NEWS

Deathwishjoe PBP game OOC/IC

• 110 Replies

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <11-05-11/0334:38> »
Mr Johnson waves the two of your away while I looks to drown his worry and lack of confidence in your combined abilities.  On your way out of the bar the Bouncer hands over your weap with a grunt.  As you walk to your vehicle or the street just beyond the parking lot for your cab ride You see a bunch of Punk kids all dressed in black and orange around Aideens van leaning against the vehile or there own motor cycles. 

OOC:  Aideen can roll seatttle gangs + Intuition to identify the young punks and Adelaide should roll both Underworld politics + intuition -1 and Her criminal yakuza + intuition -1 to find out the identity.

Theres about 6 of them and one of the punks looks over as the two of you approach.  He appears to the be the leader of this group.  "Hey fellas look at what we have here.  Looks like somebody missed the sign saying no pets allowed with out a leash" The other goons laugh at his lame joke and begin approaching the three of you. 

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <11-05-11/1018:43> »
seattle gangs + Yakuza + intuition (I didn't minus the 1) 7d6.hits(5)=4

Aideen stopped dead in her tracks and grumbled under her breath, so only Adelaide could hear. "Oh, great.  Just what we need, a group of dumb punks trying to pick a fight." She perks up her ears at the comment the leader said and smiled. "It looks like some kids need to be spanked by their mommies for being out past curfew." She called back as she planned to make a point with these kids.

OOC: I am not sure how to do it, but I will be activating the van's turret and launching the medium drone.  Intimidation at the point of a mini-gun is a good thing :3

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <11-05-11/1120:09> »
Underworld Politics + Intuition - 1 = 5d6.hits(5)=1
Knowledge (Yakuza) + Intuition - 1 = 4d6.hits(5)=1

Adelaide leered. "She's less a pet and more a living weapon." She subtly shifted her stance to a battle ready one.
The difference between genius and stupidity is Genius has its limits.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <11-07-11/0225:31> »
OOC: @ both of you.  The 6 punks happen to be members of the Halloweeners gang.  The holloweeners are a go gang or a motorcycle gang.

@ Aideen  This gang has a rough history but has built up a reputation of coming back from the dead (the gang not the members BTW) .  Despite brushes in with verious street players and being almost wiped out several times over the past several decades it has had one or two members survive and then rebuild the gang.  You expect the leader of this group of punks to more then likly carry some sort of flame based weapon in a sort of literal application of him carrying the torch for his fallen comrades that died during the last big fight this gang had with a rival gang which almost wiped them out.

Every body roll initative

initiative rolls for 5 grunts (7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2)

Leader of the gang (8d6.hits(5)=2)

OOC: so inititive for each of the guys is
Leader 10
Grunt 1 9
Grunt 2 10
Grunt 3 9
Grunt 4 10
Drunt 5 9

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <11-07-11/0722:02> »
Initiative 11d6.hits(5)=6

OOC: How in the hell did they all get nines and tens?

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <11-07-11/1742:46> »
OOC: they're on drugs. Also you take your roll and add the successes to total number of dice you rolled when rolling initiative.  So If my initiative is say 6 and I get 2 successes on my 6d6.hits(5) roll then my initiative is 8.  This means your initiative is actually 17 (11 + 6).  This is the only role in the game that I am aware of that is weird like this.  Just FYI

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <11-07-11/1906:23> »
OCC: oh ok, you have my roll then

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <11-07-11/2109:32> »
Adelaide's Initiative: 7d6.hits(5)=2 Total = 9
Ashitara's Initiative: 7d6.hits(5)=2 Total = 9

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <11-07-11/2147:16> »
OOC: Aideen your up.  what would you like to do?  Since you just got your gun back from the bouncer I guess we can assume you were still holding it rather then having it holstered.  Especially considering the general neighborhood.  Actions are broken down in the following manner.  right now you have 1 free action, a complex action and a simple action.  You can also give up your complex action for another simple action so you would have a free action and two simple actions instead of one of each action type.  The lists of things you can do with actions is shown on page 146-148 of the SR4A.  Personally considering the two of you are out numbered I recommend firing your weapon twice and maybe moving to someplace with cover.  There are a bunch of cars around you could find something for this.
« Last Edit: <11-07-11/2152:02> by deathwishjoe »

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <11-07-11/2157:28> »
OCC: I will take your advice.  And wait to activate the van and drone.

Aideen snarled and took aim at the leader. "Back off!" She yelled as she fired two shots at the leader and ran for the nearest car.

Pistols + agility 4d6.hits(5)=3
Pistols + agility 4d6.hits(5)=3
« Last Edit: <11-07-11/2215:19> by Kenshinjade »

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <11-07-11/2312:28> »
OOC: He glitched his reaction roll to avoid the shot.  You got +2 damage.  The Ares predator you have has 5p as a base and each net hit you score increases the damage by 1.  so 5P + 3P + 2 for the critical hit means 10P damage.  This is higher than his body so he’s knocked down. 

gang leader dodge (5d5.hits(5)=0)

OOC: He resist the damage with the ballistic score on his armor and his body.  each hit reducing the damage by one.  However his armor which is normally 4 is lowered by 1 due to the AP penalty given by your pistol.

leader damage absorption (6d6.hits(5)=5)

OOC: He takes 5 damage.  As the 5 damage fills up his first row of his damage track he takes -1 to all future actions except damage resistance.  This also lowers his initiative as well. 

Leader 10 -1 = 9
Grunt 1 9
Grunt 2 10
Grunt 3 9
Grunt 4 10
Drunt 5 9

Aideens second shot.  The gun has a smart link which grants a +2 bonus for shooting BTW.

shot at gang leader (6d6.hits(5)=3) 

Gange leader dodging -1 (4d6.hits(5)=2)

5P from your pistol + 1 net hit = 6 damage

damage resistence for gang leader (6d6.hits(5)=3)

OOC: this means he has a total of 8 damage and minus 2 to his actions.  Still alive but VERY hurt.

After two fo your shots The gang leader is on the ground in a  pool of his own blood trying to gasp for breath.

OOC: I’ll post the gangers turn is a few when I get a chance. Then it will be Adilaids turn
« Last Edit: <11-07-11/2342:27> by deathwishjoe »

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <11-07-11/2329:56> »
OOC: the Gangers both go and uss a simple action to quick draw there pistols.  Its a pistol skills + reaction and you need to get 3 successes in order to be able to fire with the same simple action.  If you have a quick draw holster you only need 2 successes.  they dont have them so it doesnt matter. 
quick draw attempt for ganger (5d6.hits(5)=1)

OOC: Failed

quick draw attempt for ganger (5d6.hits(5)=2)

OOC: Both failed.  One is shooting at each of you using s imple action to fire in the same initiative pass. 

Ganger pistiol shots 2 skill + 4 agility + 2 smart link (8d6.hits(5)=1)

OOC: Aideen roll reaction to dodge.  If you get more then one success then the hit misses otherwise roll Body + ballistic rating on your armor - 1.  By my calculations that should be 10 dice to resist 6 damage. 

ganger shooting adelaid (8d6.hits(5)=2)

OOC: Adelaid roll the reaction + 2 for your adept power and if you want to give up your next action you can add another 2 to your roll for the gymnastic dodge option.  otherwise its just reaction + 2. 

OOC: Then its Adelaide's turn and her pet. 

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <11-07-11/2342:42> »
Aideen dives behind the car, just as the shots wiz past her head.

body + armor - 1  11d6.hits(5)=6 total=5

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <11-08-11/0000:28> »
OOC: You'd only roll 10 dice actually but it doesnt change the number of hits you make.  if we drop off the last dice rolled it drops the total number of successes to 5 anyways.  Also I need you to roll reaction as well.  add + 4 dice to the ammount you roll BTW for good cover. 

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <11-08-11/0003:56> »
With a graceful back flip Adelaide dodges the bullet.

Adelaide: Reaction + Adept + Gymnastic Dodge: 7d6.hits(5)=3

Seeing her master in danger Ashitara rushes to take down the offending shooter.

OOC: I don't remember what stats I roll for an attack roll...