NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1155 on: <10-21-11/0254:46> »
Yeah, he's good to go, just two things:

- In gear, you have "kit"....what kind of kit is that?
Basic roll-up toolkit

-You don't seem to have any type of comlink which means you don't have anywhere to store data, because technomancers have no storage capacity.  This is also good as simply a decoy commlink so that the world doesn't suspect you of being A. a shadowrunner, B. a technomancer.  Since you've got simsense, then you don't need subvocal mic and earbuds so you're cool there.
I'll pick up 2 disposable commlinks, that's all I can afford currently. Dropping the Chem Lab, mic, and earbuds to redistribute the funds from it.

-You don't have any type of Fake SIN in order to broadcast a SIN.  You want your biometrics attached to some SIN cuz this can't be spoofed on the fly.  You could spoof someone else's SIN number, but then the biometrics attached to that SIN would obviously not be the same as the biometrics being read by a scanner and you'd have a problem.  You also don't have any licenses for your restricted stuff which is fine but be ready to get in trouble if you're caught.
Picked up a R4 Fake SIN and Licenses.
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1156 on: <10-21-11/1142:14> »
@Socinus:

Well with the kit you state what active skill the kit is for.  So you'd buy Automotive Mechanics Kit, or Industrial Mechanics Kit, or Armorer Kit etc....  Just to make it simple they make all Kits, Shops and Facilities cost the same but you have to choose which type of kit it is when you buy it.  So for the set of tools you showed me there, I'd call that an Automotive Mechanics Kit.  This means for doing Automotive Mechanics Skill you wouldn't get the -2 Inadequate tools modifier.  Other than that technicality then you can just use the individual tools for whatever you want. 

You probably want a Demolotions Kit though since that's your only technical active skill. 

Are you also sure you don't want to buy any explosives and detonators?  It's really useful to have and otherwise you couldn't really use your Demolitions skill.  If you ever wanted to rig explosions using your grenades you'd be a lot more limited in what you could do and you might even be entering territory of Armorer Skill which you'd have to default on.  Take a look at the pg. 325 SR4A and also the Advanced Demolitions section in Arsenal. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1157 on: <10-21-11/1224:50> »
Are you also sure you don't want to buy any explosives and detonators?  It's really useful to have and otherwise you couldn't really use your Demolitions skill.  If you ever wanted to rig explosions using your grenades you'd be a lot more limited in what you could do and you might even be entering territory of Armorer Skill which you'd have to default on.  Take a look at the pg. 325 SR4A and also the Advanced Demolitions section in Arsenal.

While I would say if he knew his chemistry he wouldn't necessarily need professional grade explosives, for instance all you need are a few house hold products as well as some other commercially available products that can be used to make explosives, (NONE of which will list here.) Especially if he's specialized in making improvised devices. However you are right to insist on detonators. You need at least SOME kind of pressure/heat/mixture to kick off an explosive event. could be something as simple as a road flare on a propane tank, or a magazine in a toaster to get a flame, but you'll always need something to kick off the jams so to speak.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1158 on: <10-21-11/1359:31> »
yeah, but he doesn't have a Chemistry skill so he only knows how to work with pre-made materials.  Detonators would have to be bought but they could potentially be improvised.  The explosives section in Arsenal is cool but almost funny in the amount of calculations it has you do.  I'd understand all the calculations in a game where distances are very exact and explosion rules were a little bit less qualitative.  But in UB things will be mapped out a little more exactly so explosion rules should be pretty exact and any lee way will then be up to GM ruling. 

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1159 on: <10-21-11/1428:02> »
@Socinus:

Well with the kit you state what active skill the kit is for.  So you'd buy Automotive Mechanics Kit, or Industrial Mechanics Kit, or Armorer Kit etc....  Just to make it simple they make all Kits, Shops and Facilities cost the same but you have to choose which type of kit it is when you buy it.  So for the set of tools you showed me there, I'd call that an Automotive Mechanics Kit.  This means for doing Automotive Mechanics Skill you wouldn't get the -2 Inadequate tools modifier.  Other than that technicality then you can just use the individual tools for whatever you want.

You probably want a Demolotions Kit though since that's your only technical active skill.
A lot of the tools for various kits would overlap and be basically the same thing, that's why it was just a basic tool kit.

If it has to be for a specific skill, I guess Demolitions would be the skill to choose.

I'm familiar with the section, but I cant afford any of it yet. At least not in any fun quantities.
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1160 on: <10-24-11/0742:02> »
Oh yeah. Normal day. Luck runs off, so lets see if skills would compensate it. IDN why I alays choose the hard way. If it wouldn`t be much easier to buy that point of edge back to get on the starting level :D

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1161 on: <10-24-11/0921:26> »
This is why having licensees to carry attached to your SIN real or fake, is important, so when the vory attack you can legally return fire :p
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1162 on: <10-24-11/2233:00> »
@Sichr:

Watch your last two posts cuz those really belong in the OOC section.   

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1163 on: <10-25-11/0148:50> »
@Sichr:

Watch your last two posts cuz those really belong in the OOC section.   

WUT? Maybe it would be better to remind me rules for IC/OOC posting...too much PbPs and differnt approach in every one :) we also have a new runner so it can be helpfull even for him :)

otherwise...how dense is the traffic in the area?

Powerplant means power lines (i hope) can I see those on the map? are they closer than power plant?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1164 on: <10-25-11/0940:41> »
 If you're not describing what your character is doing or thinking, then you should use [OOC: blah blah blah] brackets with italics or put it in the OOC thread.  For example, a question to the game-master would be something that would go in OOC brackets or the OOC thread. 

@Sichr: 

Powerlines are all over the place in Seattle and also underground.  If you're looking for some main kind of power-line those are also all over the place in Seattle and Wifi in 2072 is pretty resilient to them. 

Traffic is at normal levels. 

[OOC: i.e. you wouldn't get modifiers for traffic in a chase combat]

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1165 on: <10-26-11/0523:26> »
If you're not describing what your character is doing or thinking, then you should use [OOC: blah blah blah] brackets with italics or put it in the OOC thread.  For example, a question to the game-master would be something that would go in OOC brackets or the OOC thread. 

@Sichr: 

Powerlines are all over the place in Seattle and also underground.  If you're looking for some main kind of power-line those are also all over the place in Seattle and Wifi in 2072 is pretty resilient to them. 

Traffic is at normal levels. 

[OOC: i.e. you wouldn't get modifiers for traffic in a chase combat]

I imagined something like this:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=cs&langpair=en|cs&u=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_substation

like field of transformers, next to that power station...I know that WiFi is advanced in 2072/3, well even for that there are some limits, as in Unwired, p. 62, even mountains and landscape can influence the signal rating. IDn where I`ve seen table for modificators of signal due to surrounding...like heavy industrial area etc...
Wel...I realize that such place (substation) would very likely be guarded and protected in this times. So there is no other option than to run away.

Scenario as follows:
Drive to the crossroad with some "lesser?" street (not main street, IDN if there is some alley or passage, I can roll)
Jamming-on-fly for a few seconds, just enought to confuse the drone a bit
Activate holoprojector - image of me
Turn on chameleon coating on the bike, staying lowon the seating to be cevered as much as possible (I have a Travel boxes/in the back of a chopper)
Accelerate and try to runaway
on some other crossroad, close enought to the place Ive located (possibility for background static) my holo image turns left, I turn right
Turn off holoprojector
Find some place to stay for a minute
Continue my way much more cautiously

Electronic warfare, driving and shadowing rolls will follow as soon as I got out of firewall

Tell me if those actions are possible

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1166 on: <10-26-11/1940:34> »
@Sichr:

Well you know enough to know that drones have a full array of sensors that don't just rely on the visible spectrum so it has got you on thermographic so that chameleon coating won't make any difference. 

You can basically try to lose it using chase combat.  I'll give it a -1 to its actions because you're taking it into a static zone. 

Roll initiative in IC thread....and also roll your vehicle test. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1167 on: <10-27-11/0102:50> »
jup, standard:
Standard sensor package [12]:
• Atmosphere Sensor (taking up 1 Capacity)
• 2 Cameras (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• 2 Laser Range Finders (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• 2 Motion Sensors (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• Radar (taking up 5 Capacity)

is meant for larger vehicles, but cameras may be upgraded with thermographic and low light. Radar is a must for flying drone so it would be my greatest problem...
Ill roll afternoon.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1168 on: <10-28-11/1809:17> »
Hey everyone, thought I'd say hi as I'll be jumping into the current Urban Brawl game. I'm playing a dwarven mystic adept druid beastmaster named Fenris Greybeard, aka Thunderhead. He's got a bunch of skills and such related to animal handling (qualities and adept powers), and he has a giant Fenrir Wolf that he keeps out of sight by using an illusion spell to make it look like a beagle. He's got some powerful beast spirit summoning abilities. He can provide astral overwatch and counterspelling as well. He's not immensely powerful in direct combat, but he can at least hold his own when the magic runs out. He's got some serious issues with technology, so don't expect him to do anything too high-tech. The character sheet, in case you want to read more, is linked in my sig.

(bows)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1169 on: <10-28-11/1842:33> »
So since the old UB team has also a say in who joins up I'll leave the floor open for comments from Teyl and Sichr about the character sheet and any changes that would be helpful for the team.  Again these would be suggestions cuz we don't want to make Thermo's character for him but i'm sure Thermo's open to comments anyways.  Character sheet is linked to his signature :)