NEWS

REG: New to Shadowrun an Tabletop RPG... Looking for online Shadowrun game

• 2 Replies

Nonverbalcarly

• Newb
« on: <04-13-20/0504:51> »
Greetings Everyone:

Heads up: I’m on mobile so please forgive any autocorrects (or lack thereof) in the below.

Hope this finds everyone well, my name is Carly and I am new to The world of Shadowrun and tabletop RPG in general. I was recommended Shadowrun by a family member and wanted to give it a try. Would anyone be willing or able to take a person who knows absolutely nothing but is willing and able to learn and who has the right tools (a PDF Copy of Shadowrun 5e on her iPhone, a dice roller app on iPhone, and plenty of time) and train them up to play shadowrun effectively?

I’m interested in forum-based shadowrun games as I’m mostly nonverbal and don’t have transportation to/from events and with the current worldwide health pandemic, it’s best if I stay home.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Edited to fix spelling issues
« Last Edit: <04-13-20/0507:02> by Nonverbalcarly »

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-13-20/0914:37> »
Hello,

First off welcome to Shadowrun! IMHO its a great game, but I am biased for sure. Though I am unable to run a game for you I thought I might give you a link to a resource that may help you out as this forum doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic of late.

https://shadowcasters.network/srmo/

This is a link to the SRM online were a group of STs have joined together to offer missions play online. Though they primarily use Roll 20 and Discord to play both have chat functionality for you to be able to use as well so you can join in. There is also a link to their discord on that page as well were a lot of Runners hang to talk about the game so you can get more questions answered in a timely manor or have a group of people to hang out with and learn more about the game.

Hope that helps.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Nonverbalcarly

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-13-20/1512:02> »
Hello,

First off welcome to Shadowrun! IMHO its a great game, but I am biased for sure. Though I am unable to run a game for you I thought I might give you a link to a resource that may help you out as this forum doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic of late.

https://shadowcasters.network/srmo/

This is a link to the SRM online were a group of STs have joined together to offer missions play online. Though they primarily use Roll 20 and Discord to play both have chat functionality for you to be able to use as well so you can join in. There is also a link to their discord on that page as well were a lot of Runners hang to talk about the game so you can get more questions answered in a timely manor or have a group of people to hang out with and learn more about the game.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so very much!  I have joined over on that community and we'll see how it all plays out.  I appreciate your time and effort in pointing me in the direction.