NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <07-05-15/0617:02> »
...Karma / 10?
That base rule is shenanigans anyways.
Play 15 runs, and your social limit might as well not exist. I don't think this was thought through either way.
I mean, what happens when your character has reached 300 Karma? Is he routinely targeted by great dragons?
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <07-05-15/0803:14> »
...Karma / 10?

Play 15 runs, and your social limit might as well not exist. I don't think this was thought through either way.
I mean, what happens when your character has reached 300 Karma? Is he routinely targeted by great dragons?

No you should be doing some shady sh*t to then buy off the Notoriety. Like selling children in human trafficking or burning down an old folks home so the Corp can buy the property for cheap. Where's the fun if you aren't doing some morally ambiguous  (or not ambiguous at all) actions to get ahead??? If all you are doing is Hooding but the GM is still throwing piles of Nuyen at you... what a complete waste of the setting in a Dystopia Future where even the good guys are the bad guys. We are robbing, kidnapping, & murdering people but you never get Notoriety? That's a campaign problem not a mechanic problem.
« Last Edit: <07-05-15/0808:07> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #32 on: <07-05-15/0825:20> »
Some people aren't comfortable to play that kind of games. Offing adults is fine but once you throw in kids many back out. SR ain't as dystopic as Cyberpunk. It wants to be in many ways but rarely reaches that level of human abuse
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <07-05-15/0834:24> »
Some people aren't comfortable to play that kind of games. Offing adults is fine but once you throw in kids many back out. SR ain't as dystopic as Cyberpunk. It wants to be in many ways but rarely reaches that level of human abuse

Again Campaign Problem not Mechanic Problem. If you never do anything bad then you never have anything to use Street Cred on as he was saying was broken. It takes 3 runs to counter 1 bad one... something that you use your Street Cred to get a pass on, since every one has to some Business once in a while. But even counting regular runs... it's still Robbing, Kidnapping, & Murder. If a run go sideways and you gotta shot your way free... that should get you a point of Notoriety, for causing a scene. Unless the Johnson wanted you to do it messy... in which case you are still getting the Notoriety. I have complained a lot about the Rules. But we need to be clear if it's an actual Mechanic problem as opposed to how the Mechanics are being used, or under to not being used at all in specific campaigns.

******I only used the kids thing (and even scaled it back by omitting a word between child & trafficking, cause this is not a fully mature site) for shock value to prove the point about the Runs that are actually being done everyday in that world. Change the Mechanic if your campaign doesn't account for doing some messed up behavior. This is Shadowrun not Hooding.*****
« Last Edit: <07-05-15/0844:08> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <07-05-15/0932:09> »
Notoriety exists as a measure of untrustworthyness of a character, including unplanned massacres and the like.
It's more a mark of being unprofessional or psychotic than what many of us would describe as "evil".
Child-trafficking or directly working for Tanamous or a Dragon qualifies, once, but if you specialize in wetwork and you're good at it, no notoriety will ever come from it.

Edit: Wait, this doesn't really belong here.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <07-05-15/1158:53> »
...Karma / 10?

My main point was the interaction of those specific disadvantages.  Admittedly, anyone pulling that should be smacked with a rulebook, but, still it's a simple change to correct to the original intent. 

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <07-05-15/1236:34> »
Pg. 55 Redliner

Does this rraise your Natural Attributes or Cyberware Attributes? I thought it was Natural as a way to shore up Movement & Physical Limit for fully Cybered Characters. But others are saying they think it's for the Cyberlimbs themselves. If it is for Cyberlimbs would this give a total bonus of ,+5 with the Str/Agi 3 Enhancement?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <07-05-15/1307:21> »
Until now I thought I'd plain be for everything, like a magic buff, but that's a damned good question.
And is it subject to the augmented maximum?
I mean, technically, cyberlimbs are not.

@Post below: Never interpreted it that way. It says R 2 and 3 offer an extra die, not that R3 offers one over R2.
« Last Edit: <07-06-15/0627:50> by UnLimiTeD »

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <07-06-15/0200:23> »
pp 84 Move-by-wire description

Each Rating point of a move-by-wire system adds +1 Reaction and +3 Initiative (making it +4 total to Initiative).  Rating 1 move-by-wire does not offer any additional Initiative Dice, but Rating 2 and Rating 3 offer +1D6 Initiative Dice, meaning Rating 2 offers +2 Reaction, +6 Initiative, and +1D6 Initiative Dice, and Rating 3 offers +3 Reaction, +9 Initiative, and +1D6 Initiative Dice.

There appears to be a conflict between the description of the equipment and the summary of each rating's effect.  Either the description should clarify that level 3 does not offer an additional +1d6 initiative or the summary needs to be corrected. 

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <07-06-15/1124:11> »
pp 84 Move-by-wire description

Each Rating point of a move-by-wire system adds +1 Reaction and +3 Initiative (making it +4 total to Initiative).  Rating 1 move-by-wire does not offer any additional Initiative Dice, but Rating 2 and Rating 3 offer +1D6 Initiative Dice, meaning Rating 2 offers +2 Reaction, +6 Initiative, and +1D6 Initiative Dice, and Rating 3 offers +3 Reaction, +9 Initiative, and +1D6 Initiative Dice.

There appears to be a conflict between the description of the equipment and the summary of each rating's effect.  Either the description should clarify that level 3 does not offer an additional +1d6 initiative or the summary needs to be corrected.

Didn't notice till you brought it up in the over thread since I read it once and just became disinterested. But now that I have... it says Rating 2 and 3 offer +1d6, as well as the example. It looks pretty clear that you only get +1d6 for a Rating 3 as well.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <07-06-15/1223:53> »
Quote from: Chrome Flesh page 191
The base duration for customized drugs is 10 x 1D6 minutes. The base vector is Ingested, and the base Speed is 3 Combat Turns. These can be changed with Enhancers, as listed in the Available Enhancers table. The costs and Addiction effects of Enhancers are in the Customized Drugs Cost table.

The "Available Enhancers" table on the same page lists the following:
Ingestion Enhancer
Adds Ingestion as a Vector

I suspect that the base vector should be Injected instead of Ingestion.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <07-06-15/1316:56> »
Quote from: Chrome Flesh page 191
The base duration for customized drugs is 10 x 1D6 minutes. The base vector is Ingested, and the base Speed is 3 Combat Turns. These can be changed with Enhancers, as listed in the Available Enhancers table. The costs and Addiction effects of Enhancers are in the Customized Drugs Cost table.

The "Available Enhancers" table on the same page lists the following:
Ingestion Enhancer
Adds Ingestion as a Vector

I suspect that the base vector should be Injected instead of Ingestion.

I already got that one on here too...

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <07-06-15/1319:43> »

Modular Connector & Modular Cyberlimbs

« on: Today at 13:11:18 »

QuoteModifyRemove

This is confusing me on how these all work together & interact with each other. Questions I have...

#1. Could I get the Modular Connector Shoulder for .3 essence and connect a Cyberlimb to it for free? That seems broken.

#1b. Do I have to buy the Modular Connector Shoulder & a Modular Cyberarm for a total of 1.3 Essence to be able to swap arms?

#1c. Do I have to pay an essence cost to have a Modular Connector for a partial arm in a full arm?

#2. Do I have to buy the Full arm with it's -3 Capacity to use a Modular Partial Arm? Does that mean I have a modular Connector at each part (shoulder/forearm/hand)? It appears from a different issue about them in the Errata thread that each Modular Connector is supposed to take one slot. But I guess that's 1 capacity for each side, I guess... not sure.

#2a. Can I buy a Full Arm with only 1 Modular Connector in it for just using the Partial Arm swap? Thereby reducing the Capacity to -1 from -3?  Or just have a Modular Connector at the Elbow for 1 Capacity?

#2b. If I buy a Modular Full Arm does that mean I can fit a Forearm or Hand on it? Can I have 2 separate parts to be able to swap around between different Forearms & different hands?

#3. It says that the Lower Arm takes up [10] Capacity... from the Arm Total. How much is then available for it to use? The same as a lower arm(10)/leg(12)?

#4. Do I have to keep Agility/Strength Enhancements in each part?

#4a. Do they stack across different pieces? Like have a +2 in the upper arm & +1 in the lower arm for a +3 total?

#4b. Why was no mention made about the maximum bonus provided? Augmentation Maximum doesn't apply to Cyberlimbs. While I don't enjoy hardcover books flying at my head, so I wouldn't do it but putting a +3 Agility in Hand/Lower Arm/Upper Arm for a +9 total is perfectly within RAW at this point.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <07-06-15/2027:49> »
From the same thread as the above, though I hope I could somewhat answer part of that, I now have another related question:
Can you bulk up every single part of the chain?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-06-15/2147:45> »
I'll try and cover the modular bits on Wednesday. The short form is that modular parts reduce the capacity of the arm significantly, which in and of itself *should* have made the issue moot, but, armor slipped through. I'll have to get that corrected in the official read.

A modular limb with removable parts has teh overall Capacity lessened by the removed part, plus a tad more for the modular connector. A full modular arm which has 15 capacity that has a modular elbow will then have this setup:

FULL ARM - Capacity 2
LOWER ARM - Capacity 10

If you add a modular wrist to that, you get:

FULL ARM - Capacity 2
LOWER ARM - Capacity 5
HAND - Capacity 4

If you have a partial modular limb with a modular wrist, you get:

LOWER ARM - capacity 3
HAND - capacity 4

Any upgrades you take on the "higher" part of the limb "flow down" to the rest. Thus, if you take +2 Str on ther Upper Arm, that strength boost 'flows down' to the rest of the arm. This applies to Agility and Armor as well (Thus, Rating 3 Armor on the upper arm 'flows down' to the rest of the arm.)

You don't have to buy the "higher" upgrade for the lower, but this also means that you can't stack upgrades (+3 Strength upper arm, +3 more lower, +3 hand, I AM AN ARM-WRESTLING GOD!) ... they're already "there", so you can't add more.

The main use of a modular limb is to switch out parts. You might have a gun hand with an Agility boost and a gyro-stabilizer, a 'melee hand' with a handblade and a strength boost, a flamethrower hand (because that's just cool), and a synthetic hand for socializing. (Yes, synthetic parts can be modular, but they're clearly not going to pass for the real thing when you've switched them out for a tool!)

If you just take a modular joint (Shoulder, elbow/wrist), then, yes, you lose Essence for the limb that attaches to it, but that whole limb comes with standard Capacity, instead of the modular versions which have a little less. In return, you pay a lil' more Essence. (Thus, if you take a Modular Shoulder and a CYberarm, you gave up 1.3 Essence, but your limb has a full 15 Capacity, rather than the reduced level a Modular limb would.)

So, modular joint + limb = more 'power' at a greater cost, modular limb = less powerful but less Essence.

Hopefully, this makes it more clear? If not, keep the questions flowing.