NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

Carz

• Chummer
« Reply #240 on: <08-05-13/1302:32> »
Pulse Storm CF (pg 252) is listed as Duration: I (instant).
I'm wondering it is should be a Sustained CF, or if it should have listed an amount of time it lasts, like Transcendent Grid does.

Otherwise, an instant duration CF that hits a target with noise only for that instant isn't very useful.
The Aztechnology ziggurat is imposing in only the way corporate architecture mixed with a an ancient culture renown for its human sacrifice could be. Its hard to really determine which is more chilling, though... the ancient bloody past or modern soulless technology.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #241 on: <08-05-13/2002:49> »
Character Generation
Choose Your Metatype
  • An entry of Human (1), Dwarf (3), and Elf (5) all mean the same thing; you have that metatype, and the number in parentheses is how many points you have to spend on Special Attributes. Special Attributes are Edge, Resonance, and Magic. (Page 65, right column, second paragraph)

So is it them possible to have a Magic above 6 (or Essence) at Chargen?[/list]
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #242 on: <08-05-13/2008:21> »
Exceptional Attribute now can apply to Resonance and Magic.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

BlackJaw

• Newb
« Reply #243 on: <08-06-13/1416:36> »
How separate do devices have to be to get their own icons in the matrix and/or count as a single slaved device?

Does a Gun with attached external Smartgun count as a single icon/device or is it a seperate icon for for the gun and the smartgun? 

Do cyber-eyes count as a single device with all the features of augmentations installed into their capacity, or does the smartlink, vision enhancement, and flarecomp each have it's own icon separate from the cyber-eyes themselves?  For that mater, if I install those augmentations directly into my actual real flesh and blood eyes, do they each get their own icon or do my eyes as a whole have an icon now?

Aaron

« Reply #244 on: <08-06-13/2318:19> »
Quote from: Xenon link=topic=11514.msg222545#msg222545
Q: Can you do a Crack File action using a Sleaze Action instead of an Attack Action

No.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #245 on: <08-06-13/2330:19> »
p.456 Customization of cyberlimb state that:
  • "You can have your cyberlimb tailored and customized to your frame and musculature"
  • You can not customize your cyberlimb "beyond your natural maximum for that attribute"
Should this be read as;

A) You can improve your cyberlimb to [but not beyond] your value for that attribute
- and not beyond your natural maximum for that attribute
(in case your value for that attribute is augmented beyond natural maximum with for example exceptional attribute)

or

B) You can improve your cyberlimb to [but not beyond] your natural maximum for that attribute
(the first sentence and your value for that attribute having no impact at all on how much you can customize the cyberlimb).

Points for A)
"You can have your cyberlimb tailored and customized to your frame and musculature" is not the same as "You can have your cyberlimb tailored and customized beyond your frame and musculature" nor is it the same as "You can have your cyberlimb tailored and customized to your maximum natural frame and musculature".

Points for B)
Street Samurai Archetype have a strength 11 cyberlimb but he only got 5 strength (implying custom cyberlimb beyond 5, all the way up to maximum natural of 8, followed by +3 enhancement).

This is one I'm really looking for an answer for so i know when i run a one off in a week and a half
« Last Edit: <08-06-13/2336:56> by Chrona »

Orci

• Newb
« Reply #246 on: <08-07-13/0242:45> »
Q: Can you do a Crack File action using a Sleaze Action instead of an Attack Action

No.
One can just hope this answer is wrong ... Otherwise there is now way to do any kind of file access without being detected.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #247 on: <08-07-13/1009:14> »
This is probably more along the lines of errata, but the skill "Infiltration" shows up a number of times in the book (notably pp. 362-63), but there is no longer a skill with this name.  Presumably all of these references should be Sneaking.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #248 on: <08-07-13/1029:52> »
This is probably more along the lines of errata, but the skill "Infiltration" shows up a number of times in the book (notably pp. 362-63), but there is no longer a skill with this name.  Presumably all of these references should be Sneaking.
That would be an errata item. I copied it over there.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #249 on: <08-07-13/1108:41> »

No.
One can just hope this answer is wrong ... Otherwise there is now way to do any kind of file access without being detected.

The host will just know that someone is somewhere, but nothing beyond that.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Orci

• Newb
« Reply #250 on: <08-07-13/1627:34> »
If you succeed with an Attack action, your target becomes aware that it is under attack by another icon, but it doesn’t automatically spot you.

So your target is the file, how does it and its owner not know what file you changed?

Psikerlord

• Omae
« Reply #251 on: <08-07-13/2305:04> »
Yeah i would think as soon as you attack something in particular, the host/owner knows exactly what you targeted. the warning would be something along the lines of "secret file xxx is being attacked!". Is my guess. Which is why you ought to be able to sleaze to break file protection. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #252 on: <08-08-13/0615:53> »
During your turn, can you use Simple Actions to perform Free Actions?

For example, can you use up your 1 Free Action when an enemy mage targets you and you declare Spell Defense, then use your two Simple Actions for Reckless Spellcasting and dropping Prone afterwards? Or drop prone before your turn to avoid Suppressive Fire, then Call A Shot and Fire during your turn?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #253 on: <08-08-13/0739:41> »
During your turn, can you use Simple Actions to perform Free Actions?

For example, can you use up your 1 Free Action when an enemy mage targets you and you declare Spell Defense, then use your two Simple Actions for Reckless Spellcasting and dropping Prone afterwards? Or drop prone before your turn to avoid Suppressive Fire, then Call A Shot and Fire during your turn?
(not 100% answer to your question but....)
Counterspell can be taken as an interrupt action (p.294)
Drop Prone can be taken as an interrupt action (Hit the Dirt p.168)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #254 on: <08-08-13/0742:35> »
I am aware, I know you can sacrifice 5 Initiative if you do not have a Free Action available. The question is whether, during and only during your own turn, you can trade in a Simple Action to perform a Free Action during your turn. These are simply two examples where you might want to do that.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!