NEWS

Tir Tairngire and Tír na nÓg

• 10 Replies

Manchine

• Newb
« on: <03-14-13/0039:25> »
Now I haven't played since second editions.  Has there been any new information on these two places?  Tir Tairngire had a rumor back in the day that there was a dragon in one of the mountains.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-13/0507:28> »
There's the Tir Tairngir and Tir Nan Og sourcebooks from a previous edition. And the dragon in Tir Tairngir was no rumor. That's the Great Dragon Hestaby, who (until recently) was sitting on the Council of Princes. For more recent info, you can find bits peppered throughout the different books, but the only ones that deal heavily with the Tir recently would be Land of Promise and Elven Fire, though Storm Front has some info on the recent elections. For the other Tir? Other than Sixth World Almanac, there really isn't anything out there.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-14-13/1028:33> »
Actually, there's been a bit on the Tir. Elven Blood, for instance, and a nice lil' update on things thanks to Rusty "I love Elves more than Wak does"" Zimmerman, as teh Land of Promise. Dirty Tricks has soem, as does Storm Front ... we keep an eye on 'em. :)

Manchine

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-14-13/1149:02> »
I have the 2 Tir older books.  Thats where I was getting the Info from.

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-14-13/1259:23> »
I have the 2 Tir older books.  Thats where I was getting the Info from.

Then Shadows of Europe and Shadows of North America give you the SR3 update, whereas Sixth World Almanac and Land Of Promise plus the other stuff Wak mentioned should do the trick for SR4A...
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #5 on: <03-30-13/2342:24> »
I had the mistaken impression that a third elvish nation had been whipped up back in 2nd Edition and it was either in South America or Africa. :-\
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #6 on: <03-31-13/0057:16> »
I had the mistaken impression that a third elvish nation had been whipped up back in 2nd Edition and it was either in South America or Africa. :-\

Actually, from memory, there are a few other Evan nations.  Pompery or something in north Europe, and an elvan nation somewhere in Zulu itory in south Africa.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #7 on: <03-31-13/1803:04> »
There is the Manitou territory in the AMC, the Zulu Nation in the Azanian Confederation, Pomeria(sp?) in Europe, and Snowdonia in England. Well, the last isn't a nation, per se, but it is an effectively autonomous region run by elves, IIRC.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <03-31-13/1929:24> »
The Manitou elven tribe rejected the authority of Saskatoon government in 2062 after military troops supported by ACS units raided a suspected eco-terrorist hideout and "accidentally" killed several tribal leaders. The secession was defeated in 2065, according to Sixth World Almanac. Considering the largest cities in Manitou territory were Churchill and Lynn Lake (both are under 1,000 nowadays), the government and Aztechnology troops might be more numerous than actual elves.

From a demographic and political point of view, the Sinsearach tribe in Salish-Shidhe is a far more proeminent elven community. The Salish-Shidhe Council leaves a lot of power to tribal authorities. However, since the Sinsearach are the elves who did not join Tir Tairngire, they're probably a lot less into the elven culture, especially since the most adamant about it would simply cross the border to move into the "Land of Promises."

Though Wales has a significant elven population (22%), Snowdonia never was described as a specifically elven region. The duchess of Snowdonia happens to be an elf, and her personal guard mixes humans and elves, but that's about it.
There is the Gwynedd enclave, also in Wales, where elven eco-communities settled and co-exist with local population without mingling too much (but it would be difficult to say if it's because the elves want to be on their own or if they simply cannot speak Welsh). The elf did have a licensed militia patrolling their lands, but the key word here is "licensed".

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-12-13/0513:52> »
Pomeria(sp?) in Europe

The Elven Duchy of Pomorya!
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #10 on: <04-12-13/1743:11> »
Pomeria(sp?) in Europe
The Elven Duchy of Pomorya!
... where live a big bunch of bloody Pomeranians ... ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.