NEWS

Gathering Interest - Messy Biz, A Low Moral 4A Campaign.

• 61 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« on: <04-18-11/1804:01> »
Let me be frank.

I've GMed three games IRL that have gone well. Two I wrote myself, One was Shadowrun Missions 3.

I've played in 3 Shadowrun campaigns, A long Seattle one I saw to the end (Orc Ghoul Mage), A Corp Court game I was asked to leave near the start (Human Combat Mage) and a World Wide game that was cancelled  (Face/Perception Adept).

I'm in a number of PbPs here, a lot of you have at least seen me around I'm sure (Rigger/Technomancer/Deranged Ganger Face/Adept).

I've got access to the main books, Manhattan stuff, Runner's Toolkit, Attitude and a couple other things but no money to buy anything else.

I'm no literary genius, I don't like typing a lot in one go. I don't do big sweeping descriptions well, I try to keep my posts short and to the point (I'm failing here).

But I want to run a Game.

I don't know Seattle well, I know Manhatten much better, I'd like to set this game in Seattle though for simplicity.

This is a low morals game, you will all immediately realise the types of ideas it's based on partway into the first run, I feel it's something quite natural for the 6th world though and I want to experiment with it.

You don't have to play a runner with low morals but I don't like entrapping players per se. Offer me up a way or quality to keep your character in the game if you want to roleplay the true struggling with their morals and these jobs. Please don't resort to turning on the Johnson in the short term, by all means plan to topple him in the long run but don't suddenly swear bloody vengeance and disappear into the night unless you're leaving the game. If you're in the game I expect you to work towards the horrible goal each run.

400BP + 15 Karma, Seattle, Full Team - Face, Sam, 'Trix, Adept, Mage, Rigger.
Background/Lifestyle/Race is no problem, Metavarients are no problem, SURGE is no problem, HMHVV is no problem. If you're a drake you better be hiding it and you better be prepared for the Johnson's reaction. No Non-Metahuman Metasapients though, No AIs, No Free Spirits or sprites..

The Johnson will still hire you if you or a contact can GUARANTEE your trails get covered. His business is thriving because no one knows about it yet unless he wants them to.
Stealth will be very handy but so will anything that gets you in and out inconspicuously, Social Engineering, etc.

Medical background isn't a -must- but at least one of you better be a biotech, first aid/medicine/cybertech will be a must for the team, whether split between you or with a dedicated medic.

If everything goes to hell, don't worry, you'll just be referred to a separate "branch".

I've run out of things to say, so here goes.

Current applicants:

Okay, wading through some applications now

Players:             
Xzylvador           Face           Silk
Redwulfe           Hacker       IO
Kouryuu           Rigger          Andromeda
Artighur             Medic             Hank
Ten-Hex       SupportMage     Still Waters
GrimWulf         Gillette             Noise
Kontact             Adept          Little Joe   

Reserves
Cato                   Sam             
mdp                  Adept             

I'd have taken you all if it wasn't PbP

I RUN NEW X 3 FOR ATTRIBUTE ADVANCEMENT SO SPEND THAT KARMA APPROPRIATLY
« Last Edit: <04-23-11/1927:48> by Chrona »

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-18-11/1818:31> »
I'll throw in interest. Not sure what I'll play yet.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #2 on: <04-18-11/1824:20> »
Low morals: you mean, will kidnap kids without blinking, as long as the pay is right and it doesn't harm (or could even help) her professional reputation?
I'd like to apply with Silk, the nicest person you've ever seen, unless you're a mindreader!
That is, as long as Low Morals does not equal "blowing up shit that doesn't need to be blown up" and other stuff that's terrorism instead of shadowrunning.
She will get payback on anyone who even potentially harmed her reputation as a professional.

I know I'm using her in another run... It's just that she's my favorite character and I'm not sure myself how far she's really willing to go. I'd like to try to get to know her better.

For those who don't know her: she's a Face character.
« Last Edit: <04-18-11/1828:48> by Xzylvador »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-18-11/1827:15> »
As much as Silk scares me shitless... she's good for this work.

Cato

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-18-11/1827:42> »
I'm interested, if you don't mind someone new.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-18-11/1829:54> »
I'm interested, if you don't mind someone new.

I don't mind, I'll be looking over characters anyway and I honestly don't know much about Seattle... ^^;

electricblue109

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-18-11/1919:15> »
Im Interested as well, as long as you don't mind someone new to online RP.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-18-11/1922:07> »
Im Interested as well, as long as you don't mind someone new to online RP.

No problem, just take a look around

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-18-11/1926:58> »
I'm interested as well. I would like to continue my build on IO my mystic adept hacker.

Just need to finish him.

If you want I compiled a 30 page legality handout for newyork? Just pm me with your email addy, if your interested in taking a look at a it.
Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-18-11/1933:47> »
Mystic adepts will be heavily scrutinized by me at char gen

electricblue109

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-18-11/1935:05> »
I've played either rigger or hacker in previous games, and since Red's looking at hacker, is a street sam a possibility?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-18-11/1935:45> »
Sure

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <04-18-11/1937:11> »
If someone already has hacker covered then I'll post interest as an adept infiltration assassination expert.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-18-11/1944:08> »
Sounds good, keep em coming

Artighur

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <04-18-11/2028:18> »
I'm interested, I got a Medic almost done building (actually re-re-building).