NEWS

6e APDS Ammo

• 18 Replies

GuardDuty

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <09-02-19/2327:30> »
Actually, just in general for TTRPGs, it would be really useful to have a blank page for each section to record houserules.  That's a good idea.

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« Reply #16 on: <09-03-19/1137:54> »
Actually, just in general for TTRPGs, it would be really useful to have a blank page for each section to record houserules.  That's a good idea.
PDFs help here. I'm starting to make an annotated 5e PDF with notes added for my houserules, which I can then share with my players so we're all -- literally -- on the same page.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-07-19/1539:05> »
The better odds at Edge mean better chances to hit. Though houserules buffing it against Hardened Armor and Barriers make sense.

So let just take moment consider how very convoluted that first statement is. You're raising a value that has no direct effect on hit chance, to compare said value to see if it exceeds another value with a large threshold attached, to see if you could potentially gain a point of edge. Then that point of edge could possibly be spent (assuming you hadn't already hit edge limit, ether in use or in capacity), too maybe increase you're character's chance to hit. That's a lot of points of failure.  If it has to go through 4+ possible points of failure it's astonishing that such a concept can be taken seriously. If all that seems like it's worth a -1 DV in a system where damage is already considerably lower, then I don't know what to tell you.

In short S&S you didn't miss anything. Should you actually get 1 edge, it's never going to equal 3 dice to hit.

The house rule thing is just too much. When they get around to uploading the errata they are going to need to add bunch blank pages to the CRB so GMs can record all the house rules they have to implement to fix basic issues in 6e. 6e has become the do it yourself Shadowrun edition.

That would be nice, as I don't think they are going to final fantasy 14 this, though I think it may need it.

Trigger Lynx

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <02-15-20/1911:44> »
I ran into this problem while I was testing out the combat system. APDS ammo just isn't good, which is a shame as it's been a mainstay for as long as I can remember. Michael's optional rule is pretty good, but it doesn't totally encompass the function of APDS ammo. Negating 2 hits of Hardened Armor is nice, but it does nothing against "normal" armored targets, which objectively is the point of the APDS round. Just remove the -1 DV and it works the way the system and the ammo is supposed to (Attack Rating representing increased armor penetration).