NEWS

Bulls-Eye Double Tap question

• 7 Replies

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« on: <05-15-14/1038:06> »
I figure there's enough APDS flying around Missions that getting a ruling on this would be a good idea.

What base AP are we talking about?  The starting weapon + ammo value?  For example, I'm firing my EBR in BF using APDS, which typically has a -7 AP value.  Should I be using this as the base?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <05-15-14/1340:33> »
Sorry, not running on enough sleep today.  I'm not entirely sure what you're asking?  Cite me rules and pages you';re looking for clarification on?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-14/1347:19> »
Page 116 of Run & Gun, it's one of the ammo-specific called shots.

The text of the rules mentions "base AP," but it's not clear to me exactly what goes into base AP (weapon, ammo, weapon + ammo).
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <05-15-14/1738:29> »
Ahh.  Yeah, not sure yet, to be honest.  I haven't had the time to really go over Run & Gun, to be honest.  I'm still is serious "catch-up" mode, since I was largely MIA for several months due to health issues.  And Run & Gun is low on my priorities list, since it's not Missions Legal until Physical Street Date +30 Days.  If I get the chance, I'll take a peek in the next day or two though.

My gut reaction?  WHatever provides the lowest overall -AP.  But that's because I'm a bastard GM who likes to stick kit to his players ;)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <05-15-14/1744:40> »
I got a bigger problem with Double-Tap: It doesn't mention sacrificing the wide burst defense penalty. ^_^' Or being clear on whether the bonus being x3 max includes or excludes the base x1.

But yeah, weapon's base AP sounds fair. Still makes it a miracle thing against MilSpec and Spirits, and makes the Barrett 121 divine. SA Burst would be -22 AP with it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

skulldixon

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <01-25-16/1020:27> »
Its pretty broken at the -4 modifier. Increasing the penalty to use would go leaps and bounds to make this more balance game wise. (I mean thats a neat/difficult trick shot)

I would say that the defender doesn't get the -3 bust penalty, since that penalty seems designed to account for the number of bullets flying towards you , whereas BE-DT is lining them up.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
Text and thought

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #6 on: <01-25-16/1506:36> »
Generally, I calculate this as the (Base Weapon AP X3) + 4 (APDS AP)

I don't apply the penalty because there is no spread of bullets - only 1 line.

I also tend to allow this with the Depleted Uranium bullets, as that makes sense. Not RAW, but from the description of APDS and Depleted Uranium, it is reasonable.

OTOH, the opposition can use it in the same way.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #7 on: <01-29-16/0236:53> »
...yeah, if you don't have a mage or adept with a weapon focus on the team, having someone with a Barrett is just as good when a spirit shows up (provided of course he or she is not the one jumped by said spirit and has time to take aim)
Forsaken daughter is watching you