NEWS

Digital Toolbox Errata

• 29 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« on: <02-01-14/0156:31> »
I have only been poking through one of these PDFs, but I've found something.  On page 103 of CAT27100X_Alphaware Cards.pdf, the listed cyberears are Rating 1, have an Essence cost of 0.2, and cost 13,250¥.  On page 104 of the same file, the listed cyberears are Rating 3, have an Essence cost of 0.2, and cost 13,250¥.

From a different post:
Just looked through the cards, and there are several repeats:
41-43 are all Ares Predator V
58-60 are all Armor Jacket
61-63 are all Lined Coat
68-69 are both Renraku Sensei
101-102 are both Cybereyes [Rating 1, w/ flare compensation, image link, low-light vision, thermographic vision]
103-104 are both Cyberears, but with different ratings and additions, yet the same Essence, capacity and cost

Hope they are fixed before printed...
« Last Edit: <02-01-14/1134:16> by Namikaze »
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <02-01-14/1119:31> »
FWIW, from what I hear from the bosses, there is time to make some quick changes before these products go off to print.  So info like this is helpful, and I'll be doing what I can to forward it on.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <02-01-14/1148:34> »
Just checked the rigger chapter of the rules of the street and it still has the +1 dicepool bonus listed for HotSim, which sounded like a mistake the way it's described in the Core book, and the German edition supports that suspicion by having it as the default +2 HotSim gives.

The Defense Modifiers table on page 36 still includes "Targeted by Area-Effect attack", which was stated to be erronous and isn't present, iirc, in the German edition.

Edit: Blitz has two different effects described, one states the maximum of 4 (not 5 like in Core) dice, the other states +1 die instead but also the rule of six for 1 CT. (Rule of six on what? All your rolls? Your initative roll?)
« Last Edit: <02-01-14/1202:52> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <02-02-14/0614:17> »
- “Council Island was home to two full Coyote shamen” If the intent was to go with a plural of shaman, it should be “shamans” (Coydog's Dossier, p. 2)

-On all of Coydog's character sheets (Beginner's Box QSR, Dossier p. 8, Record Sheet), the Magician quality is missing from her Quality list.

-The "Tradition" section only lists Hermetic...yet the only Magic user in the set is using the Shamanic Tradition (Rules of the Street, p. 56)

-A Power Points section is listed, yet there are no additional rules for adepts mentioned. And that the section is overall unnecessary since none of the pre-gen characters are adepts. (Rules of the Street, p. 56)
« Last Edit: <02-02-14/0631:18> by tasti man LH »
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #4 on: <02-02-14/0802:57> »
Clearly there was a disconnect between the writer of the rules subset and the writer of the characters:
"The most common traditions are hermetic and shamanic; the only character in this box with the ability to use magic follows a hermetic tradition (see Coydog/Elf Street Shaman)." (Quick Start Rules, p. 12)

But that error appeared in the original QSR as well:
"The most common traditions are hermetic and shamanic; the only pre-generated character in these quick start rules with the ability to use magic follows a hermetic tradition (see Street Shaman, p. 29)." (Original QSR, p. 13)

As for Magician not being listed as a Quality--that's technically correct.  Magician is not a Quality in SR5.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <02-02-14/2040:23> »
As for Magician not being listed as a Quality--that's technically correct.  Magician is not a Quality in SR5.

Whoops, my bad. :P

But aye, quite annoying that one error from the QSR carried over to this extent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways...

-Spirit Powers are not listed at all, even though the Spirit stat blocks list them. Either include them there to match up with the spirits, or get rid of the spirit powers in the stat blocks for the purposes of simplified gameplay. (Rules of the Street, p. 62)

-Chaotic World is not listed in Coydog's QSR Sheet (Coydog QSR, p. 1)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <02-03-14/0553:23> »
Condition Monitor doesn't mention overflow or going unconscious when it fills up.

Disguise says it's from the Stealth group, Palming says it's from no group, Sneaking says it's from the Chameleon group. These should all be Stealth.

Cybercombat says it's from the skill group Cybercombat, it is from the Cracking group.

Unsure if intended: Unattended Medkit says it uses the DR, whereas SR5 Core says wireless unattended medkits use the DRx2.

Page 55 says that specific rules for gunnery and sensors in combat can be found in the combat chapter, but no such thing exists here. In fact, Gunnery isn't even included in the skills list.

Explosives refer to the Barriers section to see how explosives work against them, but all that Barriers section contains is a list of them and info on how they work when attacked through.
« Last Edit: <02-03-14/0624:57> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <02-03-14/1759:25> »
-Hardpoint's 20% Lifestyle cost increased is not mentioned despite Ms Myth's 100% Lifestyle cost being mentioned on her sheet. (Hardpoint QSR Sheet, p.1)

-Instruction, Impersonation, Leadership and Performance are not included at all under the Social Skills section, despite them being mentioned in the Social Skills Test table. (Rules of the Street, p.18-19)

-Karma Rewards Table absent; kind of important to have so it goes with the Karma Advancement Tables (Rules of the Street, p. 26)

-Also, I have a suspicion this was deliberate, but I'm going to mention it anyways: on the QSR character sheets, each characters' vehicles are not listed, while they are listed on all of the character sheets in the Alphaware box.
« Last Edit: <02-03-14/2050:49> by tasti man LH »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <02-03-14/2130:33> »
Word on the email chain is I've got a couple more days to compile stuff and post the doc to the bosses, for their final clearance and edits being made.  So keep stuff coming, fellas.  I'm doing what I can.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-04-14/0919:10> »
Really appreciate all your efforts on this Critias! :)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <02-04-14/1741:15> »
Aw crap...there's only so much stuff that I can read with the time I have right now...but, I'll do whatever I can to help out.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <02-04-14/2052:09> »
-Infiltration is used as a skill in the QSR, yet Infiltration is no longer a skill in SR5:

-"For example, Infiltration 3 means the character has the Infiltration  at a rating of …For example, if the character with Infiltration 3 also had Intuition 4 she would roll 7 dice when making an Infiltration Test.” (QSR, p. 6)
-”Opposed test between the character’s Infiltration + Agility [Physical] and the guard’s Perception + Intuition [Mental]” (QSR, p. 7)

This should be replaced with "Sneaking". Also, for the error on p. 6, the linked attribute is NOT Intuition and should be Agility.

-Gentry is missing his Cerebral Booster 1 on his QSR sheet.

-In the “Success Test” example, Gentry is mentioned as having Logic 6. With his QSR sheet, this is incorrect as Gentry has Logic 5. Likely a carry-over from having Cerebral Booster 1, which Gentry does not have in his QSR sheet. (QSR, p. 6)

Please decide if QSR Gentry has Cerebral Booster 1 or not 

-Matrix Full Defense is listed as an Interrupt Action, yet the rules do not outline what Interrupt Actions are. (Rules of the Street, p. 47)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #12 on: <02-05-14/0044:04> »
Methinks we'll need more than a couple more days to find everything.  There's a ton of text between all the cards, books, etc.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

faket15

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <02-05-14/0132:25> »
I really loved the five characters, but when i tried to build them using SR5 core book rules it was impossible. My proposed changes to make them rules-legal are:

Ms. Myth:
Drop Negotiation (Bought as a standalone skill and as a part of the Influence Group at the same time). Use the points to bump Impersonation and Perception to 6 and also to add 1 point to two of her combat skills
Move 1 point from INT to AGI (Both CHA and INT are capped, which is forbidden at chargen)
Drop 1 point from 2 of her level 2 knowledge skills (Cantonese and Japanese, maybe)

Sledge:
Drop either the bike + 2 months of lifestyle or one of the 3 reflex recorders (Pistols) + 1 month of lifestyle
Drop the Gymnastics Skill or reduce by one the level both Gymnastics and Pistols
Reduce the connection or loyalty rating of one contact by one point

Gentry:
Remove 1 Attribute point
Remove 1 point from Running Skill and Influence Skill Group
Remove 1 point from one Knowledge Skill
Either pick a cheaper cyberdeck (Hermes Chariot) or drop some 'ware (3 dropped levels distributed between Muscle Toner, Muscle Augmentation, Synthacardium and Cerebral Booster is enough)

Hardpoint:
Drop CHA and AGI to level 2
Drop Gunnery from 7 to 6 (The character doesn't have the Aptitude quality)
Pick a cheaper (And lower availability) RCC, the EssyMotors Drone Master is perfect for the budget

Coydog:
Drop 1 attribute by 1 level
Drop the acting group level from 3 to 1
Swap the 7th spellcasting skill point for a spec. (I think both Illusion and Manipulation are good options for this character) or an extra point to another skill (Assensing or Counterspelling probably)
« Last Edit: <02-05-14/0220:49> by faket15 »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <02-05-14/0853:16> »
They all had a few "extras" tossed their way, just for fun.  Believe me, I laboriously built them exactly according to starting character standards (and edited them over and over again, as we put final touches on the rules), and then I just kind of...didn't want to keep them that way any more. 

So they all got a little something here and there (a skill above 6, a little extra piece of gear, something like that), just to round them out a little bit, and make sure they were all just a tinge more playable and -- especially -- a little more forgiving to new players.