OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1215 on: <11-09-11/1935:52> »
Here's the write-up

"Frank"
Frank's relationship with Tolan goes back to when Tolan first entered the Mitsuhama program. Frank was a chemist assigned to the project, recruited to research the possibility of Technomancers' being able to trigger explosives with their abilities without needing a detonator. During his time with the project, Frank became close to the subjects of the program and began to feel sympathy towards them, seeing the treatment they recieved. Frank began forming a closer relationship with Tolan when Tolan managed to break loose while being transfered and seriously injure the program's director before being restrained. The director and Frank were not on friendly terms, Frank charitably describing the director as a "pompous, inhuman ass." From that point on, Frank began sneaking food and other treats to Tolan. Frank also managed to secure time to talk with Tolan one-on-one, ostensibly for research, and Tolan's education in chemistry began as a way to occupy his mind.

As Tolan grew, his friendship with Frank as one of the few friends he could count on grew stronger until Frank decided he could no longer abide by what the project was doing to the subjects. Frank began sneaking Tolan basic components to make explosives and gradually helped Tolan construct a device. That device was the key to Tolan's freedom. After his escape, Tolan got back in touch with Frank and the two have kept a close friendship ever since. Frank opted to go into the army after Mitsuhama, finding a place with the army's EOD unit.
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1217 on: <11-10-11/1410:39> »
Thunderhead is going to spend the remainder of the day in his library researching the flower he agreed to find for Hatcher

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1218 on: <11-10-11/1422:57> »
Was my guy able to get me both the Commercial and the Plastic or is this an either-or kind of thing?
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1219 on: <11-10-11/1423:54> »
He got you both of them.

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1220 on: <11-10-11/1439:35> »
Sweet! Alright, once I get back home with my new toys, I've got some buildin' to do!

What I basically want to construct is a small IED that will sit in a pouch on the front (facing away from the wearer) of the backpack. It'll be wired up such that if someone opens the backpack without disabling the pull wire first, the bomb goes off. This will be a shrapnel producing weapon.

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1221 on: <11-10-11/1509:31> »
Well omae, I have only short range weapons...sold my FN HAR on my way to seattle for gas. So if you are able to get me some riffle, it would be very nice of you. Also...some gas and IR gass grenades would be nice to have, do you know where to get some?

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1222 on: <11-11-11/1539:42> »
Thunderhead is going to walk to the local Stuffer Shack and pick up some outdoor gear, in between reading all he can about exotic and awakened flowers. He'll pick up the following:

Survival Kit (100)
Rations x20 (100)
Sleeping Bag (75)
Tent (75)
Camouflage Netting x10 square meters (100)
Backpack (250)

for a total of 700 nuyen

subtracting that from starting money of 1700 leaves Thunderhead with 1000 remaining cred

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1223 on: <11-14-11/1844:20> »
You can retroactively say what you did up until the point we're at right now, 2hours before you leave Seattle.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1224 on: <11-14-11/2154:36> »
Just gonna post my gear list again.

Brick is packing these weapons for personal use.
Panther AC with 5 clips of AC rounds (95 rounds)
Ingram smartgunX  with 80 stick and shock/80 Exex/80 APDS ammo
Combat Axe, Karmabit and shock glove.)

Other gear to be brought:
Backpack,
Trama patch
stim patch rating 6
Medkit rating 6
Flashbangs (bought 2 60Ą) x4
(bought 2 for 60Ą)  Smoke Grenade x4
Rations x8 bought for 40Ą (It doesn't specify how much you get per "rations" p.53 Arsenal, so I'm just counting it as a single meal per.)
survival kit (rations, compass, knife, matches, lighter, thermal blanket.)
smart canteens
Armorers toolkit

Brick will also pack his HK XM 30 for zach to use while we're on our nature walk per his request.  Brick will reset the normal grip so that Zach can use it. (should I even make an armorers test? Because that's like changing out a screw and switching out the grips. would only take like 2 minutes.)

Unless Zach has anything he needs from Brick, I'm ready to go.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1225 on: <11-15-11/0345:13> »
-- Teyl, your char creating madness is needed at char creation thread!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1226 on: <11-15-11/0512:25> »
...just the question to IC: 2K is 2000, she offers AK97 for 200. This is intention or mistake?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1227 on: <11-15-11/0914:50> »
...just the question to IC: 2K is 2000, she offers AK97 for 200. This is intention or mistake?
intentional is my call, but you'd be better off with my rifle anyway so why spend the nuyen?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1228 on: <11-15-11/1032:32> »
intentional is my call, but you'd be better off with my rifle anyway so why spend the nuyen?

jup, Ill take it if I can. thanx Teyl

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1229 on: <11-15-11/1157:44> »
Lol. Whole point of my offering of it. :P Use your money to get ammo instead. ;D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm