NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #105 on: <07-21-15/1444:56> »
So the question is indeed what happens if you acquire it, given it's not Delta-Grade, but it should probably count as part of the body.
Same question, different case: Would it cause damage if you use Immortal Flower?

Part of being a *Prototype* transhuman is that nobody knows the answers to that. Maybe it was on the list of experiments to run your handlers planned on doing. Feel free to experiment. Maybe buy your GM chocolates beforehand. And don't mention "Akira" at any point.

Also: Is the bonus from Redliner an Augmentation Bonus, or just an "Enhancement"?

I don't want to open by books, so are you asking if it counts towards/can be limited by the Augmented Maximum Attributes? If so, yes, it can cap. You cannot go over the Augmented Maximums.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #106 on: <07-21-15/1502:41> »
Thank you.  :D So if you replace all 4 limbs, you only need level 2 enhancement. ... Or is the +1 Bonus only for the limbs in question and the general body, so not another pair?
A second part of that second question is compatibility:
Given that the cyberlimbs now increase the physical stats of the rest of the body, they might be incompatible with bioware augmentations to the muscles.
I think that's different in the german version, but that shouldn't concern us here.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #107 on: <07-21-15/1528:04> »
Mmmmmmm..... I love a freshly opened can of worms.   ;D

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #108 on: <07-22-15/0003:51> »
I'd like a clarification on Centaur Limnal body:
When upgrading the Centaur body, does the character buy enhancements and customization for Agility, Strength, and Armor once or four times?

Just because some might argue the point: For the purposes of Redliner and Cyber Singularity Seeker, does Limnal Body count as having two limbs replaced?

Four legs, so you'd have to buy four upgrades, BUT, for Redliner etc, you have four limbs. So, a positive and a negative.

(Of course, you can also just leave the legs kinda middlin' and use the massive reserve of Capacity to load up with other stuff. Like hidden guns. Whee!)

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #109 on: <07-22-15/0053:40> »
So a Liminal Centaur body with full conversion (cyber arms, torso, and head) would be able to grab 24 points of armor on their body then?  Or would you say that wouldn't be the intent of how it's written and limit to the same amount of armor, just needing fewer other limbs/shells, to reach the 18 that was the limit before?

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #110 on: <07-22-15/0304:39> »
Ah, thank you for clearing those up; I did not expect the qualities to work out that way.

I'd like a clarification on Centaur Limnal body:
When upgrading the Centaur body, does the character buy enhancements and customization for Agility, Strength, and Armor once or four times?

Just because some might argue the point: For the purposes of Redliner and Cyber Singularity Seeker, does Limnal Body count as having two limbs replaced?

Four legs, so you'd have to buy four upgrades, BUT, for Redliner etc, you have four limbs. So, a positive and a negative.

(Of course, you can also just leave the legs kinda middlin' and use the massive reserve of Capacity to load up with other stuff. Like hidden guns. Whee!)
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <07-22-15/0951:16> »
So a Liminal Centaur body with full conversion (cyber arms, torso, and head) would be able to grab 24 points of armor on their body then?  Or would you say that wouldn't be the intent of how it's written and limit to the same amount of armor, just needing fewer other limbs/shells, to reach the 18 that was the limit before?

I'd keep the old limit of 18, yeah.

Still not happy with the current armor rules for Cyberware. I understand why we went with what we went with, but they bug me. :)

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #112 on: <07-22-15/2258:50> »

I'd keep the old limit of 18, yeah.

Still not happy with the current armor rules for Cyberware. I understand why we went with what we went with, but they bug me. :)

Considering it would take 6.25 Essence to get to 18 Armor using full limbs... not the actual problem. The problem is that Hands/Feet can have 3 Armor each... the solution is eloquently simple, just use similar restrictions as the Bulk Modification Table. *POOF* Problem goes away and you look like a genius for suggesting it.

Cyberlimb Enhancement Table
+1 Hands/Feet/Partial Skulls
+2 Skulls/Lower Arms & Legs
+3 Full Limbs & Torsos
+6 Liminal Body (this one is kinda tricky but that's cause I don't fully understand how it's supposed to work exactly which makes it hard to Balance.) Or a +8 total bonus for each kind of Enhancement..??? Kinda force them into Redliner at that point but they should probably already be taking Redliner for the Nuyen & Capacity savings regardless. While only going 2 higher on Armor than 2 full legs, small bones but definitely not game breaking for the sheer investment going Liminal Body requires.

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #113 on: <07-22-15/2334:26> »
That only matters if you go Standard Grade with no Biocompatibility (Cyberware)/Adapsin.  At Alpha and Biocompatibility it comes to 4.28.  But I do agree with your idea on limits for the armor.  As for Redliner we still haven't heard if it's supposed to push a cyberlimb (which already bypasses the normal Natural and Augmented stuff) to being able to get +5's to Agi and Strength with +3 Enhancements.  But with regards to armor I fully agree, would also give a reason to take a full Skull rather then a Partial.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #114 on: <07-22-15/2355:34> »
That only matters if you go Standard Grade with no Biocompatibility (Cyberware)/Adapsin.  At Alpha and Biocompatibility it comes to 4.28.  But I do agree with your idea on limits for the armor.  As for Redliner we still haven't heard if it's supposed to push a cyberlimb (which already bypasses the normal Natural and Augmented stuff) to being able to get +5's to Agi and Strength with +3 Enhancements.  But with regards to armor I fully agree, would also give a reason to take a full Skull rather then a Partial.

He said that it effects Natural & Cyberlimb Attributes... which was ambiguous in the book. But no where has it been even been hinted that it allows you to break the +4 Augmented Bonus Maximum which requires explicitly stating it does so. I'm not discounting the Essence reduction abilities but as I have been continually refining & Rebuilding a 4 cyberlimb character since Chromed Flesh was released as the Errata is being made more clear on this thread. You run out of nuyen FAST!!!!! I did build a full Adapsin/Alphaware build using the Cybersnob quality & while I do really like it... the Cyberlimbs are essentially shells since I can't afford to put anything in them. So yeah... there's more than just Essence limiting your build unless you don't want to be effective. Went back to 4 Used limbs for Nuyen savings & Availability Rating  (cause even Prime Runner 15 you hit walls even going Standard let alone Alpha.)
« Last Edit: <07-22-15/2358:46> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #115 on: <07-23-15/0011:59> »
Why wasn't an Augmentation Upgrade Path provided in Chromed Flesh like Magic Types got for their Foci in Street Grimore?

I've asked this before but it's a huge penalty to a Cybered characters Power Curve to rip out 10s of thousands of Nuyen in 'ware to get back 1000s while spending even more 10s of thousands of Nuyen to get new 'ware. It's pretty accepted on the forum that whatever 'ware you start with is pretty much the same 'ware you are going to be using for eternity. Going by the recommended pay scale in SR5. If ¥2000 counts as 1 Karma than every time you replace 'ware, then you are just hemorrhaging Karma to get an Upgrade. It's actually making your Character weaker not stronger by doing so. I understand that it's the Fighters role to get SHAFTED in every game system where they start out strong & quickly get surpassed on the Power Curve by Magic Types.... but giving them an even better Upgrade Path while continuing to punish heavy Augmentation Users is a bit rude really.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #116 on: <07-23-15/0029:22> »
While I totally agree that there should be some rules to allow ware to be upgraded for cheaper than selling your old stuff, that's not really relevant to errata and should be discussed in the Chrome Flesh topic in the product board or in the rules or gear forums.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <07-25-15/1905:57> »
The drug zone on page 184 was left off both the addiction table on page 188 and the availability/cost table on 189.  Zone is also missing from the consolidated availability/cost table on pp 234-235.  There is no consolidated addiction rating table at the back of the book so consider that an issue too.

On a side note and this may or may not be considered errata but what is up with the fact that about 3/4 of these  new drugs have an addiction type of both?!?  It is not too hard to build a character that can withstand addiction of one type or the other with some success but for both?  Just seems a tad harsh IMO.

PJ

• Chummer
« Reply #118 on: <07-25-15/2000:38> »
Page 71 the box on omegaware mentions used usually has 1.2 Essence cost.  Should be 1.25, unless cost for used is changed.

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #119 on: <07-25-15/2225:41> »
Biocompatibility is spelled wrong on the Qualities table page 55.
Sorry, I replaced 1/4 of my brain with a VCR, I only speak Rigger now.