NEWS

Fake SINs and names

• 107 Replies

The Cat

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-14-10/0448:54> »
I've always allowed for a few factors in Fake SINs.  If they had the time, money and will to either have it made, loads of time to look through the selection (basically window shopping a SIN), or make a "something like this" request they can pretty much get whatever they're after.  If they're in a bit of a hurry or skimping on cash I grab the nearest phone book and randomly select,  If they have nearly zero spare time and are taking whatever they can afford, I come up with some insane name usually blending the most outlandish names I've heard on TV recently (Well, Mr. Kanye Swift, it seems you have no warrants for your arrest....).

One thing my group strives for is that all their fake SINs have the same initials and they prefer that they all have the same fake first name (oft times their character's real first name).  Nothing blows a cover faster than answering to "Hey, Frank!" when you've just announced you name is Morty or checking into a hotel where your target is staying and you luggage monogram is wrong.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #16 on: <09-14-10/0537:55> »
The rating of a Fake SIN doesn't really reflect on the name given because, regardless of the level, if someone checks and finds out your SIN is fake, then it's not a Fake SIN anymore, it's a burned Fake SIN.

Anyway, it's not a matter of "Street trash have rating 1 Fake SINs" so much as "no one has a rating 1 Fake SIN because it spontaneously combusts the first time anyone lays eyes on it."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <09-14-10/0909:43> »
The rating of a Fake SIN doesn't really reflect on the name given because, regardless of the level, if someone checks and finds out your SIN is fake, then it's not a Fake SIN anymore, it's a burned Fake SIN.
Unless you're a Face and bluff your way out ;)

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-14-10/1808:52> »
Ed Greenwood = Pervert Santa. He grabbed Salvatore's ass. He's my hero.

Now Salvatore's <i>sons...</i> :3 *cough*

I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near naming things ever. They'll walk away with the weirdest ass names ever. Just take the real life stuff I've named: My goldfish is the only one with a somewhat normal name (Salem), my cat's Galahad, the bearded dragon's Falthazur, my old Betta was Malice, I used to have a tank full of Neons before I moved all named after the Great Old Ones, my laptop is Gozirra (it's a 17"), the old one was Skankzilla or Skankazoid or something (it was evil), my iPod is Aoide... The closest thing to NORMAL I'd probably use is video game characters (Harry and Heather Mason, Henry Townshend, Walter Sullivan, Claudia Wolf, Dahlia and Alessa Gillespie, Yuri Hyuga, Alice Elliot, Albert Simon...).
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <09-14-10/1852:53> »
See, now I'm perfectly normal. I don't have any pets (apartment living), so I just name my electronics. The PC is Galadriel, the laptop is Arwen, my smartphone is Éowyn, my iPod is Goldberry, various flash drives named Frodo, Bilbo, Samwise. Oh, and my Xbox is 'The Shire'.

What?  8)

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-14-10/1901:42> »
I think if I started going into book characters I'd get hit with one. XD Dad knows firsthand how rabid of a Raistlin Majere fangirl I am. I have borrowed Dalamar and Laurana for names before though.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #21 on: <09-15-10/0545:34> »
Unless you're a Face and bluff your way out ;)
I guess a R1 SIN could also be a vehicle for Edge rolls.  Only thing better than being pretty or lucky is being both. ;)

cyclonus743

• Newb
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
« Reply #22 on: <09-23-10/1500:10> »
I like to use names from this list. http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #23 on: <09-23-10/2249:13> »
Tom Cruise.

Because my character appears to be Tom Cruise.

I've also used John Lynch.

Katerchen

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-25-10/1112:30> »
I like names from old movies, specially if the character has an interest knowledge skill like old movies or movies of the 20th century.

That doesn't mean names like Indiana Jones. More like:

Neil McCauley (movie: Heat)
Vincent Hanna (also Heat)
Michael Faraday (movie: arlington road)
Dean Keaton (movie: The Usual Suspects)
Roger O. Thornhill (movie: North by Northwest)
Versuchen Sie's mal mit Wagner, da klebt mehr Blut dran.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-10-10/0635:49> »
When I first got hold of NSRCG3, I did up a bunch of concept characters.  Here's what I had:

Name                       Callsign        Based on

Fiona Cale                  Britomart     Street mage
Annalise Cash             Muse          Combat decker
Svetlana Kadisheva      Iridium        Covert Ops
Karyn Madine             Strafe         Mercenary
Jennifer Owen/
       Sarah Connor       Fey Fae      Face
Luke Grey Lake          Sunray        Weapons Spec
Dieter Keitel               Samnite      Street Samurai
Joshua Mulcahey         Auric           Mercenary
Alisdair MacGregor       Forge         Tech-Wiz
Jack Grissom              Donner         Vehicle Rigger

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-13-10/1339:02> »
One name, and one name alone is sufficient.........McLovin

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-13-10/1404:29> »
Code's SINs are Vaklav Havlik (one of the weapon demo dudes for Vlad The Impaler on Deadliest Warrior). I intended that to technically be his real name and the fake sin more of a fake American citizenship and all that since he's an illegal. Its not like he ever goes by anything other than Coderizon ANYWAY.

Then there's Kazimir Hyuga (Kazimir is the name of a horse for an art based play-by-post if you will of mine, Hyuga is the last name of the main character in Shadow Hearts)

And Sanem Aylin (Both horses again. XD For HARPG again. I breed Russian horses on there, so why not?)

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #28 on: <10-15-10/0737:21> »
Getting Usda his first "IN GAME" fake SIN. Going to have the name "Armon Hammier"
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <10-15-10/1525:22> »
I make up my own. I try to make them normal names that don't stand out too much, but not so average as to arouse suspicion. This way the name is not very memorable, but is highly believable.