NEWS

Don't use Uber for rides

• 23 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <01-24-15/0059:41> »
And I live in the Los Angeles area; just recently had a guy lift me out in the middle of freakin' South Central.

Sounds more like DocWagon HRT than a taxi.  :P
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-24-15/1544:55> »
And I live in the Los Angeles area; just recently had a guy lift me out in the middle of freakin' South Central.

Sounds more like DocWagon HRT than a taxi.  :P

What about those Z zone taxis they list in the old 4th ed core book? Do they have a name or is the company literally Z Zone Taxis
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-24-15/1838:48> »
ROFL I dunno if they need a name.  I think the name is "Hurry up and jump in!"  :P

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

farfromnice

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <02-06-15/1136:08> »
inthesetimes.com/working/entry/17598/robert_reich_the_sharing_economy_more_like_the_share_the_crumbs_economy

this will be my two bit on the question

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-06-15/1159:14> »
inthesetimes.com/working/entry/17598/robert_reich_the_sharing_economy_more_like_the_share_the_crumbs_economy

Absolutely none of his blog entry contains hard facts.  "A healthy cut" and "almost all" are not facts, they're opinions.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-06-15/2115:57> »

Absolutely none of his blog entry contains hard facts.  "A healthy cut" and "almost all" are not facts, they're opinions.

+1

also would you mind adding some [ url ][ /url ] tags to that web address? Copy paste is so 2014 ;)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-09-15/0223:45> »
Sorry for the double post but i just had to share

Everything Wrong With Uber

farfromnice

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <02-09-15/1201:35> »

also would you mind adding some [ url ][ /url ] tags to that web address? Copy paste is so 2014 ;)

Yes, will do in the futur. I was thinking it was automatic ... anyway

But the point he made (in the no Url link) is interesting, after all we are "selling" our free time in a sort and we are paying a healty cut to the third man (in that case Uber) with all the others think you don't get (health assurance and all)

you could be a libertarian and be Ok with that but I feel that Uber is working to maximize is profit without giving a share to the user (of is program) and I'm not sure that is a good way of making turn the economy

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-09-15/1406:11> »

Yes, will do in the futur. I was thinking it was automatic ... anyway

But the point he made (in the no Url link) is interesting, after all we are "selling" our free time in a sort and we are paying a healty cut to the third man (in that case Uber) with all the others think you don't get (health assurance and all)

you could be a libertarian and be Ok with that but I feel that Uber is working to maximize is profit without giving a share to the user (of is program) and I'm not sure that is a good way of making turn the economy

No one is forced to sell their free time.  They get paid what they get paid, and if they want more they should demand more.  And if Uber ever went public with its stocks, then the shareholders become those that make the profit, so the Uber drivers should strongly consider investing in their own business.  Actually, that's a sound strategy in any business.  Invest in your company so that you have more say, and so that you make more money off your labor.