NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #180 on: <07-28-13/0055:10> »
Sure, the force of the punch is there, but given the insulation in place so that the gloves don't shock the hell out of YOU, it's not gonna do a great job of transferring to the opponent.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

The Madadh

• Newb
« Reply #181 on: <07-28-13/0927:11> »
Can the benefits of Image Magnification be explicitly explained? In the gear section it refers you (incorrectly) to pg 177 (should be 178), wherein the description of using Image Magnification refers you to the gear section. Am I just missing it?

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #182 on: <07-28-13/0956:16> »
Can the benefits of Image Magnification be explicitly explained? In the gear section it refers you (incorrectly) to pg 177 (should be 178), wherein the description of using Image Magnification refers you to the gear section. Am I just missing it?

It reduces the range conditions by one category, as stated in the environmental compensation table p. 175
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #183 on: <07-28-13/1021:47> »

It reduces the range conditions by one category, as stated in the environmental compensation table p. 175
(and cost you a simple Take Aim action as per p.166 and the example on p.176).

lonewolf1210

• Newb
« Reply #184 on: <07-29-13/0855:44> »
Since cultivated bioware must be made for each recipient specifically, you cannot buy "used" cutlivated bioware.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #185 on: <07-30-13/0708:25> »
With Cyberlimbs, does your Augmented Maximum limit their effectiveness in play? E.g., if you have 5 natural Strength and a Cyberlimb with 11 Strength, do you use 11 or 5+4=9, meaning you won't unlock their full potential until you raise your natural Strength to 7?

Edit: When a gas is both Inhalation and Contact (e.g. Pepper Punch), what protection, if any, does a Gas Mask provide if you only have a Gas Mask? Does it provide Immunity, reduce the effect or not help at all? And what happens if you combine a Gas Mask with Chemical Protection against such a gas?
« Last Edit: <07-30-13/0805:43> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #186 on: <07-30-13/0746:09> »
As I understand it if you are playing missions this is fine, it doesn't say this is errata...
The Missions FAQ is trying to get the most important errata in there before the errata themselves are released. Developers have stated several times that only the lifestyle increases of +100% and +20% are meant to be the case. It's not in the rules yet, but it has been stated that it should have been and likely it will be.

quindraco

• Newb
« Reply #187 on: <07-30-13/0959:04> »
Page 310:  Kinesics adds +1 to resist assensing and truthfulness tests.  Assensing has no listed resist, and I don't know what a truthfulness test is - the power ALSO applies to resisting Judge Intent, separately, so that can't be it.  How do these two aspects of Kinesics come up in practice?

The Madadh

• Newb
« Reply #188 on: <07-30-13/1333:35> »

There it is. Thanks.

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #189 on: <07-31-13/0006:29> »
Unconsciousness: When all of the available boxes in a track (Physical or Stun) are filled in, the character immediately falls unconscious and drops to the ground. If the Stun track is filled in, the character is merely knocked out. If the Physical track is filled in, however, the character is near death and will die unless stabilized.

There is no explicit reference to this in the Combat or Damage sections, but several implied references, SR5 100,137, 460, etc., as well as the Quick-Start Rules 12 (quoted above).
P A L L A D I O N

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #190 on: <07-31-13/0650:00> »
Adepts can take a Power Point as metamagic-replacement at Initiation, and can take Qi Foci. Can Mystic Adepts?

lightknight

• Newb
« Reply #191 on: <07-31-13/0946:38> »
My friend is converting a rigger from 4E to 5E and for autosofts, it says "A drone has a number of slots to use for autosofts and cyberprograms equal to half its Device Rating, rounded up." The only area that is listed that has a drone device rating is on p.421 that lists drones as rating 2.

Is there any other page that includes this information or are all drones just...average?

pg. 269 "The Device Rating of a drone is the same as its Pilot
Rating, meaning all of its Matrix attributes are equal to
the Pilot Rating."

Wouldn't it have been nifty if they had given us a way to increase pilot ratings in the main book.  As is, I hope your rigger friend likes the many weak drone army method of rigging, or has the ability to resist a lot of biofeedback when all the drones get blowed up real good with him rigging.  My latest SR char is a rigger and I consider my 4E character unconvertible to 5e as it stands.  I could do it, but it wouldn't be the same char in personality, equipment, etc.  I've progressed through the stages anger, sadness, acceptance.

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #192 on: <07-31-13/1011:52> »
Wouldn't it have been nifty if they had given us a way to increase pilot ratings in the main book.  As is, I hope your rigger friend likes the many weak drone army method of rigging, or has the ability to resist a lot of biofeedback when all the drones get blowed up real good with him rigging.  My latest SR char is a rigger and I consider my 4E character unconvertible to 5e as it stands.  I could do it, but it wouldn't be the same char in personality, equipment, etc.  I've progressed through the stages anger, sadness, acceptance.

So that means that you are on the 'Waiting for Rigger book to come out' stage?
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #193 on: <07-31-13/1409:51> »
Availability rules:

Is it really intended, that you have to seriously invest into bonus-dice for your fixer, when trying to get new gear?
The example fixer has a Dicepool of 14 for Negotiation, which means, that he can't even reliably get a 6R item, not even speaking of 12R, what you can start with.

Does every character now need a fixer that is an elven social adept with maximized skill, improved ability (negotiation) to even have the chance for some of those nice 18R+ stuff?

To explain: Availability tests are success tests with the availability as threshold and not extended, like in 4E.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #194 on: <07-31-13/1414:38> »
Availability rules:

Is it really intended, that you have to seriously invest into bonus-dice for your fixer, when trying to get new gear?
The example fixer has a Dicepool of 14 for Negotiation, which means, that he can't even reliably get a 6R item, not even speaking of 12R, what you can start with.

Does every character now need a fixer that is an elven social adept with maximized skill, improved ability (negotiation) to even have the chance for some of those nice 18R+ stuff?

To explain: Availability tests are success tests with the availability as threshold and not extended, like in 4E.

As an opposed roll availability tests have no threshold. 14 dice will reliably beat 6 dice in an opposed test.