NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1230 on: <01-12-20/1741:20> »
Quick note for those interested in upcoming errata...JMH confirmed on FB over the weekend that they're looking to have an update PDF out this month. He was asked if there was any in re a reprint of the CRB but he did not have any info on that front.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1231 on: <01-13-20/2028:02> »
Some new enhanced fiction just dropped:

Adversary, by Rusty Zimmerman:

Listen Carefully

They say everyone’s got a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other, giving them advice and trying to influence them. Well, in the Sixth World, the angel’s drunk in a gutter somewhere, and the devil Just. Won’t. Shut. Up. What’s worse, three-quarters of the time, that devil’s advice sounds downright reasonable and even moral compared to the drek the powers of the world regularly preach.

Jimmy Kincaid’s got a devil on his shoulder in the form of Adversary, his mentor spirit, but he’s always prided himself on his ability to put himself in danger all by himself. A simple stakeout with the goal of shaking some alimony out of a delinquent ex becomes much more complicated, and Kincaid finds himself going up against people who don’t need devils on their shoulders, because they regularly surround themselves with people worse than any demon.

Adversary is enhanced fiction for Shadowrun, Sixth World, featuring a new short story plus game rules, including a new mentor spirit and stats for Jimmy Kincaid’s custom ride.

DTRPG

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1232 on: <01-17-20/1820:23> »
And...Cutting Black has dropped:

TOTAL DARK

Voice scream in the darkness. Voices of the lost drift through the night. Their sound is despair, sorrow, and terror. The noise grinds at your soul, but only thing worse than listening to the chorus of pain is joining it.

The world is changing. Desperate times require desperate measures, and the ground beneath your feet will shake when those measures are meted out. Hold on, buckle up, and try to survive. Parts of the world are cutting to black—so keep your guard up, be prepared, and don’t let the dark consume you.

Cutting Black is a campaign book to help launch players and gamemasters into Shadowrun, Sixth World. With breaking news and world-shaking events, it provides material to carry players through months of games. If they can survive that long.

DTRPG

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1233 on: <02-04-20/1025:28> »
Haven't seen an announcement here yet, so I'll just point out that a new Shadowrun novel, Shadow Dance by Aaron Rosenberg, is available in ebook form on Books2Read, and in paperback from Amazon. They don't have it the Catalyst store yet, which seems odd.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1234 on: <02-04-20/1033:31> »
Haven't seen an announcement here yet, so I'll just point out that a new Shadowrun novel, Shadow Dance by Aaron Rosenberg, is available in ebook form on Books2Read, and in paperback from Amazon. They don't have it the Catalyst store yet, which seems odd.
Also on Drivethrufiction https://www.drivethrufiction.com/product/301213/Shadowrun-Shadow-Dance

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1235 on: <03-29-20/0118:13> »
Curious if we have heard anything new on Firing Squad?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1236 on: <06-11-20/0459:25> »
So now we have Firing Squad ( ;D), does anyone know if there's been any announcements about the order of future core books to be released? 
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1237 on: <06-11-20/0546:21> »
The Jackpoint section suggests magic, iirc? But I don't recall any announcements on intended order myself.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1238 on: <06-11-20/0950:11> »
I think he might be looking for a "State of the Game" address for Shadowrun, much like the one Catalyst put out two days ago for BattleTech detailing 40+ releases in the next 3 quarters.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1239 on: <06-11-20/1010:21> »
If such a thing existed for SR that would be great... can live in hope I suppose  :o ??? ::) ;D

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1240 on: <07-09-20/1428:08> »
I saw on the Shadowrun sub-Reddit that two new pdfs just dropped on drivethrurpg:
- Krime Katalog (dual statted 5th/6th)
- Shadow Stock: Ingentis Athletes (troll NPCs and 6th ed. rules for troll variants)

In the preview of the rpg for the latter I noticed a box saying:

"Welcome to Shadow Stock!

Shadow Stock is a new line of PDF products for Shadowrun: Sixth World that provides a group of NPCs built around a common theme as well as new character options connected to those characters. So whether you're a gamemaster looking for new NPCs to introduce to a campaign or a player exploring new options, this line has something for you!
"

Interesting that there was no advanced tease, and no heads up about the Shadow Stock line.

ETA: no jackpoint page (or table of contents) for either of them, so no 'here is the official in game date' update from that.  I've only looked at the preview pages so far, so don't know if there is more date hints inside.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1241 on: <07-09-20/1713:02> »
I picked these up... I like the idea of meta variants being in mini sourcebooks like this

adzling

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1242 on: <07-09-20/1729:23> »
"I like the idea of meta variants being in mini sourcebooks like this"

Why?

This seems a naked cash grab as now you have to buy a ton of small, relatively expensive books to get all the meta-variant options instead of you know, doing what shadowrun has always done and place all the metavariants into a single book at a lower total cost?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1243 on: <07-09-20/1800:47> »
I picked these up... I like the idea of meta variants being in mini sourcebooks like this
Especially combined with some NPCs. Shame it's a Troll book though, I want to put together a nice Ork Street Sam with Krime tools. o,o
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1244 on: <07-09-20/2246:55> »
Glad to finally see the Krime Katalog in the wild at long last!   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11