NEWS

Fluffy wishful thinking

• 8 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« on: <12-29-10/1900:49> »
One of those 'I doubt it'll see the light of day' things, but I was just wistfully thinking that it'd be awesome to have a compilation of all the fluff and commentary from previous SR editions. Even without full context, there's just so much setting flavor that I see the old-timers commenting on.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

BIG BAD BEESTE

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <12-30-10/0756:23> »
Ah, but we dinosaurs get to do all that here. Usually by prefixing, "I remember the days when..."  ;D

Switch

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-05-11/1958:20> »
Oh stories from the good old days do tell  XxswitchxX

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #3 on: <01-06-11/0443:13> »
Well, remember that fluff is half of a lot of old books. "All the fluff" would weigh half as much as "all the previous editions."

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-06-11/0542:10> »
If by "fluff" any background description is meant than most probably very much more than half. Most books were background description sourcebooks after all, even written in-universe, with only a bit rules in the small GM section.

Archivist

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-06-11/0823:05> »
And there are always good deals at used book stores and ebay!  I've picked up quite a few for the information

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #6 on: <01-06-11/0926:27> »
You know all this talk about "fluffing" could be taken the wrong way by non writers.

...Just sayin'  ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

BIG BAD BEESTE

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <01-07-11/0931:57> »
Too true. Didn't know what "fluff" was back then (in the way we use it today). In fact, it was the street name of a certain troll sammie in my college group of players.

But I assume such fluff colation would include the in-character comments and dialogue as originally posted by the various shadowtalkers. Aaaah, the days when you would flick casually through the Street Samurai Cataog or Fields of Fire and gaze at full-page pictures of what guns and stuff you could buy (loot off sec guard corpses). The fond memories of following the interaction between runner's relationships, such as the infamous Wolfman's bad breath debate from Shadowtech.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: <01-07-11/1200:10> »
Or the when "The Smiling Bandit Strikes Again! HA HA!!"

Yeah, I loved the comments from the metaphorical peanut gallery in books like Street Sam Catalogue, Fields of Fire, and Rigger Black Book. Got just as much information there as anywhere else, much like the "Notable Pilots" entries from Battletech.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.