NEWS

Assault Cannon Recoil

• 154 Replies

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <08-07-11/1909:37> »
I read that all heavy weapons suffer double uncompensated recoil. However, I can't find any details on recoil for SS or SA weapons. The Panther assault cannon says it has "tremendous" recoil. How can I find out the recoil for assault cannons that fire in these modes?
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-07-11/1924:00> »
"Tremendous" means "Comically low." They work just like any other SS or SA weapons; no recoil on the first shot, -1 on the second shot.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #2 on: <08-07-11/1927:19> »
...but, seeing as they're Single Shot (SS) weapons, there is no second shot in the phase, as such there are no penalties.

Just for reference, the recoil issue on Assault Cannons is a fluff description. It has no bearing in game unless you modify the Firing selection (via Arsenal mods) to SA, BF or FA. Until then, it's a moot point.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Crazy Ivan

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <08-07-11/1935:43> »
There is a -1 recoil penalty to your second shot on SA weapons. In the case of the assailt cannons on SA, it is doubled if it is uncompensated, as with all heavy weapons. In the case of SS weapons, there is no recoil mod since it can't fire a second time. Where the Panther is concerned (I think that's the cannon that is SS, but they mention recoil), I assume the manufacturers made it single shot for safety reasons and to allow the weapon to cool/relax/line up the next shot.

In Arsenal, there are rules for extra recoil from heavy weapons. Honestly, I would apply those ones to the Assault cannons, but that is just me. I'm an oddball like that. IIRC, the recoil is translated to 1/2 of the weapons power in stun damage.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-08-11/0123:59> »
Well that was the most misleading text ever lol. Thanks guys :)
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <08-08-11/1010:10> »
I think it's mostly there to remind people that this IS A FRAGGIN' CANNON!

Strength 1, Body 1 characters will fire it off, and be found embedded into the wall behind them afterwards.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <08-08-11/1013:17> »
Strength 1, Body 1 characters will fire it off, and be found embedded into the wall behind them afterwards.  :P

Noisy Cricket anyone?
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <08-08-11/1016:18> »
You got it.  And Jay was not a small man, either.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #8 on: <08-08-11/1223:49> »
This is another case of Copy Pasta from SR3 . .
In SR3, if you lacked enough Strength/Body/Recoil-Compensation, you got 9 light stun, which you resisted as if somebody with STR9 had punched you.
Meaning using body only after substracting impact armor from the 9.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #9 on: <08-09-11/1221:19> »
So, is there anything in RAW about a SS Panther Assault Cannon having anything for recoil? What is to keep a stickly elf from picking up the cannon, and firing off a shot? Other than common sense, and the actual weight of the gun.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-09-11/1233:25> »
The owner of the gun having a differing opinion to said elf?

In other words, nothing stops them at all.

Even a pixie could fire it off, unless I missing some pixie rule.

*contemplates Pixie with BF modified PAC, with custom grip, electronic firing, and gas vent.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #11 on: <08-09-11/1314:32> »
As per the RULES?
Totally Viable . .
Silly. But nowhere nearly as awesome as a Troll firing TWO PAC's with one in each hand . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #12 on: <08-09-11/1338:28> »
on a barely related note, anyone else notice that from Street Sam Catalog to current rules, the PAC has lost 7 rounds of ammo per clip and  gained RFID? remember tags within explosives have a minor percentage chance of survival (among thousands of non-RFID microtags, proven by current RL C4)
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <08-09-11/1642:11> »
As per the RULES?
Totally Viable . .
Silly. But nowhere nearly as awesome as a Troll firing TWO PAC's with one in each hand . .
How about having a Panther Assault Cannon with an Underbelly Panther Assault Cannon, and you have the world's most dangerous Over-Under "Shotgun"?

Perfect for the Redneck Troll from the CAS!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #14 on: <08-09-11/1705:47> »
As per the RULES?
Totally Viable . .
How about having a Panther Assault Cannon with an Underbelly Panther Assault Cannon, and you have the world's most dangerous Over-Under "Shotgun"?

Perfect for the Redneck Troll from the CAS!

Hacker: What.... The hell... Is that?

Redneck Troll: I's mah shotgun. Good fer varmint huntin'.

Hacker: What the hell kind of varmints need that much firepower?

Redneck Troll: Elefunt migh' 'scape from da' zoo unce ina while....
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."