NEWS

Ingram White Knight

• 7 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« on: <01-20-11/0959:51> »
Can it take further upgrades (Such as Smartgun, Electronic firing etc)? I thopught it might but the phrasing from SR4A leaves me a bit confused:
It’s equipped with a
detachable folding stock and an integral gas-vent system that provides
5 points of recoil compensation and cannot be further upgraded

Anyone able to clarify this for me?

Thanks!
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Dahrken

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-20-11/1250:58> »
The folding stock + gas-vent combo of the weapon cannot be upgraded (say by another gas-vent or further stock modifications). The weapon itself can receive other modifications can be added as long as they are in different modification emplacement (like over- or under-barrel equipment)

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <01-20-11/1544:39> »
Yeah, it could probably use a re-write, but most folks seem to interpret that it's just the folding stock and gas-vent cannot be modified. (or some folks think it's just the gas vent).

-k

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #3 on: <01-20-11/2231:27> »
If it were a real weapon I'd just gut it and attach the after market components that had the stuff I really wanted (like barrel and stock) or modify the crap outta the stuff I'm keeping on it... but that's me.  That's what I did with all the firearms I have around the house (2 rifles, 3 shotguns, and I'm trying hard not to by a pistol).

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #4 on: <01-22-11/1520:36> »
Man, diagram the sentence.

It’s equipped with <- The gun has the following features

a detachable folding stock and an integral gas-vent system <- A regular stock and a gas-vent system with the following characteristics

that provides 5 points of recoil compensation and cannot be further upgraded <- the description of this unique gas-vent.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <01-22-11/1526:21> »
Man, diagram the sentence.

It’s equipped with <- The gun has the following features

a detachable folding stock and an integral gas-vent system <- A regular stock and a gas-vent system with the following characteristics

that provides 5 points of recoil compensation and cannot be further upgraded <- the description of this unique gas-vent.

Sorry, was the way it formatted when I copy/pasted it
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-22-11/1802:31> »
I have always read "that provides 5 points of recoil compensation and cannot be further upgraded" as applying to the integral gas-vent system, since that is what directly precedes the prepositional phrase.  The first portion obviously applies to the gas-vent, and there is no comma or other break to indicate that the next part has changed to describe the entire weapon.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-22-11/1930:47> »
I see that now - thanks!