NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #90 on: <07-19-13/0945:09> »
All Burst attacks state that with the Multiple Attacks Free Action they can target multiple targets with the same burst. However, the Multiple Attacks section (p196) does not contain any rules regarding attacking multiple targets with the same burst.

Edit: The Condition Monitor section does not mention going unconscious when either is filled up. While several spells, effects and 'items' refer to going unconscious as a side effect of it filling up, it is not stated explicitly anywhere.
« Last Edit: <07-19-13/1048:50> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

l0calh05t

• Newb
« Reply #91 on: <07-19-13/1109:15> »
A small one:

P. 165: "(see Multiple Attacks, p. 96)" should be "(see Multiple Attacks, p.196)"

l0calh05t

• Newb
« Reply #92 on: <07-19-13/1112:14> »
Also, how mystic adepts gain power points during advancement isn't clear (http://rpg.stackexchange.com/q/27290/8915)

Elizara Dane

• Newb
  • Discreet negotiations and arbitrations by request
« Reply #93 on: <07-19-13/1503:55> »
P.122 - Technomancer archetype has the Complex Form Data Mask, which is not listed in the complex for section.
 Also, is it possible to list the priorities for each type? I think that may help newer players in understanding how each one was built.
My goal? Dear, my one goal is only the most noble goal of all...

A life of luxury, of course.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #94 on: <07-20-13/1622:26> »
Also, how mystic adepts gain power points during advancement isn't clear (http://rpg.stackexchange.com/q/27290/8915)
Really?
It's even explained in the link you provided(they gain them just the same as adepts)[might or might not change in the errata, but thats how it currently works]
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #95 on: <07-20-13/1755:07> »
Page 179: Suppressive Fire does not mention requiring Full-Auto mode or any requirements at all. All it does is note it uses controlled and fully automatic bursts, but no capitals indicating what firing modes can handle it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #96 on: <07-20-13/2206:14> »
In addition to the confusion over the Gunnery skill, there is nothing to say what attribute it uses when fired by a jumped-in Rigger, and on page 183 where Gunnery is described, jumped-in riggers get no mention alongside manual and remote turrets. In the Drone Combat section in the Rigger section, it incorrectly states that Gunnery and Sensor Attack rules are on page 202 rather than pages 183 and 184.

There also appears to be no way to purchase higher grid access outside the one included in Lifestyle, although that may be intentional.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <07-21-13/0815:12> »
There also appears to be no way to purchase higher grid access outside the one included in Lifestyle, although that may be intentional.
Most likely intention in the sense that there just isn't room in the corebook for it.
As the sidebar does mention that the ones included in Lifestyle are for those who don't buy a better one seperatly.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #98 on: <07-21-13/0851:06> »
Sorry if this one has already been reported:

Alchemy example p. 305:
The example states that “She manages to get 6 successes while the opposition gets 0. If she had not used reagents, the potency of the shadow preparation would have been limited to 5 (her Mental limit); instead it’s at 6.” where as it is stated in the step 5 that the test is “an Alchemy + Magic [Force] Test opposed by the Force of the preparation.
Which on is correct, which one shall be corrected? (or did I miss something).

Later in the example, it reads “Because the Potency is 6, the Drain is Physical.” whereas step 6 states "If you get more hits on your Alchemy Test than your Magic rating, the Drain is Physical, otherwise it’s Stun.”. In that example hits = Potency as the preparation did not get any hits, however the wording is wrong. Is the physical/stun drain based on the Potency or the hits?
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

alister

• Newb
« Reply #99 on: <07-21-13/1619:48> »
the blast spells drain seems to be wrong on p284, it is listed as force drain while ball lightning spell does force -1. both are indirect spell that affect an area. blast does stun and ball lighting does physical. ball lighting is elemental while blast is not. in the past, elemental and  causing physical damage raised drain not lowered it. also something that is not clear, do all indirect spells have AP or just elemental spells?
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck,  and looks like a duck , then it might just be a duck.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #100 on: <07-21-13/2257:59> »
Most Contacts have the Data Search skill, which is no longer a skill in 5E.   I assume that should be Computer (Matrix Search) instead.

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #101 on: <07-22-13/0947:08> »
How does defense against grenades work?
Bull stated here that there is no defense roll against grenades.
The rules as I understand them explain that there is some defense roll.
It needs to be clarified, and eventually errated
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Psikerlord

• Omae
« Reply #102 on: <07-22-13/2100:33> »
Yes can grenades and therefore AoE spells please be clarified. It appears there is an error in the Blast (AoE) spell example used (there is no mention of any threshold 3 test to land the spell and reduce scatter, instead it is handled like a single target indirect spell attack).

There is also the curious case of the -2 defence modifier for resisting AoE under the ranged defence table. Since you dont get a dodge against AoE, why does this modifier exist? Is it just an error?

Cheers! And brilliant book by the way!

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <07-24-13/0120:11> »
Melee Teamwork Rules, page 188

The attacker takes a Complex
Action and makes an Opposed Test using her Combat
Skill + Agility [Accuracy] with all appropriate modifiers,
including the Ally in Combat modifier, against the op-
ponent’s Intuition. Hits from this test are added as a
positive dice pool modifier for the next ally to attack
the same opponent.
The next ally can also use these
hits as a bonus on their own teamwork test, hoping
to build the amount of hits they are passing on to the
eventual attacker.

Should the bolded sentence read "Net hits..."? Not much point in it being opposed if the opposition doesn't reduce results.  Or are Net hits on opposed tests just assumed?

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #104 on: <07-24-13/1154:06> »
p65 (top right paragraph) says that trolls need to pay 50% more for all gear, with no mention of a modified cost for dwarves.
p420 under Size Costs says that equipment size modification costs for both metatypes is included in a Lifestyle cost modifier.

Which is correct?

I've been told it was decided it should just be the increased lifestyle cost.  Paying extra for all gear, while it may be more realistic is just way to harsh.

It also isn't clear if it's 50 or 100% for Trolls and 10 or 20% for Dwarves. The C-Gen text in multiple places have the 50/10 but the table lists the increase as 100/20% respectively.