NEWS

Favorite Low-Lethal Weapon?

• 20 Replies

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <03-04-19/0158:26> »
The best knockout weapon I discovered was in the Neo Tokyo Missions: a pistol crossbow loaded with with Static Shaft S&S bolts, a bit expensive but pretty much will do the job in one shot as they start at 12DV(S) and -5 AP.

DANG, that is potent & probably very fitting for NTM.

Seems like an obvious end-run around Japan’s laws regarding firearms. So the Gamemaster in me wants to throw dice at you, but the Libertarian in me wants to salute your ingenious effort to subvert the law without actually doing anything illegal.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <03-04-19/1108:51> »
My favorite low-lethality weapon is actually a spell. Petrify (and spells based off it) offers a quick way to drop someone out of a fight and keep them there until you stop concentrating. Get a cart and some ID as an artist, and you can even move someone through the sprawl in broad daylight, claiming that it is an art piece and you're taking it to a client.

Of course, the permanent version I made back in 4e is also 'technically' nonlethal, in that the person never died, but it did make for an excellent assassination tool.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-04-19/1133:56> »
The best knockout weapon I discovered was in the Neo Tokyo Missions: a pistol crossbow loaded with with Static Shaft S&S bolts, a bit expensive but pretty much will do the job in one shot as they start at 12DV(S) and -5 AP.

DANG, that is potent & probably very fitting for NTM.

Seems like an obvious end-run around Japan’s laws regarding firearms. So the Gamemaster in me wants to throw dice at you, but the Libertarian in me wants to salute your ingenious effort to subvert the law without actually doing anything illegal.

Dart, Squirt, and Gas guns (from SL) all have a whole lot of increased appeal in Neo-Tokyo.

Given the preponderance of Tasers (and SnS ammo), Nonconductivity is also more appealing in N-T than in other sprawls.  Oh so nice to do other-than-electrical nonlethal damage :)
« Last Edit: <03-04-19/1135:43> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-04-19/1139:18> »
If there was any earlier discussion, I missed it so please excuse the stupid question - whatever happened to/with the HERF gun?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #19 on: <03-09-19/0113:37> »
...indeed, totally acceptable as it isn't a firearm and the bolts only do stun.  The downside is it's expensive, 1,000¥ for 20 bolts and it is single shot, so if you have a mediocre pool chances are you're target will dodge unless you get the drop on them.  Very effective when you hit though.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #20 on: <03-13-19/1301:48> »
Eh, I play mundane high-Edge sams anyway. =)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!