KS: Custom Game Dice - You Design

• 5 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <05-11-14/1022:52> »
Kind of last minute on this one, but for those interested:

Custom Game Dice - You Design

Might give this a go and see if I can come up with a cool SR theme.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <05-11-14/1359:52> »
I'm glad you mentioned this, AJ.  I'm a backer, and I'm working with one of the other backers to come up with some designs.  I was thinking of something that functionally is very similar to the Pegasus Spiele dice, but doesn't use any copyrighted materials or logos.  Also, it should be something that can look good in metallic designs and marbled designs.  Here's the inspiration for the 5s and 6s sides of the dice:

http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/760834/760834,1304974027,2/stock-vector-black-dragon-76883299.jpg

This would have the 5 or 6 written inside the circle the dragon is behind.  The 2s, 3s, and 4s would just have the circle.  The 1s would be blank, most likely.

For a numeric font, I was thinking of the numerals used here:
http://us.123rf.com/450wm/kittisaktaramas/kittisaktaramas1303/kittisaktaramas130300016/18593204-abstract-infographics-communication-technology-origami-style-options-banner-vector-illustration-can-.jpg

Once the Kickstarter is complete, Jazzy Bear (that's the user name of the guy I'm working with) and I are going to work more in earnest to get something done.  I'm excited to see what we come up with, and I'll be sure to post here if anyone else wants to use the design.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-11-14/1538:25> »
Great to hear...pretty much confirms that I'll be backing this one.  ;)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-13-14/0729:09> »
Namikaze - have you completed your survey yet?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #4 on: <06-13-14/1241:35> »
I did, but I haven't heard anything since.  Last update said it wouldn't be until about October before they can start producing the templates.  Basically, they have to get all the money from Kickstarter, then buy the equipment, set up the website, and then they should be good to go.  Currently the website is just a forum for sharing ideas.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-13-14/1243:07> »
Ahhh...guess I should read that blasted email... sigh ::)