NEWS

political BS aka how stupid can you be?

• 13 Replies

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« on: <05-08-12/1723:37> »
Alright i'll let you find your own links but last week's "May day" festivities almost had a big bang to go with them according to the radio news that I listen to. Apparently 5 "anarchists" that were also members of the "Occupy Wall street/Cleveland" movement purchased from an FBI undercover agent several pounds of supposed "C4" and then attempted to blow up a major bridge in the Cleveland area with the fake plastic explosive. Either once they had driven off from the purchase site or when they were driving away from the attempt to bomb the bridge they were arrested on federal charges.

I'm sorry but how stupid do you have to be. Anyone with a lick of sense should know that attempting to purchase high explosives on the black market in the US is a SETUP!

your thoughts?
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <05-08-12/1823:25> »
Why use C4?  Dynamite and TNT is a lot easier to get and harder to trace.  ...  What, I grew up in a mining town in CANADA.  We could get dynamite before we could drive to go prospecting.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-08-12/1857:08> »
Thats how I lost some hearing in my right ear
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

Fallen_Raven

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-10-12/1338:57> »
You can buy all of your materials at a hardware store, why would you bother buying controlled explosives.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <05-10-12/1407:50> »
You can buy all of your materials at a hardware store, why would you bother buying controlled explosives.
"The Anarchist's Cookbook", as written by Michael Bay?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #5 on: <05-10-12/1528:38> »

Because, Fallen_Raven, one's likelihood of pursuing an illegal and dangerous objective is generally inversely proportionate to one's ability to actually successfully prosecute that objective. Therefore a person with the mental acumen and technical knowledge to do things the way you suggested would have a very low probability of actually doing so.

In other words: "Only idiots try to blow up bridges".
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-10-12/1657:45> »
Affiliation with a group is not representing them.  "Occupy" is dedicated to non-violent protest and has denounced the affiliation, the 'bombers' have also made the distinction.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <05-10-12/2104:55> »
Depends on the bridge, depends on the time.

*Puts "A Bridge Too Far" into the DVD Player*

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fallen_Raven

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <05-11-12/0044:42> »
"The Anarchist's Cookbook", as written by Michael Bay?

More along the lines of "Everything I was told not to do in Chemistry Class." You don't need to annihalte the bridge to take it out of comission, just make it too expensive to repair.

Therefore a person with the mental acumen and technical knowledge to do things the way you suggested would have a very low probability of actually doing so.

Fair enough. As usual I'm probablly overthinking things.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <05-11-12/0152:01> »
More along the lines of "Everything I was told not to do in Chemistry Class." You don't need to annihalte the bridge to take it out of comission, just make it too expensive to repair.
Considering that I grew up in a mining town, that's a long ass list.

And I was only in Chemistry class for three days!   :o

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <05-11-12/0809:26> »
Depends on the bridge, depends on the time.

*Puts "A Bridge Too Far" into the DVD Player*
Good movie.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #11 on: <05-11-12/1729:50> »
agreed fastjack, though i prefer "Bridge over the River Kwai"

the only reason i can think of is that "Platique" explosives are considered by the layman to be more powerful as well as moldable. Personally, and if i was doing it I would probably use Dynamite, but would prep the bridge in such a way that it would come down as if by a pro demo company.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <06-14-12/2149:18> »
Aside from the perps being dumb enough to buy explosives and thus getting caught, this illustrates the total epic fail that is the domestic war on terror and the lie of how much danger we are in. Look around you at common events and place you attend, how many are safe from Oklahoma City style attacks or suicide drivers? With our cheesecloth borders and the ingredients for ANFO being available at farm supply stores you'd think at least one group of jihadi would give up on planes and grab the low hanging fruit.  The sad thing is to be "safe" would require such draconian security in all aspects of life that it makes North Korea look free.

Sorry, /rant about government fearmongering off

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <06-14-12/2338:18> »
agreed fastjack, though i prefer "Bridge over the River Kwai"

the only reason i can think of is that "Platique" explosives are considered by the layman to be more powerful as well as moldable. Personally, and if i was doing it I would probably use Dynamite, but would prep the bridge in such a way that it would come down as if by a pro demo company.
Dynamite and TNT, easy to get, easy to learn how to use, hard on you if you screw up.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11