NEWS

Who are new masters of the matrix ?

• 10 Replies

Seras

• Chummer
« on: <10-10-18/1856:19> »
It says in the basic rulebook ( and Datatrails) that NeoNet was the driving force behind the new matrix GOD. now that they have collapesed, who is the new big guy on the block ?

My guess would actually be Renraku, since they are the software/ Data managing kings.

Who is your money on ?
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <10-10-18/2048:20> »
Renraku is a good guess. They already do a lot of data/software work, so there's that. Plus, they're the least objectionable of the other choices. Going down the others of the big 10 (including Spirad, since they get JRJ):

Ares - Not really known for their stellar matrix abilities. Plus, they've got bug problems, and while the general public may not know that, you can bet that the megas know, or suspect.
Saeder-Krupp - Everyone remembers how Lofwyr 'saved' the European Matrix by installing kill switches in everything that he could activate at a moment's notice. No way the megas allow SK to have that much sway. Also, Spinrad would object like hell.
Wuxing - Not enough Matrix assets to really make a play for it.
EVO - Monad and TM associations = NO
Aztechnology - Hahahaha. No. No way they put the people famous for stealing anything that isn't nailed down in charge of the Matrix. Also, Horizon would object like hell.
Horizon - No way the put the experts in subliminal messaging in charge of the Matrix. Also, Aztechnology would object like hell.
Spinrad - Too new to the club, former NeoNET assets not a recommendation, SK would object like hell.
Shiawase - Too out in the open for them, and their matrix resources aren't something they're really known for being a leader in.
MCT - Their tech is top of the line, but SK will object like hell, since they knocked them off as #1 in the world. They're #1, so the others won't be keen on giving anything more to them, either.

Of all the Big 10, Renraku is the only one with the tech, expertise, and lack of major objectionable material.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #2 on: <10-13-18/2005:58> »
Nobody, per se.  The Matrix is everyone's playground; it's also everyone's battleground, as much as any other marketplace.  That said, NeoNET (and Fuchi before them), Renraku, and MCT have for a long time been the Matrix Three; MCT has always been third fiddle, with Fuchi/Novatech/NeoNET and Renraku tossing the ball back and forth between them.  With NeoNET gone (I have GOT to catch up on this stuff), Renraku claims the 'best corporation in the Matrix' title more-or-less by default.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3 on: <10-13-18/2243:18> »
Nobody, per se.  The Matrix is everyone's playground; it's also everyone's battleground, as much as any other marketplace.  That said, NeoNET (and Fuchi before them), Renraku, and MCT have for a long time been the Matrix Three; MCT has always been third fiddle, with Fuchi/Novatech/NeoNET and Renraku tossing the ball back and forth between them.  With NeoNET gone (I have GOT to catch up on this stuff), Renraku claims the 'best corporation in the Matrix' title more-or-less by default.

Neonet as a company is dead, but all that was Neonet is not gone.  The actual break ups and dealing is summarized in Dark Terrors (maybe not the most obvious spot to look?).  "Fifteen years after being forged from the crash, Novatech, Erika, and Transys-Neuronet went their separate ways"  Two of those divisions got off free from sanctions from the corporate court, and had been matrix powers in their own right before the merger.  The remaining piece, Novatech, sold off pretty much all its non-matrix assets to pay its fines ... but is described in Dark Targets as "...one of the top matrix outfits in the world, even if the Corporate Court downgrades them to A or AA." 

There is other corporate goodness in that section as various Villiers scheme and scramble and deal with other parts of the court rulings, with Spinstorm becoming at least a temporary AAA out of it all -- there is a real variety of stuff in that book, some of it apt to interest most people.

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-15-18/1705:22> »
Strange to not have a Matrix corp in the top ten.
I guess one of the NeoNet survivors is now the best one, even if they are not AAA any more. If you want a mega then my vote also goes to Renraku.

At least until the next Matrix version comes out (unless the hints have been a red herring).

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-16-18/0735:58> »
What about whoever designed and built the Foundation?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #6 on: <10-16-18/0957:22> »

That gets covered some in Kill Code.  And it wasn't so much 'designed and built' as 'happened and was cultivated.'

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <10-16-18/1441:52> »

That was in the end Danielle de la Mar and while she is influential, she is just a single wealthy and well connected person who relies on others to implement her ideas.

One could even argue that she lacks the technical expertise to build a matrix if the story about how the 5E matrix came to be is true.
« Last Edit: <10-16-18/1444:04> by Ixal »

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-18-18/0744:21> »
Oh right . . . it was Dodger, plus others.

Seras

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <10-20-18/1536:42> »

Ares - Not really known for their stellar matrix abilities. Plus, they've got bug problems, and while the general public may not know that, you can bet that the megas know, or suspect.
Saeder-Krupp - Everyone remembers how Lofwyr 'saved' the European Matrix by installing kill switches in everything that he could activate at a moment's notice. No way the megas allow SK to have that much sway. Also, Spinrad would object like hell.
Wuxing - Not enough Matrix assets to really make a play for it.
EVO - Monad and TM associations = NO
Aztechnology - Hahahaha. No. No way they put the people famous for stealing anything that isn't nailed down in charge of the Matrix. Also, Horizon would object like hell.
Horizon - No way the put the experts in subliminal messaging in charge of the Matrix. Also, Aztechnology would object like hell.
Spinrad - Too new to the club, former NeoNET assets not a recommendation, SK would object like hell.
Shiawase - Too out in the open for them, and their matrix resources aren't something they're really known for being a leader in.
MCT - Their tech is top of the line, but SK will object like hell, since they knocked them off as #1 in the world. They're #1, so the others won't be keen on giving anything more to them, either.

Hahahaha ...thanks man ! That describtion of the megas is just hilarious  !

You just made my weekend !
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Seras

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <10-20-18/1537:57> »
Yeah Renraku then it is  ;)