NEWS

A suggestion for Attitude:

• 43 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #30 on: <12-29-10/0122:44> »
So, I guess I need an update on the Shadowrun Ghost situtation.  My understanding of shadowrun ghosts comes from Running Wild, page 178:

"For rules purposes, ghosts are considered wild spirits," "that have become imprinted by the dead."  They are not lost souls, or spirits of the dead of any sort.
Even Running Wild doesn't state that they ARE wild spirits, it only says to treat them that way for rules purposes (right before it tells the GM to tweak how much they want ghosts to really act and feel like dead people, or not, to suit their individual game). 

It says "most magicians concluded that," and is as vague as the in-character section, never stating with clarity what they are.  There's an awful lot of quotation marks in that section, discussing things like souls, memories, etc, just like back in the IC fluff about ghosts.  To me, that implies that the writers intended to leave that decision up to individual GMs, while suggesting they use the core rules for wild spirits, for simplicity's sake. 

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #31 on: <12-29-10/0217:05> »
My suggestion for Attitude? Don't put anything about ghosts in there.  ;D

Crap.  I was going to have the Ghosts of Bruce Lee, Muhammed Ali, and Elvis all operating as ghostly Shadowrun team. 

*sigh*

Guess I'll scrap that then.

;)

(However, I may need to write a Mission about this now :))

Bull

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <12-29-10/0806:59> »

Crap.  I was going to have the Ghosts of Bruce Lee, Muhammed Ali, and Elvis all operating as ghostly Shadowrun team. 

*sigh*

;)

Bull
Could make a comment about Charlie's Angels, but I won't. ;)

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #33 on: <12-29-10/1004:19> »

*sigh*

;)

Bull
Could make a comment about Charlie's Angels, but I won't. ;)
How about adding one more and go A-team?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <12-29-10/1105:47> »
Given that writers are required to read almost nothing about Shadowrun itself by now, I don't think they're gonna read anything on RL related issues.
Fuck. I wasted all that time reading every SR book (including the ebooks).

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: <12-29-10/1207:27> »
Guys, the ghost talk has moved elsewhere, keepit on rack and about Attitude here
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <12-29-10/1529:51> »
Fair enough.

What I've read of Attitude is awesome. There is a lot of material to cover, but I think it's a good mix.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #37 on: <12-29-10/1635:00> »
There will be no going forward if one continually stare into the rear-view mirror.

I just hope Attitude gives us a view of the average joe life in SR, as right now everything is from a runners POV. This then slants a whole lot of issues, like why is wireless everywhere when it gets in the way of doing runner business.

Seeing how joe benefits from this, and similar, may help cut back on some background noise.

I thought we got a decent look at how a wage slave lives in the Corp Guide and Vice provided plenty of insight on the life of the gutterpunk/outlaw/mobster.  War! really could have gone more into the life of a warrior-for-hire, but War!, War! never changes.

With all the espionage stuff handled by the Spy book, Attitude has little left to cover except the high life of celebrity and the weirdness of L.A.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <12-29-10/1722:47> »
With all the espionage stuff handled by the Spy book, Attitude has little left to cover except the high life of celebrity and the weirdness of L.A.

Bwahahahaha!

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #39 on: <01-01-11/2159:03> »
Yeah... I didn't realize what SpyGames was when I, well... yeah.  Now I know, and knowing is half the disappointment.

But, it could conceivably cover more than just the Denver ridiculousness with Ghostwanker. 
That doesn't mean that it couldn't still cover all the cloak and dagger lifestyle stuff.  That's still possible..

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #40 on: <01-01-11/2207:58> »
If you don't like angry ghosts rampaging around the Polish countryside, take it up with whoever wrote SoE, is all I'm saying.
Who DID write that part of SoE?

-k

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-01-11/2230:52> »
Oh there is plenty of non-Denver stuff in SG. My post was that the stuff in Attitude s pretty broad--more than your post suggests.

The credit for the Poland chapter lists Maciej Kowalski and Joao Nunes. Peter Taylor ran the whole project since it began as a fan project in 2000 so he deserves some credit/blame. IIRC he was a micromanaging ballbuster before I had to ditch and it became an official project. And ghosts are not just in Auschwitz. The GM section describe Poland as heavily riddled with ghost haunts on page 229. But they made the ghosts of Auschwitz hostile to people in SoE. VERY hostile. So it's not like David channeled the ghost (so to speak) of any anti-semites like has been suggested. He *gasp* simply adhered to canon. And given the choice of live people vs. malevolent spirits who are at best shades of Shoah victims, I am siding with the living every time.
« Last Edit: <01-01-11/2235:32> by Crimsondude »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #42 on: <01-02-11/0038:50> »
Oh there is plenty of non-Denver stuff in SG. My post was that the stuff in Attitude s pretty broad--more than your post suggests.

Ah, cool.  That's encouraging to hear.  I remember talk that it was mostly an L.A. sourcebook with stuff about the lifestyle of the area included.  I'll be happy to see more stuff about life in the 6th world.  One of the most challenging things I find when dealing with new players is helping them get a grip on just how different life can be, not just in the shadows, but in general.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #43 on: <01-02-11/0059:49> »
That doesn't mean that it couldn't still cover all the cloak and dagger lifestyle stuff.  That's still possible..
It's more than possible, trust me.