NEWS

Best pistol in the game?

• 220 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #30 on: <10-19-11/0112:58> »
The fact that so many security guards have had Predators pulled on them for over 20-years that they're starting to get immune to the intimidation value of them?
The Predator has a built-in feature for dealing with that problem - the trigger. :)
+1 for making me snort in laughter at work.

Another +1 for same, but also with coffee involved.

For sheer punch, I usually suggest anything that begins with "Predator" in front of it. Although, other very good choices would be the Colt Manhunter and the Browning Ultra-Power. They may not have smartlink, but for those who many not have the necessary 'ware, both are what I call "good right out of the box" weapons. Government 2066 looks interesting, but I've never used it in game and not sure how I feel about electronic triggers yet. Call me a purist.

Also, on a side note, if you are playing a gunslinger/quickdraw type, I would recommend the Ultra-Power. Yeah, ammo is low but if you are gonna need to draw something quick, and in a world where fractions of a second count, getting it cleared from your holster because you dont have to pull it so damn far can be that very slight but precious edge. I know there is nothing for this in RAW, but Im one who likes to put some style and thought into such things for my own amusement. My usual in-character pistol carry is one Ultra for "quickdraw" and casual carry with a Predator for the normal on the job work.

Although, I am becoming partial to the Colt 1991 for those situations where something "low tech" may be needed.
« Last Edit: <10-19-11/0116:00> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #31 on: <10-19-11/0451:18> »
You know, if you're going for something to grip in one hand and hammer out gunfire while you're piloting your motorcycle, you might consider any number of SMGs instead.  HK 227-X is a classic look in that case...

This.

Or, if you're a troll, you can use an assault rifle in one hand.

For non-trolls, the best you're going to do is either a supermach 100 from Arsenal, loaded with SnS, or the M-4A1 Carbine from Gun Heaven with its base 6P damage and 30 round clip.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #32 on: <10-19-11/0502:42> »
I wouldn't let a Great Dragon fire a high-velocity weapon with only one hand ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #33 on: <10-19-11/0644:49> »
I wouldn't let a Great Dragon fire a high-velocity weapon with only one hand ...

I don't think dragons need permission to do anything  ;)
But why not? Weapons mounted on drones don't suffer recoil penalties (that is maybe silly but that is RAW) so why shouldn't at being bigger and stronger than a fighter plane be able to fire a rifle with only one hand?

Regards
Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #34 on: <10-19-11/0932:12> »
Please note the poll.  :P
Current campaign WIP.

squee_nabob

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <10-19-11/0932:21> »
If you are looking for the biggest, baddest onehander, have you considered an SMG?

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #36 on: <10-19-11/0944:26> »
Should I add that to the poll?
Current campaign WIP.

squee_nabob

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <10-19-11/0948:19> »
Only if you want to. I agree with UmaroVI if you only mean Pistols. If you consider small automatics to be viable answers, then the list of correct answers widens. You still haven't answered what you mean by best though, there are different guns that are good at different things. If you plan to SnS spam you want an Ingram supermach 100 but if you plan to open vehicles you may want a different weapon. For concealability the Ares Executive Protector is very nice.

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #38 on: <10-19-11/0959:22> »
I'm basically just looking for most damage, plain and simple. Of course a lot of ammo would be nice, but my priority is damage. Something that can shoot through a car, or two people at once, is a necessity. Not looking for concealability, stealth, or even a smart system necessarily, but it would have its advantages.

So, in order of priority, I need:
1) DAMAGE
2) MORE DAMAGE
3) ammo
4) maybe a smartlink system

This could be a pistol or a one-handed auto. I'm actually looking to put skill points in automatics rather than pistols, that way I can use a bigger automatic when not on my bike.

Just vote at this point, unless you have something crucial to say; I want everyone to see this post to know my criteria. PM me recommendations for poll edits.
Current campaign WIP.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #39 on: <10-19-11/1011:42> »
I'm not sure why you'd need a poll, the stats are right in the book for you to compare. Same as for your armor question earlier.

-k

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #40 on: <10-19-11/1015:32> »
I just wasn't sure if there were guns in other books that I didn't have... But okay. Nevermind guys.
Current campaign WIP.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <10-19-11/1022:17> »
Gun Books:

SR4A
Arsenal
WAR!
MilSpecTech

With 90% of the guns being in SR4A and Arsenal.

-k

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #42 on: <10-19-11/1023:25> »
I only have the 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook. Is that the same thing as SR4A?
Current campaign WIP.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <10-19-11/1033:03> »
Yah.

If you only can get one, probably you'd want Arsenal. And hey, DriveThruRPG is having a sale on the PDF.

The other books only have a handful of weapons.

-k

Argent

• Chummer
  • Doh! Wrong ammo clip!
« Reply #44 on: <10-19-11/1057:35> »
From what you have in the poll, SMGs are probably going to be what you like since you're asking for damage.

If you're sticking with pistols, I'm a big fan of the burst firing pistols. More concealable and can unload a lot of lead quickly. Two that I use quite a bit are the Yamaha Sakura Fubuki and the Ceska Black Scorpion. And with the mods you can put in place thanks to Arsenal, there is a lot of versatility there.

And of course, as everyone else has mentioned, it really is hard to go wrong with the Predator IV. Cheap, effective, and powerful.
« Last Edit: <10-19-11/1213:21> by Argent »
Running the shadows since 1989.