NEWS

Sins of the Fathers [IP] - A Side Quest

• 591 Replies

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #570 on: <07-07-16/1232:12> »
Slobbertooth growled. "Or maybe he wanted the job so that he could feed his wife and son in the barrens, but I guess you took care of that by contracting out the greasing of both of them, too?"

He sighed and calmed down. "We're not here to talk about that though. I want information on Verres. If I wanted to blackmail you, I am armed at a party where your entire family is present, have your commlink, and she has plenty of your personal information available to her already, and I already have evidence that you signed the contract for those murders. I could already blackmail you if I wanted, but I don't.

"Beyond evidence on Verres's activities, there is nothing you can give that I want."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #571 on: <07-07-16/1628:34> »
"I have no information on Verres - and I wouldn't want to. What I know is that he carries a little paper book with him, containing all his important... documentations. If you want this, you'll have to visit him at the LS academy. Good luck getting in there. Especially after you allegedly killed some of his employees."

Meanwhile Slobbertooth and Torrent had noticed that Ryan, Verres' man had started to follow Eliza up the stairs...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #572 on: <07-07-16/1730:04> »
Slobbertooth stood up, and showed his dissatisfaction with a shake of his head and a click of the tongue.

"Well I can understand not wanting to incriminate yourself any further. I had hoped you'd be willing to give us more documentation linking yourself to him at least, but I guess we'll just have to use what the assassins gave us."

Slobbertooth gave bnc the signal to stop recording, and spoke while checking to make sure his Ruger was loaded with normal ammunition.

"I had hoped I would be able to package all the information together in a paydata sale that would help pay for the assistance I've received on my way here. Ah well, now to do what I came here for."

Slobbertooth raised his revolver and aimed at Eliza Thorin.

"My name is Josiah Willows. You killed my mother and father. I will give you the mercy you did not give them, and let your children give you an open-casket funeral"

Her fired into her chest.
« Last Edit: <07-07-16/2232:38> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #573 on: <07-07-16/1823:58> »
The look of surprise on Eliza's face was instantly wiped away by a moment of terror and disbelief. She had half risen when the bullet slammed into her thin body and sent her back into the chair, toppling it over backwards. The bullet exited her back and struck the opposite wall.
The sound proofing of the room did keep it's promise though: Despite being ear shattering loud, the shot didn't reverberate.
Slobber had aimed well: The bullet went straight through the Eliza's heart and her eyes went blank only three seconds later as her blood soaked the expensive carpets.

Beside the ringing in his ears everything was quiet for a moment.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #574 on: <07-07-16/2231:39> »
"Time to go."

"bnc, we need a way to quickly distract Verres's man as we move out." He tossed her Eliza's commlink.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #575 on: <07-09-16/0422:18> »
"Sure...", bnc says slightly destractedly, still glancing at the corpse and the blood forming a pool on the floor. She shakes her head, however, and attends to the task almost mechanically.
bnc quickly downloads a voice simulation program she feeds with some of the recordings of stored phonecalls. She then generates a message she sends to Ryan:

"Security is needed in the parking house ASAP. Intruders are armed. At least three of them. Magical support is possible. Hurry up. And be careful not to disturb the party unless absolutely necessary. Understood?"

"I think we're good to go, sempai."

Just in case, bnc pats down Eliza's body for any interesting objects she might still have in her pockets.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #576 on: <07-09-16/1810:49> »
Slobbertooth waits a minute for Ryan to have headed down the stairs, and then holsters his Ruger and leads bnc down and outside and to the grill. He throws some meat and wood on the burner and then turns the heat all the way up. In a few minutes it should create a distraction for the kitchen staff as the team heads out.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #577 on: <07-11-16/0419:52> »
Against all odds, the team made it out of the party without being stopped - mainly due to the fact that they could command the automated security to ignore them.
The drive home was quiet and showed a certain strained concentration on the team's faces.
No-one needed to say it out loud: This had been no normal run and therefore the normal rules didn't apply - this was personal and now the team would have to content with an enemy that had the resources of a small country at their disposal - not to mention Verres and his high position within Lonestar.

A vacation somewhere far away would probably be a good idea around now...
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #578 on: <07-12-16/0528:20> »
Once they are safe, bnc shuts down her cyberdeck and closes her eyes. Pictures are dancing in her mind. Screams that were never shouted ring in her head. Shut it, slitch, you're dead, and you very well deserve it.

bnc bites her lips nervously during the drive. She didn't bring any drugs - the risk of getting caught would have been to high. Also, she didn't want to trust her ability to resist them in a critical moment. Now would be the time. Instead, she turns up her internal sound system with way too loud electro-metal to drown out Eliza's voice.

Back in the appartment, she goes straight for the long-awaited relief. Once the silvery patch is on her neck, she closes her eyes and sighs deeply. Then she throws herself at the couch in the living room and remains there, enjoying the bliss of Whoom rushing through her veins.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #579 on: <07-12-16/0749:59> »
Slobbertooth inspected the suppressor on his Ruger for errors and then set about filling a backpack with equipment and weapons that would be relevant if there were an incident later these next few days. He'd be out of house the next few days and wanted to be prepared.

He heard and saw what bnc was doing, and slumped his shoulders. He felt guilty that the stress of today and what he had done had probably gotten to her and got her back into a habit she had kicked for quite some time. Maybe it was just withdrawal. Yeah right asshole.

He passed along to Krestov that he was free to move forward with the sale of that contract between Eliza, Verres, and the assassins to a member of KE that he trusted, and that the money made off of it should be split among the rest of the team. "I already got paid for this mission."

Yelling to the rest of the house, "I'm going to see my parents!," Josiah got on his Suzuki Mirage and headed to their resting place in the Barrens. He sent K a text requesting his company there too.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #580 on: <07-14-16/0759:09> »
It was no small feat to duck out of his post, but when the call to leave was made, Krestov did not hesitate.  Slipping away from the cooking table, he grimly left, departing with the team as the van rode away in silence.  The playback feed of the revenge...the execution...was forefront in his mind as he kept his gaze lowered.  It left a sour taste in his mouth...families and civilians affected by their actions always did.  But this time, he let it happen... For the good of this team, I let it happen...  He looked ahead to where bnc lay, clearly in distress, and where Slobbertooth sat checking his gun.  ...was it worth it?

Back at the house, Krestov unloaded his stuff, still not saying a word until Slobbertooth declared he was heading out.  A big hand fell on the ork's shoulder...not forcefully, but enough to denote presence.  Looking down at him, the troll's pale blue cybernetic stare met him for a lingering moment, his stony face saying nothing.  And then, just like that, he let go.  Nothing more to say..he regrets not.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #581 on: <07-14-16/0838:51> »
[spoiler]So K is not coming to the requested place?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #582 on: <07-14-16/0851:28> »
[spoiler]I always forget we have Special K and Slobber also has K as in Kazuya. In this case K was Kazuya. I'll devote more energy to being specific in the future.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #583 on: <07-14-16/0906:44> »
[Spoiler]thank you for making that distinction before I made an edit under that assumption.  Haha.  No worries man :) [/spoiler]

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #584 on: <07-14-16/1307:56> »
[spoiler]Oops, my bad. Didn't want to spread confusion.
So this is it, then. Or is there any aftermath you guys want to roleplay?
There's holidays before us, isn't there? Like, compulsory ones.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"