NEWS

Run & Gun errata is available

• 36 Replies

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« on: <09-23-14/1816:38> »
Run & Gun errata is up.

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2014/09/run-gun-and-street-grimoire-errata-is-happening-now/

As mentioned in the blurb, it's a living document.  It's also worth noting that a distinction is made between FAQ issues and errata.  So whether or not a light pistol can take a side mount is something for the FAQ; a wholesale change to repair costs is errata.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #1 on: <09-23-14/1836:55> »
I like the buff to PI-Tac. Level 1 can actually be gotten at chargen. Level 2 is reasonably priced to be able to actually obtained during play, and Level 3 is kind of out there, but that's for Prime Runners anyway.

I like the new ammo types, and the removal of the weird complex burst fire rules on some guns.

Sadly, the Mono Sword's stats are still the same. For only being 100¥ cheaper then a katana but 2 accuracy worse, that makes the Monofilament Sword a no brainer. No brainer as in, you'd have to have no brain to buy one when you can get a katana. I was kind of hoping they'd at least give it better armor pen or something.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #2 on: <09-23-14/2031:57> »
Finally ammo costs for flamethrower ammo!  Shame it's unobtainable during character creation.  And yeah holy crap, PI-Tacs can actually be feasibly acquired now.  That's great news.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-23-14/2042:32> »
Thank you for the errata sheets. Will these be worked into the pdfs as a downloadable update at some point in the future?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-23-14/2044:11> »
Thank you for the errata sheets. Will these be worked into the pdfs as a downloadable update at some point in the future?

I honestly don't know.  I'll send the question up the flagpole.  Since errata is a living document, it may be tricky to update the texts with each iteration.
« Last Edit: <09-23-14/2047:07> by Kincaid »

JimmyCrisis

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-23-14/2302:26> »
Thank you for the update, however:

Gyrojets!  The listed affects and availability for the ammunition is wrong.  They read like Stick-N-Shock (electric damage), but the standard gyrojet is an explosive round (which seems to be factored into the damage code for the gun).  Also, the availability of the gun is only 12, but at 14 availability I can't even start with any ammo.

Also, why can't you bring in the alternate gyrojet ammos?  There's only like two mentioned:  Gyrojet Plus, which is an armor-piercing round, and Gyrojet trackers.  It's a simple matter to plug it back in, just make them a higher availability.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-23-14/2319:55> »
It seems weird that they took the time to write in 'whoops, we forgot gyrojet rounds' then went through all the special ammo actions and went 'there are no gyrojet rounds in the book, so remove it from this list!'

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <09-23-14/2334:01> »
The gyrojet being obtainable but its ammo not being is a little funny, but it's the same way with flamethrowers and the Thunderstruck (as it requires a solid projectile and a laser energy pack).  Oh wait, they changed the Thunderstruck to something more expected.

Ah, and they changed the Shadow Block example, removing any uncertainty I had about Dodge being unable to be used on ranged attacks.

Can someone explain how Bull's Eye Double Tap works now? If I'm using a Cavalier Deputy with APDS, it has -5 AP, would it increase it's AP to -8?  Wanna make sure I've got it right.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #8 on: <09-23-14/2342:30> »
Can someone explain how Bull's Eye Double Tap works now? If I'm using a Cavalier Deputy with APDS, it has -5 AP, would it increase it's AP to -8?  Wanna make sure I've got it right.
I can see it being read -7 or -8. I think maybe -7 is intended? (-1 x 3) + (-4) I can easily see how it could be read as a separate increase added to the base AP. I guess the way I see it is, what would happen if you just fired one bullet (like a regular SA or SS shot)? It would be (-1 x 1) + (-4) or -5 as would be expected. I dunno, it harkens back to the question about the Improved Ability maximum cap.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-23-14/2347:27> »

Sadly, the Bullseye doubletap does not match the Missions FAQ correction. But the way it works is like this. 
According to Errata Cavalier Deputy has a base AP of -1.  If you fire a doubletap, you can add an increase to the AP equal to base AP (-1) multiplied by the number of bullets (x2) up to a maximum modifier of 3x base AP.  So, -1 AP base + -2 additional AP = -3 AP, which is 3x the base.  Then you add in the additional -4 from APDS, for a total of -7.

According to Missions FAQ, which I like better, is that the base AP (-1) is increased to Base AP x number of bullets (2), to a base of -2, then you add in the additional -4 for APDS for a total of -6.

I still think the penalty for the shot should be higher though, and use a higher penalty in my games,

[EDIT]  Hmm, after reading it again, it still sounds like with a 3 round burst, you would increase the base AP by APxBullets, to a total of APx4.  It says "with a maximum modifier of x3, but it doesn't clarify if that is the maximum modifier that gets added to the base AP, or if that is the maximum modifier of the total.  Yeah, still badly written.
« Last Edit: <09-23-14/2358:33> by Agonar »
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-24-14/0618:02> »
I say this simply as someone reading the errata document who didn't submit anything related to the Bulls-eye Double Tap, but I read it as being the same as the Missions FAQ.  (Base Weapon AP)(Number of Bullets) with a max value for (Number of Bullets) of 3.  Ammunition-related AP would be added after the fact.  So the head shot I did on the earth elemental last weekend in the CMP with my Ranger Arms for -19 AP would still work. (-5)(3)-4.

Zwischenzug

« Reply #11 on: <09-24-14/0906:25> »
Bulls-Eye Double-Tap/Burst still completely invalidates the purpose of the Thunderstruck. I wonder if this is intended?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-24-14/0913:11> »
Well, you do get a -4 on the dice roll with the called shot.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <09-24-14/0929:54> »

I honestly don't know.  I'll send the question up the flagpole.  Since errata is a living document, it may be tricky to update the texts with each iteration.

Much appreciated...really nice to see this document and the updated status on SG. I'm guessing they will incorporate the errata into the PDFs at some point, but likely not less than annual intervals (ie core rulebook). Would love to see them more often, but suspect simply not the resources to update very often.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-24-14/1017:00> »
Well, you do get a -4 on the dice roll with the called shot.

Yeah, to make a Bulls-Eye Double Tap shot with any degree of reliability using a sniper rifle, my character needs to use Edge, which obviously limits things.  If we're talking about snipers who can drop four dice without concern (so probably a starting pool of 20+), we're getting fairly niche.  There's also the issue of action economy, which really cannot be overstated.  Snipers need to spend a Complex Action to pull this off while Halo troopers can use a Standard.

Updated pdfs will happen and will also incorporate things like typos, which will almost assuredly involve some extra layout work (I'm assuming).  With other things in the pipeline, the TLDR answer would be, "Yes, but not next week."