NEWS

Melee Weapon Modifications

• 84 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <08-23-11/0024:59> »
I'm currently making a Possession Tradition Mage/Mystic Adept with a geass that their spirits can only possess bladed weapons, i'll post it if/when i'm done

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #76 on: <08-23-11/1054:47> »
Personally, I like using dual maces (actually morningstars, but they were dropped from 4e for some reason, I just copied the stats of the maces), and I have them set up with customized grips (+1 attack pool), smartgun/skinlink, and gecko grips activated via skinlink. That way I can smash everything in sight and not have to worry about dropping one due to a glitch or something equally unfortunate. 3 IP's means I can hit 6 targets per round. WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM!  :)

Smartgun?  ???

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <08-23-11/1223:53> »
Smartgun?  ???
-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

See here for hen i asked that too http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=4581.msg68082#msg68082

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #78 on: <08-23-11/1354:25> »
Smartgun?  ???
-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

See here for hen i asked that too http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=4581.msg68082#msg68082

Wouldn't that simply be a Skinlink?

50¥ vs (2 x Weapon Cost)?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #79 on: <08-23-11/1447:22> »
So I been reading this thread (WITH MY EYES) and one of the things in front reminded me of something. The shotgun/spear thing from page 1 and 2ish.
For fishing, mainly shark hunting, or just shark defense, they have a pole, with an encased shotgun shell at the tip, an a point on it also. Jabbing something makes the encased mechanism for the shell go boom, and tear up whatever you stabbed with the tip. Reloading wiould be annoying in a fight, but it could give you an edge other than your spear tip.
Peace is a lie.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <08-23-11/1504:11> »
Smartgun?  ???
-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

Wouldn't that simply be a Skinlink?

50¥ vs (2 x Weapon Cost)?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Yeah, I thought that might be an option, but reading the descriptions made it sound like a smart-enabled melee weapon would require a smartgun system (blah blah melee weapon not a gun, use the term you want), and that the skinlink was simply a 50 nuyen accessory to increase security by allowing a direct interface. The description of the gecko grip specifically mentions the smartgun modification, and I figured that the additional cost of the full smartgun system wasn't that big of a deal, especially on a 120 nuyen mace  :)

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #81 on: <08-23-11/1618:05> »

A Skinlink is basically a non-wireless user interface...without wires.  ;D

Just my approach, but I'd slave your mace to your PAN hub, and use Skinlink to control the Gecko Grip.

On a weapon, you could use the Smartgun system to control it, because that's the main processor for that device. I guess you could install a Smartgun system on a melee weapon (you can rigger's tape anything to about anything, if you're motivated enough  :P) but using it just to control the Gecko Grip seems like overkill...though I suppose you could use the Gun Cam to record some very entertaining footage for your Macebook page.  :o

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

Crash_00

« Reply #82 on: <08-23-11/1643:37> »
Well the issue is that Gecko Grip (the modification) specifically says its controlled wirelessly only with smartguns (everything else uses two buttons).

As a GM I'd say just attache it to your PAN and have it work wirelessly fine, but its just another little bug in the books.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #83 on: <08-23-11/2040:40> »
I was also thinking of adding an Advanced Safety System to the mace, along with the explosive self-destruct feature.. pretty funny when someone picks it up, the safety doesn't recognize the user so the wireless smartgun link remains mine, and I arm the self-destruct feature and blow their arm to bits  :)  heck, I could even activate the gecko grip so they couldn't drop it.

"I told you not to mess with my stuff..."

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <08-26-11/0901:40> »

you could use the Gun Cam to record some very entertaining footage for your Macebook page.  :o

That is the best idea I've heard yet..

"I'm going to beat you to within an inch of your life, and while you're recovering in the hospital I'm going to send you a mix tape"

Macebook page, hee hee