NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

• 187 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <05-02-17/2222:26> »
@ NaNele  >>Hey, how you be? Work is good, yes? I have place, pretty quiet, pretty nice. 10k a night. You need better? I got better. I fix everything. Chauffeured ride. Nice new clothes. I got everything you need. I give you good price. <<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <05-03-17/0739:22> »
@ Jean-Jacques >>I can't really complain, except that it's frakkin' cold out here.  I'll propose this to the group and I'll get back to you.  They first have to get to New York or close to it, so we still have some time.  I don't think it has to be all that luxurious, just basic amenities and a clean vehicle to get around in. <<

@Lena: I've found something in the vicinity of New York.  Don't know the address yet, but it's 10K a night.  That might be quite a lot, so I'll keep looking.  Do you know how long they want to stay there?

When she thought about it, there was actually quite a lot she didn't know yet.  Normally the route was set in advance, but here it seemed that a lot was still quite 'flou'.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #92 on: <05-03-17/1717:26> »
@Nanele 10k is alright as a ballpark providing that's big enough for 6, need more deets before we seal the deal though. Ideally need it on the beach or near it (private jetty would be ideal) somewhere close-ish to the shipping routes into the harbour. Vehicle is a one-use only to get into the city. That's as far as we need to go, Job's done at that point. Basic food/drink/bed/bath should do it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <05-03-17/1733:45> »
Jed glanced between Arc and Blackbird to see if there was a joke he was missing.  He had been to caught up in his thoughts to follow the conversation.  By Arc's response, he could see there wasn't a joke, but he wasn't about to weigh in on that discussion.  Nodding at Marco in response to the request to scout the airport, Jed went and emptied his bladder in preparation for the astral scout.  If these priests were there that Marco had previously described, he would need caution.  Mar...Blackbird, can the mental communication spell work for us to communicate while I am astral?  I don't think we've tried that before....

Marco said "I do not see why it should not work, I mean I know that such effect is possible because I am mentally linked to my spirits which spend most of their times in the astral. I assume that my spells work similarly but we will not know unless we try."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <05-04-17/1201:21> »
@Lena: I'll get more information and if it's okay, I'll tentatively accept until we get the group together and can get final confirmation.

Then she send a message back to Jean-Jacques:
it sounds fine, provided it's big enough for 6.  We only need basic food/drink/bed/bath.  Ideally it's close to the beach with a private jetty (close to the beach is more important than the jetty of course) and close to the shipping routes to the harbour.  The vehicle is one use to get into the city.  Final confirmation will come later.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #95 on: <05-04-17/1534:38> »
@ NaNele  >>I copy dat. I fix good. Bargain price. Seaside kinda place. No problem<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <05-07-17/1254:14> »
For Arc the time was all too short before Yelena came into the bunk room to wake her.  "Srui.  Is time to go.  Dress in suit for cold water."

Yelena makes a last visit to the bathroom then climbs into a wet suit for the trip back.  She makes sure that the hermetic seals on her weapons case are good then announces that she is ready to go.  She helps Arc and Jedediah get into there suits.  As she sips the man in, she leans in close and whispers to him. "PI man alright?  Jedediah know Yelena help if need, right?  Can come with you for moral support if want."

As people finish getting ready, Yelena nods to Blackbird, who takes the lead and leaves first, followed by Jed then Arc and Yelena.  Soon enough, all are back at the edge of the lake and removing the outer layer of wet suits and making ready to go to the restaurant.  Yelena sends a message off while waiting for everyone to indicate they are ready.  >>Sam [Yelena]:  Jedediah plans to go see woman in picture.  Does Sam know anything the PI man should know about woman.  Maybe why picture was in Nicolai safe house?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <05-07-17/1301:13> »
@ NaNele  >>I copy dat. I fix good. Bargain price. Seaside kinda place. No problem<<

Sounds good.  I'll confirm as soon as I can and I'll get back to you at the same time about the timing involved.

She was almost where she had to be and she'd better be ready for anything.  This was of course impossible, but she did become more alert, checking her surroundings to make sure she could make a quick getaway if needed.

Soon they arrived at the restaurant, a dark blue (the driver called it Monaco blue) BMW X89 stretch with an extra row of seats in the back, as they would have to transport 6 people and the driver, plus all the gear.  The driver parked the car on the parking on the side of the building, so they weren't visible from the road.  Na'Nele got out and looked around.  They were a bit early, but you could never know.

She also send a message to Lena telling she had arrived with the car at the restaurant.
« Last Edit: <05-07-17/1442:27> by farothel »

Qwikfix

« Reply #98 on: <05-07-17/1321:57> »
Arc was already awake when Yelena entered, having gotten the three hours of sleep she required.  Instead, she was eating away at another ration pack when the elf came in.  Nodding, she silently gathered her things, packing in the rest as she geared up.  Slipping on the wetsuit, she grimaced at the snug confines of the material, shouldering her pack after sealing it in a watertight bag and making the swim.

She was uncharacteristically silent as they regathered themselves, hastily putting on her coat as the chill of the air hit her skin.  "Hnn..drek all.." she muttered as everyone got ready.  Taking up the rear of the procession, she went with the group, her eyes drinking in the sights of the town as they went to the rendezvous point.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <05-07-17/1513:13> »
The safe house had been warm and the water had been cold, but they were prepared for that in their wetsuits.  Little could be done to have them ready for the bitter cold of the early morning.  Still, every movement was one step closer to getting each of them onto the next phase of their lives.  The four changed as quickly as possible, putting on some of the warm clothes taken from the safe house then began walking to the rendezvous spot, apparently the fancy restaurant that Blackbird had been raving about.  The group pauses a couple of blocks away from the eatery so that Arc can send her eyes out to look around the area.  Jedediah's contact had told them to look for a BMW limo and sure enough, there was one parked off to the side of the building, as if waiting to pick up some well-heeled customer inside for breakfast. or an early lunch.  Arc shares the feeds with the others and Yelena nods as she watches, asking Arc to send them to look at several places where she would hide if this was a set up to have them killed. 

Arc complies but there is nothing in any of the sites Yelena has suggested that would indicate that this is a trap.  A dark-skinned female Orc is standing outside the car, her breath misting slightly as she waits.  The drones show that there is a man inside the car on the driver's side.  Yelena tells the others to move a bit closer and she will make contact with the car and its occupants.  She is armed with the contact code and password from Jedediah and moves forward, asking Arc to keep one of the eyes on the woman and another flitting about the various potential ambush sites. 

Yelena is dressed in the jeans and shirt they found in the safe house that most closely fits her and wearing one of the coats that they had found.  Everything says that she is one of the locals except her snowy white hair and the fact that she is an Elf, which although not common is not enough to make her stand out as a foreigner.  She is carrying her weapons case but her silenced Predator is under the coat where she can get to it easily.  Approaching the woman, Yelena notes the professional stance of the other and smiles to herself when she is given a professional once over as she walks up.  At least they did not send an amateur.  Yelena stops a few feet away from the car and pulls a silver cigarette case from a pocket of her coat and removes one of her thin cigars.  Looking at the other woman, she motions with the cigar and asks for a light, adding in the first part of the coded password, speaking in Russian.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <05-07-17/1606:37> »
Na'nele was looking around when someone approached her.  She expected more people, but this was always the tricky part and she couldn't blame the group for sending one ahead to scout.  Of course, it could also be a local, as she was dressed as one.  But something in her step made Na'Nele think she wasn't a local.  First of all, she shifted her vision to the astral.  There were very few magically active people in this part of Poland, so if she was, it would be a big clue.

It was quickly clear that she wasn't awakened, but she did have quite a lot of cyberwear all over her body.  Also Na'Nele could see some substance abuse in her aura and it was clear that she was a bit nervous, but also quite alert.  This was no local, that much was clear.

The woman stopped a bit away from the car and took out a cigarette before asking something in a language Na'Nele didn't understand.  Probably she asked for a light.
"I'm sorry, I don't smoke," Na'Nele said in English.  She also made sure she was standing behind the armoured door of the car, just in case.

[spoiler]
assensing roll:
assensing: 6d6t5 3
[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #101 on: <05-07-17/1619:32> »
It wasn't long before Lena had the kit in the van and a route planned for picking up a second-hand RIB boat, heading via the Dom Polski. If Nanele's guys were good, this should be a relatively straight-forward job.
She'd packed plenty of outdoors kit, but gone light on weapons, just the revolver in the smuggling compartment as the big guns would take far more creative license than she wanted to risk for this kind of work.
She swung by the liquor store on the way out of town and loaded up with russian vodka, cigs, tobacco pouches, beers and plenty of snacks plus a couple of pre-loaded trid chips and stashed it all in the back of the van.
Hitting the motorway, she opened the throttle before slaving over to gridguide and pinged a message over to the user on the for-sale board. Hi, I'm interested in that RIB+ trailer you've got up for sale. I'll swing by and have a look this afternoon
[spoiler]
haggling roll:
haggling for price on the RIB boat + trailer (inc gear, adept and quality bonuses): 15d6t5 5 [/spoiler]

Sounds good.  I'll confirm as soon as I can and I'll get back to you at the same time about the timing involved.

Ok, sounds good. See you shortly, on my way now.
« Last Edit: <05-07-17/1621:39> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <05-07-17/1635:59> »
yelena puts her case on the ground at her feet and fishes a lighter from another of the coat's pockets, replying in her style of broken English.  "Is Ok.  I find one." She lights her cigar and the acrid odor of the smoke wafts over to the Ork.  Yelena smiles at the other woman, appreciating her caution in using the open door of the car for a degree of protection, and gives her part of the code phrase. "Weather is warm here for season.  Wonder if is same on ocean."  She knows that Arc has an eye on her and is picking up the conversation on her feeds. 

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <05-07-17/2139:59> »
The RIB had been in better condition than Lena had expected and the young man who'd sold it to her had come down on the price. He'd also tried to chat her up and she'd had to admit he'd been good-looking.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <05-07-17/2142:40> »
@ Yelena  Sam replied, >>No idea why that pic would be there. I'll have Shadowdancer do some digging. But, do you know if Marco is planning to go after his old mentor. He leaves in less than two hours and you haven't given yourselves much of a window to get to his private airstrip.<<