NEWS

[OOC] Virtual Underworld 93 Planning Thread

• 134 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #120 on: <05-31-14/0743:49> »
Even at the best of times, rival gangs aren't at peace, but simply sharing an armistice, one that can broken at any time. Same goes for Matrix gangs. Like Wyrm said, it can start as a hack-battle over designing the theme at Tux's for the night. Tux's is a virtual dance club where the guests rework the theme according to their whims, depending on who can control the host long enough. You have three hacker gangs present at the same time, trying to change the theme all at once, then things may very well get out of hand. Gang wars have started for less, especially when pride is on the line. And gang wars never blow over all at once. Definitely take a couple weeks or months to run through the bad blood, and come to a new status quo (or return to the old one). In the meantime, lot of people gonna get dumpshock, and remember that these hacker gangs often have other gangs they are affiliated with that help provide muscle in meatspace when they need it. If those affiliates happen to be rivals as well (or just plain crazy, like the Halloweeners) then you've got a recipe for a low-level gang war erupting across both Seattle and the Emerald City. Though the syndicates will probably 'encourage' them to settle things before it erupts into anything full-fledged or involving mass civilian casualties. Knight Errant was brought in just four years ago because the Tempo wars blew up big. They'll crack down hard, on everyone, if anything similar looks to be brewing, and the syndicates know it. Police crackdowns are bad for business, afterall.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #121 on: <05-31-14/1812:26> »
Whaddaya mean, dumpshock??  Somebody starts screwing with my favorite 'trix, there's gonna be flatline tones goin' off all over the place.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #122 on: <05-31-14/1912:08> »
Bah! I'll go ahead and screw with it right now!

Let's see... This isn't so hard to screw with! I have no idea what you mean wilnegghlkjgdl;jkf

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:P
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Booze

• Chummer
  • Johny Walker, the street name Booze came by itself
« Reply #123 on: <06-01-14/0212:13> »
Even at the best of times, rival gangs aren't at peace, but simply sharing an armistice, one that can broken at any time. Same goes for Matrix gangs. Like Wyrm said, it can start as a hack-battle over designing the theme at Tux's for the night. Tux's is a virtual dance club where the guests rework the theme according to their whims, depending on who can control the host long enough. You have three hacker gangs present at the same time, trying to change the theme all at once, then things may very well get out of hand. Gang wars have started for less, especially when pride is on the line. And gang wars never blow over all at once. Definitely take a couple weeks or months to run through the bad blood, and come to a new status quo (or return to the old one). In the meantime, lot of people gonna get dumpshock, and remember that these hacker gangs often have other gangs they are affiliated with that help provide muscle in meatspace when they need it. If those affiliates happen to be rivals as well (or just plain crazy, like the Halloweeners) then you've got a recipe for a low-level gang war erupting across both Seattle and the Emerald City. Though the syndicates will probably 'encourage' them to settle things before it erupts into anything full-fledged or involving mass civilian casualties. Knight Errant was brought in just four years ago because the Tempo wars blew up big. They'll crack down hard, on everyone, if anything similar looks to be brewing, and the syndicates know it. Police crackdowns are bad for business, afterall.

Tux is a great idea. And i know how to add some spice to it :>
Booze's VU93 Profile
Im From EU, so my time zone is +7 from forum time, when you sleep I read ;)

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #124 on: <06-02-14/2312:25> »
Note: The PKE Meter is a Ghostbusters reference. SlowDeck is hoping no one catches it and realizes he's feeding a line of bulldrek about needing special equipment for this  ;)

Flip, that is of course if you're amenable to him getting involved. He's like me: a bit of a know-it-all jackass. I'd also need to know your plans for this.
« Last Edit: <06-02-14/2314:13> by SlowDeck »
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Flip

• Newb
« Reply #125 on: <06-02-14/2354:41> »
Flip obviously wouldn't get the reference, he's a young gun that is freaked.

The box itself only has magic to return to the last person who bled on it (Pizza Boy was being shot at and somewhat bloodied when he got the box), via a spirit permanently bound to the box. Inside the box is a dagger that drains essence, and whenever it drains essence it permanently infuses the stolen essence into the user.
« Last Edit: <06-03-14/1512:42> by Flip »

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #126 on: <06-04-14/1025:34> »
For those that haven't caught on yet or who haven't paid attention, Nightmare is participating in the 2076 Desert Wars with a three man squad made up of herself, a technomancer, and a mage.  I'm actually roleplaying this plot offline, so most of the posts will be a bit self-contained but I'm open to anyone talking about what some other unit is up to for those that are "watching".  Note:  Nightmare's squad, which known as the Iron Knights (there's a backstory there that maybe I'll get into later but not right now), was hired by larger unit for the large scale affairs, which are currently going on, but will be participating in the Merc Challenge as a single unit (be late next month to the month after, which would put it near the end of Desert Wars).

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #127 on: <06-12-14/1045:09> »
Nightmare's lose of connection is not due to whatever the Reality Hackers is up to, it's a lose of her connection due to a mortar to her satellite link.  She will be back up online in a few days.

Booze

• Chummer
  • Johny Walker, the street name Booze came by itself
« Reply #128 on: <06-13-14/0420:39> »
Ok, so here are some words of explanation:
The seatle Matrix Rumble is quite simple, CKs VS RHs. But as you see quite clearlly this is just a mess. Pure chaos. In this is some conspiracy xD Any one recognizing CMOS? Leader of Midwest Pirats Guild? And what is MPG doing here? I will not tell you yet, but you should easily get the idea. For now, Booze had just bad timing. He was on a party, in Tux's when it all started. He and his team, are trying to find out what is it all about. That keeps him almost all the time in matrix combat. That is why he is so hard to reach. You could notice the news,... hacked by some RH punk.
Booze's VU93 Profile
Im From EU, so my time zone is +7 from forum time, when you sleep I read ;)

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #129 on: <07-07-14/0828:30> »
Just jumping in, it looks like.  Hope that's okay...

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #130 on: <07-07-14/1429:59> »
Booze, I presume the 'Seattle Matrix Rumble' is done by now? 
Pananagutan & End/Line

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #131 on: <07-08-14/0700:42> »
...while I'm tempted to post a reference to Jackpoint in response to the head cases comment, I'm not sure how widely read Jackpoint actually is in-universe. 

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <07-08-14/0714:29> »
Like anything in the shadows, the information gets spread around.  Names may be changed to protect the guilty - 'friend of a friend', so to speak - but the core info is disseminated pretty thoroughly through the shadows, at least the upper and middle 'levels', as it were.  Newbies, especially matrix-ignorant ones, haven't a chance in hell ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #133 on: <07-08-14/0746:49> »
I wouldn't call Gunspell matrix-ignorant... it's just not her topic of focus. 

She's still not the right character to make the comment, though, you're right about that. 

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <09-16-16/0123:42> »
Hola, guess who's finally alive again.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden