NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #285 on: <02-20-14/0539:54> »
Chem patch for 200¥ ? Same price as a Rating 10 Tranq patch ?

A Disposable syringe cost 10¥. The chem patch should have a 20¥ cost or something like that?

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #286 on: <02-20-14/0731:22> »
Archery Specialization:  Slingshot.

i didn't find any rule for slingshots.

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #287 on: <02-20-14/0743:46> »
i didn't find what action i have to use when firing a crossbow.
Neither a firing mode for crossbows. Or recoil stats.

i think it must be a SS mode, and a simple action to use it.

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #288 on: <02-20-14/0811:46> »
well, M. Jonhson have been a nice guy, so i want to make him cookies.

As a good french shadowrunner, i have the artisan skill cooking at 6.

So i open my cooking book, page 145 : Build and repairs rules....
"Building or repairing an object is an Extended Test that the gamemaster may decide requires certain tools or facilities." ok, i have the kitchen i my high lifestyle, that's ok.
"The gamemaster assigns a threshold and interval for the Extended Test using the Task Difficulty Threshold table and Extended Test Thresholds table on p. 48." ok, that's up to the GM too, i hope i will no take more than 2-3 hours to make some cookies.

So i suppose it's up to the GM to decide the cost of ingredients...
Maybe some basic lines could help.
repairing cost like 1% of the price of the item by case to repair?
building from scratch a well known item, with blueprint for half the market price?
creating a new item, after months on studies just to create the blueprint? are you insane? i'm a shadowrunner, not a corpslave!

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #289 on: <02-20-14/0915:37> »
Bows and crossbows : what accessories can i mount on it?
I would said top mounted accessories like Imaging scope, laser sight, or the Smartgun system.

but their is no reference about it i can find in the book.
Here is what I find in the book:
Quote from: Mount entry in the Gear Ratings glossary table p. 417
Projectile weapons can only take accessories designed for them specifically
Then there seems to be no accessory specifically designed for them...  :(
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #290 on: <02-20-14/1036:08> »
ok now i have my cookies, but i burned my outfit (yes a glitch)

So i need a new suit, but i'm low on cash, so i called my black market tailor... let's go P417
Cost: This is the base price a character must pay to buy the item. If the item is legal, this is the standard price found at stores or online.

What about paying less for a stolen stuff? you know, the everyday street business? the" fell off the back of a truck " items?

Note that rare and/or illegal items may cost less or more depending on certain black market variations (see (Il)legality, p. 419). Cost is also subject to local supply and demand, so the gamemaster should feel free to adjust it accordingly for certain settings.

False :  (Il)legality, p. 419) don't give  a clue.
But i find something about it in "black market goods" P418 :
I just have to make a Negotiation + Charisma [Social] versus the item’s Availability Rating test. And i can pay more if i want,
what about paying less?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #291 on: <02-20-14/1050:28> »
i didn't find what action i have to use when firing a crossbow.
Neither a firing mode for crossbows. Or recoil stats.

i think it must be a SS mode, and a simple action to use it.

You mean you didn't see this about loading on page 183:

Crossbows
Modern crossbows are equipped with automatic reloading devices to allow for faster firing rates (reloading doesn’t require a Ready Weapon action, unless you happen to be using a museum piece). Crossbows also feature internal magazines (m) holding up to 4 bolts. Available in Light, Medium, and Heavy sizes.

And you didn't see this about firing a bow on page 165:

Fire Bow
Firing a single arrow from a loaded bow is a Simple Action.  To nock a single arrow, the character must use the Reload Weapon Simple Action.

Crossbows follow all the same rules of bows, with the exception of their internal magazine.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #292 on: <02-20-14/1051:49> »
well, M. Jonhson have been a nice guy, so i want to make him cookies.

As a good french shadowrunner, i have the artisan skill cooking at 6.

So i open my cooking book, page 145 : Build and repairs rules....
"Building or repairing an object is an Extended Test that the gamemaster may decide requires certain tools or facilities." ok, i have the kitchen i my high lifestyle, that's ok.
"The gamemaster assigns a threshold and interval for the Extended Test using the Task Difficulty Threshold table and Extended Test Thresholds table on p. 48." ok, that's up to the GM too, i hope i will no take more than 2-3 hours to make some cookies.

So i suppose it's up to the GM to decide the cost of ingredients...
Maybe some basic lines could help.
repairing cost like 1% of the price of the item by case to repair?
building from scratch a well known item, with blueprint for half the market price?
creating a new item, after months on studies just to create the blueprint? are you insane? i'm a shadowrunner, not a corpslave!

ok now i have my cookies, but i burned my outfit (yes a glitch)

So i need a new suit, but i'm low on cash, so i called my black market tailor... let's go P417
Cost: This is the base price a character must pay to buy the item. If the item is legal, this is the standard price found at stores or online.

What about paying less for a stolen stuff? you know, the everyday street business? the" fell off the back of a truck " items?

Note that rare and/or illegal items may cost less or more depending on certain black market variations (see (Il)legality, p. 419). Cost is also subject to local supply and demand, so the gamemaster should feel free to adjust it accordingly for certain settings.

False :  (Il)legality, p. 419) don't give  a clue.
But i find something about it in "black market goods" P418 :
I just have to make a Negotiation + Charisma [Social] versus the item’s Availability Rating test. And i can pay more if i want,
what about paying less?

These questions belong in a different topic.  This isn't errata.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #293 on: <02-20-14/1120:31> »
You mean you didn't see this about loading on page 183:

Crossbows
Modern crossbows are equipped with automatic reloading devices to allow for faster firing rates (reloading doesn’t require a Ready Weapon action, unless you happen to be using a museum piece). Crossbows also feature internal magazines (m) holding up to 4 bolts. Available in Light, Medium, and Heavy sizes.

I have seen this, and it don't give me the answer. it just tell me "don't worry about reloading", not if firing is a simple action. Or if the weapon have a SA or SS firing mode.
And you didn't see this about firing a bow on page 165:

Fire Bow
Firing a single arrow from a loaded bow is a Simple Action.  To nock a single arrow, the character must use the Reload Weapon Simple Action.

Crossbows follow all the same rules of bows, with the exception of their internal magazine.
Yes firing a bow, not a crossbow.
I didn't see the "Crossbows follow all the same rules of bows, with the exception of their internal magazine." my bad. but i still can't find it in the book.

just saying, (cross)bows need rules clarification about their firing modes, recoil, and accessories. And maybe addind slingshots stats.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #294 on: <02-20-14/1124:55> »
You asked a question about the reloading step, which I answered.  You asked a question about the firing step, which I answered.  And you also spammed the errata thread with some questions that weren't about errata, but rather about rules clarifications that are ultimately up to the GM (as you mentioned in your own post).

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #295 on: <02-20-14/1137:34> »
Bows and crossbows : what accessories can i mount on it?
I would said top mounted accessories like Imaging scope, laser sight, or the Smartgun system.

but their is no reference about it i can find in the book.
Here is what I find in the book:
Quote from: Mount entry in the Gear Ratings glossary table p. 417
Projectile weapons can only take accessories designed for them specifically
Then there seems to be no accessory specifically designed for them...  :(
Smartgun systems mention they can go on projectile weapons (internal, I believe, since there's no mount for external ones).

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #296 on: <02-20-14/1300:02> »
You asked a question about the reloading step, which I answered.  You asked a question about the firing step, which I answered.  And you also spammed the errata thread with some questions that weren't about errata, but rather about rules clarifications that are ultimately up to the GM (as you mentioned in your own post).
i'm sorry if i bothered you with my questions.
I don't remember asking a question about reloading a crossbow.
I don't remember asking a question about firing steps. But about firing modes.
I spammed the errata thread with some questions that weren't about errata, in your opinion, again i'm sorry if i bothered you with my questions. I just wanted to separate the different problems i have found in the book, not spamming for fun.

Now i will stop arguing with you, i think it's not a thread for that.
I was thinking about helping the SR community,not wearing a target for flaming practice.
Good Bye And Thanks For The Fish.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #297 on: <02-20-14/1619:19> »
((If you're unclear about something, it's best to make a topic asking questions. Only when you confirm it to be a gap in the rules that needs fixing, would I advise posting it here.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #298 on: <02-20-14/1736:41> »
i'm sorry if i bothered you with my questions.
I don't remember asking a question about reloading a crossbow.
I don't remember asking a question about firing steps. But about firing modes.
I spammed the errata thread with some questions that weren't about errata, in your opinion, again i'm sorry if i bothered you with my questions. I just wanted to separate the different problems i have found in the book, not spamming for fun.

Now i will stop arguing with you, i think it's not a thread for that.
I was thinking about helping the SR community,not wearing a target for flaming practice.
Good Bye And Thanks For The Fish.

((The fact that they're questions means they don't belong in this thread, because this thread is for errata rather than questions.))
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #299 on: <02-20-14/1742:06> »
((What's the deal with the parenthesis? Does it make it easier for the errata crew to find the actual errata reports and questions in the FAQ thread?))
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal