NEWS

Battleshop Voucher: Expiration date?

• 13 Replies

RunnerPaul

• Newb
« on: <10-24-10/1032:56> »
Just received in my email a voucher code from Battlecorps that'd cover the price of a typical low-cost "PDF Only" download, as well an accompanying email explaining that they've been adding a lot of PDF Only product to the store under both the Battletech and Shadowrun lines and wanted me to try one out, on them. (Got three copies of that explanation email, but those send buttons can be so sticky sometimes.)

While I do appreciate getting stuff for free and think this is a great way to promote the lines, unfortunately there's nothing currently in the catalog that tickles my fancy. Will this voucher be good until I cash it in, even if it's months down the line when I do, or is there some kind of time limit on it?

Related to the previous question, what's the pricepoint going to be on the MilSpecTech pdf when it comes out?
First Printing Un-numbered Hardcovers -- 1st & 2nd Editions
186/1000 -- 3rd Edition Limited
820/1000 -- 4th Edition Limted
615/1500 -- 20th Annivesary Edition Limited

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-24-10/1040:19> »
Will this voucher be good until I cash it in, even if it's months down the line when I do, or is there some kind of time limit on it?

So far none of my vouchers have expired, though I couldn't tell you how long I've had 'em.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #2 on: <10-24-10/1703:42> »
I received 3 e-mails none of them had this so called voucher in them.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

RunnerPaul

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-25-10/0530:30> »
There should have been a 4th to go with those other three, Casazil. It was from a different email address. If you have spam filtering, check to see if something from customerservice.catalyst@gmail.com got redirected away from your inbox unintentionally.

lightknight

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-25-10/0837:57> »
I'm with Casazil, I got the three announce emails but not the 4th voucher one, and it did not fall into the junk folder.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <10-25-10/0901:30> »
Okay, I'm feeling a little left out. Was this for BattleCorps members only?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #6 on: <10-25-10/1055:26> »
I'm with Casazil, I got the three announce emails but not the 4th voucher one, and it did not fall into the junk folder.
Same here. Nothing in my spam folder either.

-k

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #7 on: <10-25-10/1504:51> »
http://catalystgamelabs.com/2010/10/25/battleshop-credit-to-online-catalyst-customers/

BattleShop Credit To Online Catalyst Customers

Over the weekend Catalyst Game Labs sent the following email to anyone whose purchased anything through our online shop (battlecorps.com/catalog).

Dear Customer,

Catalyst Game Labs has been hard at work creating numerous new PDFs that explore the Shadowrun and BattleTech universes in new and exciting ways. We’re proud of the new ideas and topics the electronic medium allows us to uncover for the community that might not find a place in a print book.

If you’ve not yet had a chance to check out one of our low-priced PDF-only books for either universe, please take a look “on us.” We’ve recently mailed you a voucher you can use to peruse our PDFs and choose one that’s right for you.

Thanks for your continued support and enthusiasm for the games we all love!

Catalyst Game Labs

A $4.95 voucher was also emailed out over the weekend. Unfortunately it appears that due to a glitch some people never got the email and only the voucher, while others only got the email and no voucher.

First, we hope this announcement helps to clear up the confusion over this voucher (note to Catalyst-self, don’t do this over a weekend in the future).

Second, if you never received your voucher and yet you received an email, feel free to contact customerservice.catalyst@gmail.com so we can get you your credit.

Sorry about the confusion and we hope you enjoy the voucher!

And FJ...  Not Battlecorps members per se, but anyone who's ever bought anything via the CGL Battleshop.  I'm not really certain of the details though, but I'd assume it was based on their customer list.

And hey, $4.95 can get you a Missions adventure ;)

Bull

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <10-25-10/1537:43> »
Hmm... having problems getting to my email from work, but I do know I bought some stuff in the last year. I'll have to check and see what's up.

Edit: And now I know why.  :'(

Turns out, I've had the BattleCorps account so long, the email address for the account was incorrect. It's been defunct for about two years now (what else have I missed in my lack of updating??). So I updated the address and shot an email off to Customer Service to see if I'm not too late.

RunnerPaul

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-25-10/2323:54> »
Now that that's cleared up, any word on what the MilSpecTech pdf will be selling for?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <10-25-10/2326:01> »
Well, got the voucher (and since I already have Mission 10), I picked up Field Report: CCAF for BattleTech.

Of course, then I see JMH's post on Dumpshock about how This Old Drone is almost finished and it should be just about the same cost as the voucher...

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <10-26-10/0036:45> »
We should have a new Mission and This Old Drone out very soon--the voucher will cover either one nicely, I believe.

It's my understanding that these vouchers generally expire a year after their distributed. So there's time for something to come on the market that tickles your various fancies.

I think MilSpecTech will be right around the $5 mark, if I remember correctly.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

RunnerPaul

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <10-27-10/0432:25> »
Thanks again.

RunnerPaul

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <01-25-11/1733:22> »
I think MilSpecTech will be right around the $5 mark, if I remember correctly.

Jason H.

Only 59% over it. But I'm not going to quibble over 3 bucks.