NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #315 on: <03-02-14/1149:54> »
I have a couple.  I did not read all 21 pages to see if they have been caught before.

1)  On page 211, Chapter "Rooftops and Rainbows" Line 15-16
A voice sliced over the comm. “Can the chatter, Badger Three.”
Should read:
A voice sliced over the comm. “Can the chatter, Badger Four.”
Since Coyote is Badger Three, as we see in the next column, and she answers to Badger 4 in the next page.

2) First paragraph on Page 299, end of section for Homunculus:
A watcher’s skills are equal to half the Force of the ritual (rounded up).
is clearly a copy/paste from the Watcher section earlier.  It should read:
A Homunculus' skills are equal to half the Force of the ritual (rounded up).

3) Conjuring Chapter on page 211 talkes about Spell formulas, and tells us to find the prices on the Magical Goods table on page 326.  When we go to page 326, we find prices for new Formula, but not new Rituals.  For example, what is the price for buying the formula for the "Homunculus" ritual?

Yes, I like the Homunculus for its ability to make a zombie for me :P and I read it very carefully :)
Thanks for making a great game...
« Last Edit: <03-02-14/1217:16> by TimTurry »

Escaso

• Newb
« Reply #316 on: <03-13-14/2300:45> »
Now that there's an official errata pdf out, what's the projected timeline for when the real book pdf will be updated?  In mid-to-late April I'll be starting a Shadowrun campaign and I'd like to buy an already-errated copy.  What're the chances of that happening, since electronic publishing is seeming to become more prevalent?  Or are we going to be sticking to the old days of any errors in the book will remain until a new edition of the book comes out?

Lanaya

• Newb
« Reply #317 on: <03-14-14/0021:59> »
Kinesics says it gives a bonus to resist assensing,  but assensing isn't an opposed test.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #318 on: <03-16-14/0811:13> »
((Easy enough to make it a dicepool penalty then, or make Assensing an Opposed Test resisted by purely Kinesics.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #319 on: <03-16-14/0848:40> »
((Easy enough to make it a dicepool penalty then, or make Assensing an Opposed Test resisted by purely Kinesics.))
"No, you roll 2 fewer dice." "He's an Adept or Mystic Adept."
"So 2 hits, that's... *roll* 1 net hit." "He's an Adept or Mystic Adept."

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #320 on: <03-16-14/1021:30> »
"No, you roll 2 fewer dice." "He's an Adept or Mystic Adept."
"So 2 hits, that's... *roll* 1 net hit." "He's an Adept or Mystic Adept."
(Or, just add to the threshold needed to discover anything about an Adept with Kinesics.. since, the power actually says to add +1 to the difficulty, and threshold is a form of difficulty.)
« Last Edit: <03-16-14/1023:03> by Agonar »
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

Lanaya

• Newb
« Reply #321 on: <03-16-14/1525:36> »
(Or, just add to the threshold needed to discover anything about an Adept with Kinesics.. since, the power actually says to add +1 to the difficulty, and threshold is a form of difficulty.)

((No it doesn't. "Add +1 to resist Social Tests and tests to read your emotions like... assensing.))

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #322 on: <03-17-14/0939:58> »
Hey guys, discussion needs to be in a different thread.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #323 on: <03-18-14/1333:54> »
pg. 303 Spirits of Beasts is the only spirit on pages 303-304 that does not have the Exotic Ranged Weapon skill despite having Noxious Breath as an optional power.  According to the Noxious Breath description on pg. 399 the Exotic Ranged Weapon skill is required to use the power.  Thank you.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #324 on: <03-27-14/1124:49> »
pg. 318, second column right above the focus table insert it states:

Regardless of the number of bonded foci you have, only one focus may add its Force to a dice pool for any given test.

This does not, however, clearly indicate whether it is intended that adepts be allowed multiple copies of foci for powers that affect dice pools such as mystic armor or combat sense.  Whether the intention was to allow qi foci to stack or not I believe a clarification of the rules is in order in this instance. 

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #325 on: <03-27-14/1742:35> »
I'm not arguing the matter with you at all.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #326 on: <03-27-14/2027:45> »
Oh, wow, somehow I thought that post had been in a different thread.  Sorry about that, my replay was inappropriate for the Errata thread; post deleted.

In any case, though, Errata is definitely needed there; I don't think there's a RAI issue with regards to qi foci, but there is definitely a potential issue with Counterspelling Foci, as with regard to your spell defense pool they're not adding their Force to a test, and thus you could technically stack them for that benefit.  That I'm fairly sure isn't RAW.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Tripweed

• Newb
« Reply #327 on: <04-02-14/1813:25> »
I have one question here, considering it wasn't in the errata form I saw.

In the cyberlimb section it says that all cybernlimbs have a strength and agility of 3.

Now this brings me to my question. Does this also apply for Orks, Trolls and Elves, considering they have a natural bonus to their statistics with agility and strength?
It wouldn't make much sense for a troll to get a cyberlimb if his default strength would be *lowered* by 2 points for example O_O
<b>ZANDATSU!</b>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #328 on: <04-02-14/2112:24> »
I have one question here, considering it wasn't in the errata form I saw.

In the cyberlimb section it says that all cybernlimbs have a strength and agility of 3.

Now this brings me to my question. Does this also apply for Orks, Trolls and Elves, considering they have a natural bonus to their statistics with agility and strength?
It wouldn't make much sense for a troll to get a cyberlimb if his default strength would be *lowered* by 2 points for example O_O

It's at 3; the base and maximum attributes of cyberlimbs are entirely unlinked from your natural attributes.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #329 on: <04-03-14/0358:59> »
((While yes, the maximum is unlinked from natural, it is not unlinked from racial maximum. However, the minimum is indeed unlinked. This means a Troll won't be able to get a max-Agi & max-Str cyberlimb at chargen, they can only afford a +8 while Str can go up 7 and Agi up 3 points. A Used Cyberlimb would be fine, though.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!