NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1260 on: <11-29-11/1910:13> »
ok, posted in the IC thread, sorry I thought people were posting rolls and such in the OOC thread

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1261 on: <11-30-11/0258:05> »
Ive just noticed that I didnt roll for audio perception, Inca, pls feel free to roll for me, I dont expect any miracle but it would be complete.
Besides
I have 3 drones attached to my PAN. one of them that flying dragonfly, two nicrocrawlers hidden in pockets etc. One of them posess UWB radar.
Questions:
1) Since drones posess sensors and clearsight SW, should I use them as +1 for team test, instead of rolling for every separate one? For example in case of that Dragonfly,for visual and audio perception, others would not have any relevant LOS.
2) What about that UWB radar...IDn if it adds to perception rolls, and IDN if it adds to Drones perception or my perception, resp. would I be able to link this UWB to my visors?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1262 on: <11-30-11/1249:36> »
@Everyone: 

I"m gonna let it slide this time, but just remember that you have to be careful about reacting IC to stuff that's metagame info.  So for example, if I ask for a surprise roll, just assume that you can't take any more actions until combat has begun.  If I just ask for a perception roll, then there's nothing I can really do to stop you from reacting with your character with the request for a roll, but try to stay as "in character" as possible.  The character doesn't know that dice are being rolled, so if I didn't post anything in the IC thread, just the request for a roll shouldn't be the cause of one of your actions.  It's hard to enforce this but it's something to keep in mind. 

But with the surprise roll or request for initiative, just assume you can't take any actions out of initiative.  So for now i'll just assume you're reacting to the crash

@Sichr:

I said to roll the larger of audio/visual/smelling dice pools.  I'll roll for your drones.  His radar just allows him to ignore visibility modifiers.  I'm just gonna roll straight perception for them and then an intelligence test to see if it knows well enough to alert you. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1263 on: <11-30-11/1339:29> »
ok.
And sorry about that, the reaction was assued to avalanche, well there have been week or more of silence so I didnt see the reason to post, even if I thought about it. Had also another PbP thats running pretty tight and I was just in powersaving mode for UB. Next time it will be done as asked.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1264 on: <12-01-11/0443:38> »
Also,, sometimes Ill just made my rolls when i got home, narative part I may fill in pauses during the job, so if there is some "only rolls" post maybe something will come later.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1265 on: <12-01-11/0909:54> »
@Sichr:
I believe your counterstrike is only level 1, not 2, but it doesn't make a difference in your last roll. 

@Thermo:

Yeah, you can use edge to reroll if it's before the action has moved on...i.e. before i have posted.  Since you asked this time just use it as soon as you're able to. 

« Last Edit: <12-01-11/0911:25> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1266 on: <12-01-11/0916:12> »
@Sichr:
I believe your counterstrike is only level 1, not 2, but it doesn't make a difference in your last roll. 

@Thermo:

Yeah, you can use edge to reroll if it's before the action has moved on...i.e. before i have posted.  Since you asked this time just use it as soon as you're able to. 

Opps, my fault..

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1267 on: <12-01-11/1213:07> »
Thunderhead is frozen stiff, but I can still cast LOS spells, and I can't react directly to anyone just yet. Can I summon (with the -1 penalty)?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1268 on: <12-01-11/1310:58> »
So if I wanted to attack the Creature that just attacked me and missed, would I have to engage in a blind fight test? or are you just saying I can't attack it period? I understand that it had surprise on me which is why it attacked first, but despite that I think I should at least be able to react to it now that it's pass is over and it's still standing in front of me. my point being if I can still see it, I should be able to attack it especially since B1 is still within melee range of me and will get a free attack if I do try to move out of said space with it . I'm going to bed now, but I'll try to post tonight. hopefully I'll have an answer by then?
« Last Edit: <12-01-11/1318:07> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1269 on: <12-01-11/2323:52> »
@Teyl:
You can attack it but you'd have to wait until your next initiative pass.  It surprised Brick and Brick hasn't gotten his bearings yet as to what's going on.  In game terms for the first IP you can't react to or attack something that surprised you.  So you're still basically like "what the fuck was that"....this could be explained a variety of ways, but the bottom line is you can't attack it until you're next action phase.  Let's just say it's still behind you and you need to whip around to really see what's going on.  In a 3 second combat turn, this action takes about a second if you've got wired reflexes.

Now, one thing you could do is delay you're 1st IP's action phase until the 2nd IP, but then you'd give up you're 2nd IP's action phase.  Since the 1st IP would technically be over then you could attack B1 and this would happen before it attacked you. 

Thermo

• Omae

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1271 on: <12-02-11/1036:45> »
RAW you need only to concentrate and whole lot of dancing and chanting and other things are just theatre for the bystanders. That is, unless you have some Geas on that...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1272 on: <12-02-11/1131:19> »
Yeah, but i'll impose a -1 to your conjuring just like to your spellcasting.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1273 on: <12-03-11/0209:25> »
Pretty sure I just auto hit B2. With the -5 to reaction and Barghest's having 6 reaction, my net hits exceed by one his ability to escape getting hit. the only question now is if it's for 7P or 8P.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1274 on: <12-04-11/0855:04> »
off to germany for 3 days. I hope Ill be able to post but thats unsure. See you later guys. and dont let yourself killed ;)