NEWS

Broken Eggs

• 30 Replies

Forged

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <02-02-12/1137:52> »
Well it looks like the SP thing stole the show, I didn't realize it was going to be a big issue. I know I could just veto characters after they have been revealed, but this way my prejudices were upfront, and any player could still make the character he wanted, but only if the rest of the party supported them on it. I know limiting character creation does not force better RP, but the SP acted as a team building exercise before the game began. It also made people talk about their characters before they were made and led to linking backstories etc.

Now here is the more important question for me.

If I dropped the SP would people actually sign up?

because so far I have not seen one person interested in playing except Sichr who doesn't like the policy enough to join. And a GM with no players is a sad Panda.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-02-12/1143:00> »
Well it looks like the SP thing stole the show, I didn't realize it was going to be a big issue. I know I could just veto characters after they have been revealed, but this way my prejudices were upfront, and any player could still make the character he wanted, but only if the rest of the party supported them on it. I know limiting character creation does not force better RP, but the SP acted as a team building exercise before the game began. It also made people talk about their characters before they were made and led to linking backstories etc.

Now here is the more important question for me.

If I dropped the SP would people actually sign up?

because so far I have not seen one person interested in playing except Sichr who doesn't like the policy enough to join. And a GM with no players is a sad Panda.

Sorry, but not me. The other restrictions including the bit about "surviving at the bottom" are deal breakers for me.  That phrase tells me an over emphasis on scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to nuyen, and that just isn't fun and makes one of the advancement routes nigh impossible (buying more/upgrading implants and equipment).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #17 on: <02-02-12/1207:14> »
Well.. I have an offer :)
If you want players to be kind of low level...rookies so to say...
Well Ive seen some PbPs, Chicago GMed by Kontact, or long time ago in Puyallup gang run BevielderBeast (who dropped them after initial meeting which was really tragic, because we fell in love with that setting), I`ve seen this approach:
300BP(or equal in Karmagen) , max. availability 8
Depending on your campaign idea...since low powered characters would hardly came from whole Seattle, more probably from one part, street or even block...can you point us to any location?

Not to forget:
I`m interrested :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-02-12/1226:47> »
Ah. So now I have idea what is Snowflake. Seems to me that deffinition is: stereotype incarnate
Well, don`t be afraid of such things :)

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #19 on: <02-02-12/1254:04> »
Well.. I have an offer :)
If you want players to be kind of low level...rookies so to say...
Well Ive seen some PbPs, Chicago GMed by Kontact, or long time ago in Puyallup gang run BevielderBeast (who dropped them after initial meeting which was really tragic, because we fell in love with that setting), I`ve seen this approach:
300BP(or equal in Karmagen) , max. availability 8
Depending on your campaign idea...since low powered characters would hardly came from whole Seattle, more probably from one part, street or even block...can you point us to any location?

Not to forget:
I`m interrested :)
gang run, oooohhhhhhh  :o i am interested too.
300BP and karmagen sounds perfect, but i am interested what forged has planed as well
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-02-12/1300:03> »
Hey!stop putting words into my mouth.
I didnt say anything about..
huh...did I?
I mean, that was just a reference from past, IDN what was on Forged`s mind :)

(not to forget Forged :D )

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #21 on: <02-02-12/1735:16> »
Yes, welcome to the forums, Forged. Personally, I'm not really in favor of an uber-low powered game. But then, I've also never understood the people who want to use the D&D variant that caps advancement at level 6. Why shouldn't the characters get the hell out of the gutters when they get the least bit of chance? So if its going to be a low-powered game, with the restrictions on the books you put up, I'd have to say I'll pass. But good luck with the game.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Spectre Zero

• Newb
  • Hack the Planet!
« Reply #22 on: <02-03-12/0001:16> »
If your still looking for players sign me up.

Wretch

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <02-03-12/0850:54> »
I'm interested if you are still looking for players.  I have a Samurai character I have been working on.
Winter: Broken Eggs, Smith: Gory Days

Forged

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <02-03-12/0926:01> »
So right now we have:
Wretch
Specter Zero
Kouryuu
Sichr

I'm going to wait until monday to finalize the team. Thanks for the interest guys!

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #25 on: <02-03-12/0931:29> »
So right now we have:
Wretch
Specter Zero
Kouryuu
Sichr

I'm going to wait until Monday to finalize the team. Thanks for the interest guys!
Until i see a clear set of rules and limitations, i am promising nothing, had made a char for similar occasion just to be attacked for not understanding what the GM wants to see.
until now i have not learned to read minds over the internet, so i would like an expansion of the rules - availability max, BP or karma Max any other limitations.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Halancar

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <02-03-12/1025:11> »
I'd be interested in playing too, even under your initial SP system.

Spectre Zero

• Newb
  • Hack the Planet!
« Reply #27 on: <02-03-12/2132:56> »
I was interested in playing either a human Hacker, or an Ork Sprawl Ganger. Though I am up to other options.

Forged

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <02-06-12/1130:23> »
Allright time for the cutoff. I will be making the OOC thread for broken eggs, there we will begin discussing characters, their relationships etc.
I have:
Wretch
Specter Zero
Sichr
Halancar

On the fence:
Kouryuu
I'm doing the standard 400BP I have the basic book + arsenal, augmentation, runners companion, street magic, and unwired. I don't know what you mean by availability max, and since I'm using the BP system, I assume Karma max is a moot point. Are you still interested or do you have more questions? Please message me if you do.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <02-06-12/1135:10> »
For standard character creation there is maximum availability 12 gear/ware allowed by rules.