NEWS

[Resource][Spell]Wings of Blood

• 3 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <08-02-12/2131:16> »
Wings of Blood (Manipulation Spell)
DV: (Force/2)-1 (Physical +1, Caster Only -2, Sustained +0, Physical Manipulation +0, Minor Change +0)

This spell can only be learned by those with the Sacrifice metamagic. Upon casting the spell, the caster takes 1P damage unresisted that cannot be healed by any means while the spell is sustained. This in addition to any use of the Sacrifice metamagic to cast the spell. A pair of blood red crystalline wings erupt from the caster's back, allowing them to fly with a running speed equal to Force x the hits on the Spellcasting test, and a walking speed of half that number (round up). At the Gamemaster's discretion, this may provide bonuses or penalties to Social Skill tests while sustained, as appropriate.
« Last Edit: <08-03-12/0640:09> by Mirikon »
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #1 on: <08-03-12/0314:51> »
while that is cool and all, why would anyone use that spell instead of Levitate, which allows a much greater fly speed and also does not cause damage? It seems this kind of spell is useful only for the awesomeness factor, but if that is the case, it can probably stand to have even less Drain, expecially since you take 1 damage no matter what. Also, the speed is incredibly slow. I would make this spell grant the same movement as Levitate, and also add a bonus to all Intimidation tests while the spell is active.
« Last Edit: <08-03-12/0317:08> by Mason »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <08-03-12/0637:12> »
I'll admit that I did not look at the Levitate spell while I was writing this. Seems Levitate assumes that the movement speed is a minor change. Edited the spell. How about now?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #3 on: <08-03-12/1115:38> »
I like it. Very nice :)

The fact that it isn't weight based is pretty good for balancing the one perma-damage, but you may want to make allowances in the move rate for the mage carrying a heavy load along with them. Or, since it's an NPC power, maybe not.

This is the kind of WTF kind of spell for NPC mages to pull out while chasing you and sustaining a super high Force Armor spell, and then swooping down and grabbing civilians to slit their throats and manabolting you with their life force while laughing maniacally.