NEWS

Death Matches -- Feel free to post your matchups

• 37 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #30 on: <08-17-11/1105:51> »
The lower essence gives a bonus to magic in 3rd edition.

My GMs all ways said it's a penalty because there's less person to hit with mana
less person to hit, but less of them to resist the hit with as well. (thats my theory.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <08-17-11/1109:56> »
Yeah but the penalty/bonus isn't to the resist, it's to the roll to hit them all ways. Logically it works either way.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #32 on: <08-17-11/1235:08> »
tries desperately w/ final edge soak w/edge (10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=10) phew.  Lucky break. Only 2P.
I don't care if edge was spent, that result from (over)summoning a F10 spirit and facing 12P drain is pure awesome and deserves something nice.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #33 on: <08-17-11/2056:11> »
tries desperately w/ final edge soak w/edge (10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=10) phew.  Lucky break. Only 2P.
I don't care if edge was spent, that result from (over)summoning a F10 spirit and facing 12P drain is pure awesome and deserves something nice.

That whole exchange was like  :o :o

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #34 on: <08-18-11/0309:52> »
Luckiest mage ever. Came unbelievably close to pulling it off too.

As a side question, now we have Lofwyr and Hestaby's stats, how many of those 'borgs would it take to put a dent in a great dragon?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #35 on: <08-18-11/0338:10> »
Yeah but the penalty/bonus isn't to the resist, it's to the roll to hit them all ways. Logically it works either way.

IMO there was something to this topic in Augmentation, I just cannot remember exactly...BUT there surely was some catch for mages...

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #36 on: <08-18-11/0346:18> »
occult Investigator's invisibility attempt.  invis f3 (7d6.hits(5)=2) he gets two hits, yay.  He really wants to be immune to technological sensors though, so the throws some edge on the sucker. invis f3 redux (5d6.hits(5)=2) Bam!  Drain.  3S drain (8d6.hits(5)=4) soaked.  Running for the front door.

Poor Enforcer goes now.  What can he do?  He runs and runs sprint w/ wound (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3) That's how you do it, buddy.  Use them big old troll's legs.

Sprawl Ganger pauses a moment to admire his armor jacket, and how it fits without encumbrance.  This level of common sense carries over to knowing when to run.  He makes a break for his bike.  sprint gang (10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=4)

3rd Pass

Six starts to hack the rotodrones  hack (13d6.hits(5)=6) an auspicious start. firewall (4d6.hits(5)=2) 2/6 on stealth.

BT quickdraws his MGL-6 grenade pistol quick draw (13d6.hits(5)=5) and fires a frag grenade at the window.  fire at window (18d6.hits(5)=6)  18(f) damage Soaking with Armorx2 soak (16d6.hits(5)=5) 13P blasts through the window leaving a 1 meter hole.  People inside soak 16/2= 8P +5AP -1/m  Eco-Shaman 4+5+3 = soak (12d6.hits(5)=5) 3P.  Bounty Hunter soaks 4+5+8+1 = soak (18d6.hits(5)=7) no damage.  Second grenade is White Star.  Buying hits to put it in the room and airburst.  Placement is not particularly relevant.  Deadly smoke fills the room.  Eco Shaman, Bounty Hunter, Street Samurai, Technomancer, and Face are all affected.  3 more CT until the effect kicks in.  BT, moves back on the rooftop out of sight.

Street Samurai runs northward toward the garage to escape the smoke.  Her lungs and throat are burning.

Enforcer clutches his wounds and pushes his way out the front door, followed by the Ganger, Occult Investigator and a cloud of smoke behind that.  How bad are those wounds?  edge for serious wound (2d6.hits(5)=1)  could be worse.  After all, he's a tough bastard.

Turn 2!!

Would you hate me if I recycled all the initiatives?  I hope so.

There are, however, a few new buddies coming into the fight.

Drones!  D1,D2,R1,R2  drone init (7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2) so, 9,8,10,9

Smuggler now in her GMC Bulldog jacks in and goes full VR.

Six continues to hack Rotodrone 1 vis cast node crashes.  combat is paused

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #37 on: <08-18-11/0410:49> »
As a side question, now we have Lofwyr and Hestaby's stats, how many of those 'borgs would it take to put a dent in a great dragon?

Couldn't even get past the spirits guarding one.

Maybe a Mr. Lucky build with an Itzcóatl Gauss Cannon firing from 50 km up in the air.  Can't twist fate on a guy they can't see. 

Call a shot to bypass armor then go for a Longshot test with 8 edge dice.  Getting surprise shouldn't be too terrible hard in that situation, especially with magical backing.  Does raise a question in my mind.  Can combat sense be used to help you ambush someone?