NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1125 on: <10-13-11/1427:49> »
@Socinus:

Well I don't have my book with me right now but I'd have to see what skill that weapon falls under.  It says "type: heavy pistol" on your character sheet, but i'll take a look at that weapon.  So if you're gonna use Karma gen, then it's gonna be strictly character creation karma, not stuff you could spend karma on after character creation, so initiation right out of character creation is not gonna be an option.   You're gonna have to spend game Karma on that.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1126 on: <10-13-11/1429:44> »
@Xzyl:

No problem man, hope everything calms down soon for you so that you're finally in a peace of mind that lets you join us again :)

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1127 on: <10-13-11/1506:02> »
@Socinus:

Well I don't have my book with me right now but I'd have to see what skill that weapon falls under.  It says "type: heavy pistol" on your character sheet, but i'll take a look at that weapon.  So if you're gonna use Karma gen, then it's gonna be strictly character creation karma, not stuff you could spend karma on after character creation, so initiation right out of character creation is not gonna be an option.   You're gonna have to spend game Karma on that.
It's an error in the generator. The MGL-6 is a grenade launcher from Arsenal (pg 31), pistol sized.

Submersion/Initiation grades are usually available at character generation if you're using the Karma Gen system.
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1128 on: <10-13-11/1542:20> »
It says it's up to the GM, and I'm saying that it's not available.  The reason people do Karma Gen is not to be able to get stuff they can't get in the 400 BP system, it's just a different way of allocating points and tends to allow for more well rounded characters who still perform well.  It discourages maxing out skills and attributes and rewards getting different skills.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1129 on: <10-13-11/1552:49> »
@ everyone:
Sorry, life's incredibly busy at the moment and not in the most pleasant way. No time for games whatsoever :(
I really am working on the character but I feel pretty bad for stalling you all so much. Probably best you start a game without me...

Good luck
you will manage it...as always :)

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1130 on: <10-13-11/1710:31> »
It says it's up to the GM, and I'm saying that it's not available.  The reason people do Karma Gen is not to be able to get stuff they can't get in the 400 BP system, it's just a different way of allocating points and tends to allow for more well rounded characters who still perform well.  It discourages maxing out skills and attributes and rewards getting different skills.
Fair enough.

Fixed. Added the points back into CF's and bumped a couple of skills up as well as adding Throwing Weapons
In a society that has abolished all adventure, the only adventure left is to abolish that society

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1131 on: <10-14-11/0220:47> »
Heh, Damn boyo, you sure went heavy on the skill groups.  About play style, are you planning on being the technomancer that stays out of the fight, or follows us in? because if that's the case, (it's just my opinion) I would suggest you spread those skills around a little more. I'm not saying the ones you have aren't good, but you could do with at least one point in either blades or clubs skills so you aren't helpless when people get in your face, and even more varied knowledge and active skills as well. (if you want suggestions just ask. I don't want to come off as pushy.) Also with a grenade focus you will be able to kick some ass, but won't be able to aid us fighting people that get up close and personal without seriously injuring or killing us and without other combat skills, again... helpless/ineffective. (food for thought)

I'm not sure you're gonna want the in debt negative quality in this game either as that could get really ugly for you, I know we don't really do a ton of out of fight RP, but I figure if you're gonna have negative qualities, Inca will find a way to use them on you on way or another... Otherwise I don't have any objections/concerns about your character, the rest of my questions will get answered once we start playing so I can learn about your play style. Oh and BTW. Welcome to the shit storm. 8)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1132 on: <10-14-11/0354:15> »
@Zach:

You're good with Doc Watson and he just tells you to rest up.  To find the Cascade Orks (which come from the Cascade Crows) it's a little more involved because Salish-Shidhe immigration policies for non-Amerindians is quite strict.  If you would like their aid in Initiatiing, I would make the search and meeting of them count as your Initiatory Ordeal.   If you want to persuade the team to help you on this that could be an option for what I'd make UB6.

I would be more than gratefull, well I would need to talk with Brick about that, because I dont have enought money to interest him in this, maybe his connections in Orkish underground would be usefull to find a job that would allow me to get in touch with them.
EDIT: And possibly gain some trust ;)

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1133 on: <10-14-11/1254:08> »
Heh, Damn boyo, you sure went heavy on the skill groups.  About play style, are you planning on being the technomancer that stays out of the fight, or follows us in? because if that's the case, (it's just my opinion) I would suggest you spread those skills around a little more. I'm not saying the ones you have aren't good, but you could do with at least one point in either blades or clubs skills so you aren't helpless when people get in your face, and even more varied knowledge and active skills as well. (if you want suggestions just ask. I don't want to come off as pushy.) Also with a grenade focus you will be able to kick some ass, but won't be able to aid us fighting people that get up close and personal without seriously injuring or killing us and without other combat skills, again... helpless/ineffective. (food for thought)
Follows you in, but stays back. I'm also planning on branching out once more Karma comes my way and there is A LOT I can do with grenades that dont involve killing my teammates :) You guys dont mind some singed hair, do you ;)

I'm not sure you're gonna want the in debt negative quality in this game either as that could get really ugly for you, I know we don't really do a ton of out of fight RP, but I figure if you're gonna have negative qualities, Inca will find a way to use them on you on way or another... Otherwise I don't have any objections/concerns about your character, the rest of my questions will get answered once we start playing so I can learn about your play style. Oh and BTW. Welcome to the shit storm. 8)
I'm ready to handle it, whatever may come of the negative qualities :)

Thank you

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1134 on: <10-14-11/1505:53> »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1135 on: <10-14-11/1857:07> »
Ok, so we've started up UB6 and like the last few runs you have a tiny bit of prep-work you can do.  I just include this so that you at least are a little prepared for the run but i'll cut it short if its getting too long and just start the scenario. 

Taking into account the down time, everyone except Tolan pay 1 life-style month. 

Also tie up any loose ends from the last run like the money from the van, etc.

@Tolan:

Can you link the text based character sheet in your signature?  I can't read the link that you got.
« Last Edit: <10-14-11/1906:14> by inca1980 »

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1136 on: <10-14-11/2242:27> »
Fixed

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1137 on: <10-15-11/0112:34> »
I'm just trying to see if you have any armor on your character as well.  Can't find it on your sheet but i'm pretty sure you had it on previous sheets.

Socinus

• Newb
  • Emerged
« Reply #1138 on: <10-15-11/0117:50> »
Yes, cant believe I missed that.

Form-Fitting Body Armor Full-Body Suit         
Light Armored Vest         
SecureTech Vitals Protector         

Totaling out to 11/5

Chem Protection 6, Non-Conductivity 6, and an Autoinjector are spread out on the armor as well.

Fixed it in the PasteBin post.

Characters
Firewall Character Sheet

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1139 on: <10-15-11/0303:43> »
Need to know:
Dr. Watson reward?

And IMO it is 1 mont = 1 Survival roll:
Will(3)+Survival(4)+Survival kit(2) (9d6.hits(5)=1)
OK thresshold met and Zach is ready...