NEWS

need stats for insect spirits in a Ares research lab

• 7 Replies

lonewolf1210

• Newb
« on: <04-16-13/1603:55> »
My group needs to get access to a isolated server in an underground Ares facility, but they dont know that it is mainly used by Ares for research on insect spirits and their rumored tries to integrate Insect Spirit parts as bioware into their soldiers.

This is part of the grand finale of a 3+ year campaign, and the characters have over 300 Karma each, including a troll adept with magic 11(and a Force 4 Weapon Focus) and a combat mage who routinely throws around Force 11 Fireballs/Stunballs. I would like this to be the last big and dangerous combat they have to do. The real finale will require more a focus on stealth and infiltration than combat powress.

So im looking if someone has somewhere stats for such highpowered insect spirits and/or such Ares soldiers with bug implants. I would really like them to be challenged to the brink, but not without giving them a chance.

Anyone?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <04-17-13/0120:04> »
There was a module published recently about Ares and bugs. Might want to check that out. Forget the name at the moment, though.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

lonewolf1210

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-17-13/1646:35> »
thanks
anyone has a name for it? without it searching is quite hard

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-19-13/0205:40> »
Street Magic has Insect Spirit stats.

AceFace

« Reply #4 on: <04-19-13/1250:03> »
I think the module Mirikon's on about is called Sacrificial Limb. I haven't read it, so can't vouch for that, or for it's quality.

Shaidar's right too, there are bug spirit stats in Street Magic.

Good luck!

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-19-13/1643:41> »
I'll post the wasp soldier stats when I get home. For some reason I've always had trouble converting those abstracts to actual mooks--and I'm all up in Abstract.

/shrug

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-19-13/1734:19> »
Ork Wasp N'drangheta lieutenant & soldiers (Artifacts Unbound, 89). There's also an optional rule where they can also use the Hive Mind as the equivalent of a Rating 4 Tactical network. Your players will love that.  8)

Google Drive PDF

captainhedges

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #7 on: <11-07-18/1129:23> »
My group needs to get access to a isolated server in an underground Ares facility, but they dont know that it is mainly used by Ares for research on insect spirits and their rumored tries to integrate Insect Spirit parts as bioware into their soldiers?

If you are running this game in 5e ou need to pick up Howking Shadows.

The 20th anniversary book has them listed as well.

I am onl Running 5e these days as I like it a lot!
I am Shadowrun Special Agent #783. I run a rouge game currently from the Shadows of Shreveport Louisiana Bayou style.