NEWS

runners black book firearms

• 29 Replies

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-03-11/0653:37> »
Hmmm - I wonder if the local news stand has an issue I can peruse...
If your local public library is large enough it might carry it.  And almost every one of them carries one or more of the books.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <10-03-11/0939:31> »
If your public library is large enough...  And not Canadian.  Best firearms book I could find in mine ended at WWII.   ???
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #17 on: <10-03-11/1538:41> »
I shouldn't hold my breath checking out Australian public libraries, then...

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #18 on: <10-04-11/0006:23> »
If you want the recognition guides, try the usual spots: Amazon and E-bay. If you want the weekly, they have a subscriptions.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #19 on: <10-04-11/0117:14> »
Be warned, though - Jane's Weekly is targeted mostly at professionals in the industry. As such their subscription prices are kinda high. Like 500 bucks or so a year high.

-k

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #20 on: <10-04-11/0124:01> »
The books would be a lot more cost-effective, I'd think, despite being (I assume) more specific.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #21 on: <10-04-11/0623:58> »
Be warned, though - Jane's Weekly is targeted mostly at professionals in the industry. As such their subscription prices are kinda high. Like 500 bucks or so a year high.

-k

Well, I never claimed it was cheap.  8)

The books would be a lot more cost-effective, I'd think, despite being (I assume) more specific.

Very true, a friend of mine got the guide to aircraft, tanks/vehicles, special forces, ships, and a couple more for like $100 off e-bay as a package deal.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #22 on: <10-04-11/0642:39> »
I might see if I can grab an issue or two from the new stand, and if I like what I see, see what I can get book wise on eBay...

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <10-04-11/0701:34> »
Hi folks,

I understand that the Runner's Black Book contains new firearms compared to Gun Heaven, but are there other additions with respect to other pdf (MilSpec Tech, Deadly Waves, This Old Drone, Unfriendly Skies), be it new items or new shadowtalks.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #24 on: <10-04-11/0801:40> »
Hi folks,

I understand that the Runner's Black Book contains new firearms compared to Gun Heaven, but are there other additions with respect to other pdf (MilSpec Tech, Deadly Waves, This Old Drone, Unfriendly Skies), be it new items or new shadowtalks.
There has been some errata updates and they added a couple of reviews by Nightfire in the Shadowtalk.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-04-11/0943:52> »
For those thinking of Jane's, their online site is a 50% solution and will give you some idea of the print. jdw.janes.com

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-04-11/1545:05> »
Thank you FastJack, so the only new toys compared to the pdf serie are new guns.  :)

About guns, the gun heaven introduction is called "WEAPONS OF LONG HISTORY AND REACH"
Long history refers to old weapons, but what does reach means in this sentence. I do not believe it refers to weapons that can shoot far away, because not all new weapons fall in this category, but I do not understand.
Can you please help a poor french guy?  ;)
« Last Edit: <10-04-11/1548:16> by Carmody »

EmperorPenguin

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <10-05-11/0838:32> »
I think that 'reach' is being used in the same way that 'influence' would be.  The vintage weapons found in the book are so popular and influential that they "reached" down through the decades and are still in use in 2073.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #28 on: <10-05-11/1013:14> »
The Imperial Flightless Bird is correct.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-05-11/1025:25> »
ok thanks guys :)
That makes perfect sens, I was confused because I though that reach was qualifying the new toys whereas actually both history and reach refer to the old weapons.