NEWS

runners black book firearms

• 29 Replies

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« on: <09-23-11/2220:51> »

Anybody seen these and care to describe them?

-g
wdg

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-24-11/1120:22> »
I have and they're good??

Um, I've listed what they are in other threads, but if you're looking for someone to post the stats, then you'll be waiting a looooooong time.

Okay, here's the update:

I'm pretty sure it's been errata'd from the original PDF.
Comments from classic Shadowtalker Nightfire's been added in to give his "expert" opinion on items.
9 weapons added to the Gun Haven Heaven section:
  • TPP (light pistol)
  • Ultimax 70 (machine pistol)
  • AN-39 (assault rifle/grenade launcher)
  • Terracotta Arms DLW (sporting rifle)
  • M428 Grenade Launcher (grenade launcher)
  • Kriss X (submachine gun)
  • XM-629 OICW (assault rifle/grenade launcher)
  • Evington's Propelled Katana (think Tom Jane's Punisher's switchblade)
  • Izom Armaments RP-63A (machine pistol)

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-24-11/1529:37> »
By the way, is the runner's black book available in pdf? Could not find it on battleshop  :'(
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <09-24-11/1653:58> »
By the way, is the runner's black book available in pdf? Could not find it on battleshop  :'(
No.  DTF only.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #4 on: <09-24-11/1851:04> »
Only the partial PDFs:  MilSpecTech, This Old Drone, Gun Heaven, Unfriendly Skies, and Deadly Waves.  Last I heard, the compilation (RBB) would not be released as a single-volume PDF.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-26-11/0459:37> »
No.  DTF only.

Thanks, I found the answer in another topic in the mean time, sorry for the inconveniance.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-01-11/1906:39> »
More like 'what makes them stand out from 20 other light pistols and smgs'. Guess I'll be waiting a long time for that too.

*g
wdg

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <10-01-11/2059:16> »
The new weapons seem interesting with quite a bit of interesting fluff.  Where they really win compared to the rest of Gun Haven Heaven is in artwork.  As in, they look like actual firearms rather than Airsoft repaints or, um, whatever the other firearms are supposed to be (Can we have the artist pop on the board to talk about this, please, if we're polite?).  Oh, and a sword.  That shoots.

You can tell the lineage of the firearms in question if you look at them and know firearms history (One is obviously based off the Tokarev TT-30.).  The sword looks decent, and the one firearm that looks like an original design appears like something that I'd find in my copy of Jane's (The closest a Canuck like myself can get to a gun store.).

There's two machine pistols, two assault rifles (With a lot of bells and whistles), a grenade launcher, a sporting rifle (That looks like a sporting rifle!  Honestly, I want one!), a SMG, and the aforementioned sword (Basically a REALLY BIG Ballistic Knife.).  More calibers are mentioned in the fluff, which I like, but will just cause more confusion down the line in some other ways as well...

As for what makes them stand out?  Fluff, style, look...  It's all about appearance, man!  Some folks love how the Beretta M9 looks, while I prefer the hard edges of a M1911, and some folks are Revolver freaks.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #8 on: <10-02-11/0200:52> »
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a "Jane's"?

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: <10-02-11/0721:38> »
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a "Jane's"?

Jane's, aka Jane's Defense Weekly, is a publication label that looks at all sorts of military tech. Jane's Defense has put out a lot of guides about guns, vehicles, aircraft, ships, etc. It's a great reference guide for world wide military tech.
« Last Edit: <10-04-11/0001:59> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <10-02-11/1004:52> »
And widely used by the US intelligence community, so you know (or hope!) that it's pretty accurate.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <10-02-11/1202:50> »
Yeah.  I have the 1996 edition of "Jane's Guns Recognition Guide" as one of my reference books.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-02-11/1720:24> »
Cool. Well, now I know.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <10-02-11/1730:12> »
Jane's was the only civilian organization with an office in the Pentagon.  Not sure if they still have it, but they did at one time.

Unless it's cutting edge or top secret, they know about it.  Thing is, they post "Official" stats, so they're sometimes wrong on a lot of elements.  (Example:  If you look up the information on the infamous Bismarck, they're still listing the "Official" German statistics given at the time, which was massively underweight and size for it's actual build, as Germany was restricted from vessels of that size...  Or so a Navy Buff told me.  I get sea sick looking at ships.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <10-03-11/0547:18> »
Hmmm - I wonder if the local news stand has an issue I can peruse...