NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #495 on: <12-16-17/0503:07> »
The Golden Rule about gaming tends to be 'Unless it specifically says you can't, and your GM is okay with it, you can.'  Considering SR possesses a certain amount of thematic/rule durability (a general 'fluff' rule, once laid out, tends to hold true despite a change in editions), then I would definitely say that you can bind a focus designed by and originally for a member of a different Tradition.

Stylewise, however, I would expect such a character to be subconsciously uncomfortable with the item - whether it's straight up style ("All this wood-stick-and-feathers crap doesn't suit me, man.") or a more gut-level reaction ("It works, yeah, but it just rubs me wrong."), I could very easily see him bargaining for a straight-across trade with someone who has (or creates) a focus designed for the mage's tradition.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

PMárk

• Chummer
« Reply #496 on: <12-17-17/2221:12> »
Hi everyone! Sorry, I know it's probably a silly question, but where can I find the various errata pdfs? Some link in threads on this page are not working, or several years old, while the threads have new material added. I didn't find it on the webpage, but I could have missed it...
If nothing worked, let's think!

PMárk

• Chummer
« Reply #498 on: <12-18-17/1926:14> »
Thanks a lot!
If nothing worked, let's think!

blackshoe

• Newb
« Reply #499 on: <12-31-17/2003:46> »
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

The current (I hope, I just downloaded it) errata for SR5 says mystic adepts pay 5 karma per power point, so Kyra's character Silver gets Enhanced Accuracy (Automatics) (0.25), Improve Ability (Pistols) (0.5), Improved Potential (Social) (0.5), Mystic Armor 1 (0.5), Voice Control 1 (0.25), for a total of two power points costing ten karma. Ok, but Voice Control costs 0.5 power points per level (page 311, SR5). I would suggest keeping Voice Control and losing Enhanced Accuracy (Automatics). Also, Silver grabs the Assensing skill along the way, but that requires Astral Perception, an Adept power she doesn't have. If she buys that power, it will cost her an additional five karma, since it's one power point (page 309, SR5). In the final steps (SR5, p.99) Kyra has 16 karma left, but subtract the 5 for astral perception, and she has 11. Her two bound spirits cost her a total of eight karma, so she has only 3 left, not enough to raise her Etiquette to 3, so it'll have to remain at two. She has 3 karma, instead of 2, to carry forward into the game.

The gear selection for two of these three example characters (pp. 96-97, SR5) is also messed up. Add up all the stuff on Rob's shopping list, and it comes to 69,975¥, so his carryover should be 2810, not 2785. James' list totals 425,005¥ according to the book, but actually totals 445210 including the 4995 carryover. His actual remaining cash after buying everything should be 9785, of which he can carry forward 5000. Kyra's gear sums are correct.

Arraxis

• Newb
« Reply #500 on: <01-01-18/0912:27> »
In the SR5 Core Book, 4th printing, it looks like there are a lot of things that refer people to Fake SINs on Page 367, but there's nothing there at all. Fake SIN info is on page 363, and info on purchasing them on page 443.

mordred_the_dark

• Newb
« Reply #501 on: <01-12-18/0230:16> »
Shadowrun 5th Edition Core Rulebook page 250
Kill Complex Form
(complex Action)
Test: Software + Resonance [Level] v. Complex Form Level + Resonance
You attempt to kill a complex form (p. 251).

Shadowrun 5th Edition Core Rulebook page 251
Killing Complex Forms
If you encounter another technomancer with a sustained complex form, and you want to end the complex form without that technomancer’s permission, you can use the Kill Complex Form action to end it. Make a Software + Resonance [Mental] v. target complex form Level + the threader’s Resonance.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #502 on: <05-29-18/1742:05> »
Not sure if this is errata but they seem to be so I will post them up for you to check out.

Shadowrun Core Rulebook 5th corrected printing, Page 266, VR and Rigging, 2nd Paragraph last sentence.

If you're using hot-sim, you get +3D6 (4D6 total) Initiative dice, and a +1 dice pool bonus that applies to all Matrix test (including Vehicle actions), but all biofeedback damage is Physical damage.

Should Hot-Sim be +2 to matrix actions

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

&#24525;

« Reply #503 on: <05-29-18/2347:26> »
That's been asked and discussed since the book came out. There's been plenty said. A resolution came, but I can't remember how the dust settled.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #504 on: <05-30-18/0054:16> »
That's been asked and discussed since the book came out. There's been plenty said. A resolution came, but I can't remember how the dust settled.
Something something Aaron something have to wait for a new answer and I don't know if it ever came.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #505 on: <05-30-18/0209:37> »
I Think that change is actually listed in the official errata found here on the forums.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #506 on: <06-30-18/0913:17> »
I'm not sure if this the right place to bring this up but I would like to suggest the following. CRB p. 183, Gunnery, second sentence. Change "Vehicle-mounted weapons are fired using Gunnery + Agility [Accuracy] for manual operation, like door guns on mounts, or Gunnery + Logic [Accuracy] for remote operated systems." to "Vehicle-mounted weapons are fired using Gunnery + Agility [Accuracy] for manual operation and remote control, or Gunnery + Logic [Sensor] for remote operated systems targeting with a sensor Lock.
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #507 on: <06-30-18/1303:50> »
I'm not sure if this the right place to bring this up but I would like to suggest the following. CRB p. 183, Gunnery, second sentence. Change "Vehicle-mounted weapons are fired using Gunnery + Agility [Accuracy] for manual operation, like door guns on mounts, or Gunnery + Logic [Accuracy] for remote operated systems." to "Vehicle-mounted weapons are fired using Gunnery + Agility [Accuracy] for manual operation and remote control, or Gunnery + Logic [Sensor] for remote operated systems targeting with a sensor Lock.
I disagree with forcing the temporary Missions ruling on us without debate and proper clarification. I hope the errata team will do a detailed RAI debate there and adjust the RAW to not force every Rigger to stat Agility even in VR. AR Agility, VR Logic and decent info on when you need a sensor lock makes more sense given the fluff and doesn't force Riggers into Agility.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #508 on: <06-30-18/2008:50> »
I disagree with forcing the temporary Missions ruling on us without debate and proper clarification. I hope the errata team will do a detailed RAI debate there and adjust the RAW to not force every Rigger to stat Agility even in VR. AR Agility, VR Logic and decent info on when you need a sensor lock makes more sense given the fluff and doesn't force Riggers into Agility.

This is a perfect illustration of the problem. You can't create a Rigger and go to a game like Missions because you don't know how the GM is interpreting the rules for Gunnery. It needs an official clarification one way or the other. The majority of Agents I have asked about it say Agility in all cases except with a sensor lock (which happens to be what I believe as well).   
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #509 on: <07-28-18/2004:54> »

This is a perfect illustration of the problem. You can't create a Rigger and go to a game like Missions because you don't know how the GM is interpreting the rules for Gunnery. It needs an official clarification one way or the other. The majority of Agents I have asked about it say Agility in all cases except with a sensor lock (which happens to be what I believe as well).   

No way, if you're in VR, then you're doing everything entirely with your mind; your physical abilities shouldn't come into play at all.
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon