NEWS

Need Lockdown advice

• 3 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« on: <05-14-19/0155:22> »
Eventually I intend to do a Shadowrun campaign with SR6 where the players aren't told initially what city they'll play in. During the game I'll have them do a few runs for Smedley first, to get them into it. Then the trip comes to a building with 2 towers, and just as they want to cross it, a Dragon attacks the city and the Boston Lockdown gets ongoing.

If all is right, I got a copy or a link somewhere to all the chat from the game somewhere, so I can use that as well as the Lockdown book. But what other books should I study parts from to really work with what all happened in Boston and how to make the runners suffer through it?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <05-14-19/0249:29> »
I don’t think there’s not much else to be honest. I vague remember The Trog book having something about tuskers being increasingly rotated into the security teams watching the place but not much else

An idea would be to look into Chicago during the quarantine (Bug City) and just change adversaries.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <05-14-19/0927:40> »
I really can't think of much from other books that would be needed for Lockdown.

I do suggest getting a map of Boston, be it paper or a stored digital one, that you can mark up with locations and territories.  There is enough of an element of dealing with gangs and neighborhoods trying to hold on and so forth that the sense of geography is good, I think. 

Before you get into it, I'd put some thought towards how you intend things to end.  By books-as-written, by the time they get through the written adventures there is not getting out of the city for a few years.  If they survive the ending in a way that leaves them at liberty, do you just end the campaign there?  Do you keep running in locked down Boston?  Let them go through a bunkering up for the long run, and pick it up a few years later?  Open an escape hatch for them?  (I dropped Lockdown into an existing game, and didn't want to keep running there, so I opened an escape hatch for the characters -- but I'd set that up well ahead of time)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <05-14-19/0951:30> »
It's meant as a campaign of maybe two seasons at which point you have to get the data out. If the players at that point want to continue I would probably timeskip into a new campaign.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!