 it listed on the table as a Simple, i take it this is a error right?
You're looking for the 5E Errata thread

wepv

• Newb
« Reply #548 on: <09-02-13/1557:13> »

Questions about how a mana barrier interacts with quickened(or non quickened) spells.

How do mana barriers define "object"?
Are spells "objects"?
If you try to walk through a mana barrier and fail your magic+cha vs barrier force x2 roll, do you simple fail to walk through as if you hit a wall? Or do you make it through, but all your spells and foci are disrupted? It is very unclear as to what actually happens if you attempt this.

Regarding astral intersections:
You drive a van through a mana barrier with five spells on you,
Do you:
A: roll spell force x 2 vs barrier force x 2 for every spell on you? If so:
What order do you roll in? If the first spell beats the barrier, the barrier drops (forever or until the end of the combat turn, depending on the barrier) do you then not roll for the other spells?
B: Roll for the person (magic + cha) vs barrier force x 2? If so, on a failure to break through are your spells disrupted AND you are unconscious? Are you just unconscious? Are you only unconscious if you were astrally perceiving but your spells are still disrupted?

Why are the rules different for being forced through a barrier and pushing your way through a barrier?
Modify message

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #549 on: <09-02-13/1619:13> »
Q: How do mana-based spells interact with homunculi? Are they objects like drones? Living things like spirits? Their static Willpower makes me hope for the former.
Q: Do homunculi have Stun Condition Monitors? Spirits are explicitly called out as having them, homunculi are not.
Q: Is the Physical condition monitor for the homunculi calculated normally based on their Body?
Q: Homunculi have movement listed as 15/30. They seem to be the only critter listed with a static movement not based on their Agility. Is this Walking/Running speed and can they sprint?
« Last Edit: <09-02-13/1623:49> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

davesignal

• Newb
« Reply #550 on: <09-02-13/2340:24> »
Q: Does Natural Hardening simply increase the Firewall rating of a Technomancer's Living Persona by +1? The text seems to imply this. If not, what is the proper interaction between Technomancers and Natural Hardening?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #551 on: <09-03-13/0518:42> »
Q: Are the Adept Power Combat Sense and the Spell Combat Sense supposed to stack?

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #552 on: <09-03-13/1147:48> »
Edge Clarification:

The Edge rules state:
A character’s Edge attribute never actually changes, even when Edge points are spent, unless the character permanently burns Edge
Does that mean that if a) I am a really lucky human with Edge 7 and b) I spend Edge to Push the Limit in three subsequent rounds, that I roll 7D6 extra each time? It says you apply your Edge rating to the roll and I'm not sure if that means Attribute or (Attribute - Spent Edge).

Follow up, if you've spent all of your Edge, can you still burn Edge since your Edge attribute doesn't actually change as a result of spending Edge?
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Sielle

• Newb
« Reply #553 on: <09-03-13/1252:17> »
Q: Which specialization of negotiation would be used for trying to track down black market gear? Bargaining?

Veggiesama

• Newb
« Reply #554 on: <09-03-13/1404:28> »
Q: What do autopilot drones roll for defense tests? Is it Pilot + Evasion autosoft, or is Evasion limited only to Sensor Defense Tests? Could it be Pilot + Maneuver autosoft? (I am partial to using Pilot x 2 so it remains an attribute + attribute defense test without a limit, but the rules hint otherwise)

Q: p269 says "The Device Rating of a drone is the same as its Pilot Rating, meaning all of its Matrix attributes are equal to the Pilot Rating." p234 says drones have a device rating of 2. Which is it? It's important to know because drones can only run up to DR / 2 (round up) autosofts.

Q: Does it cost money to repair a drone? Repairing Matrix damage seems to be free, except critical glitches permanently brick the device. Build/repair tests for Physical damage are looser and more open to GM interpretation, but I imagine they'd be similar to repairing Matrix damage. The only time the text mentions cost is when the drone is bricked and destroyed.

Q: Recoil stuff
A. Does firing a Single-Shot (SS) weapon eliminate progressive recoil penalties or merely allow you to ignore them? For example, I am holding an SMG in my left hand and a revolver in the right. Pass 1, I fire full-auto with the SMG and rack up a -9 penalty, which would normally carry over to the next pass. Pass 2, I fire the revolver and suffer no recoil. Pass 3, I fire the SMG. Do I add the -9 from earlier, or do I start at 0 again?
B. If I fire my SS five times in a row, then quick-draw an SMG, am I starting at 0 or -4 for the accumulated recoil?
C. Does Suppressive Fire work the same way? Are accumulated recoil penalties eliminated or simply ignored?
D. Even though I ignore recoil during Suppressive Fire, does my next attack in the next pass start from 0 or do I include the 20 bullets fired from the previous attack as a -19 recoil penalty?
(I'm writing an app to help track recoil across combat, and these questions came up)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: <09-04-13/0240:56> by Veggiesama »